💐heart issues💐

puppy love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And they called it puppy love
Just because we're in our teens
Tell them all, please tell them it isn't fair
To take away my only dream

 

The teacher's soft voice succumbed slowly into the background of your deep thoughts as you contently watched how the cloud-like curtains fluttered with the wind coming from the open window. Clear blue, the sky was spotless, making it look even more immense than it already did, flowers' petals and trees rustled with the soft breeze, you inhaled deeply with a smile extending on your lips. It smelled like summer.

Your gaze wandered around the classroom, enjoying the warm palette in which the room was painted in as it had such a loving effect when the walls would be kissed by the sun rays. Everything seemed to be, as usual, almost everything. Without being to help it your eyes had already landed on a certain person, admiring the way that his shoulders had grown to be so steady and broad, and how they were looking from where you were watching him, admiring the unnatural silver shade that his hair was dyed into, how it shone like a million diamonds in the sun. But your favorite part was the way his delicate and milky fingers tapped absentmindedly on the desk, his back hunched over the desk as if he'd fall asleep at any moment.

Baekhyun was starting to change.

In class, everything was the same as always, while he was the one who was truly changing, the fact made your heart do a tiny but painful squeeze in your chest. You didn't know why you were feeling like that, so... so anxious about it. It was something for you completely inexplicable. Somehow you feared that Baekhyun would grow on his own and drift away from you, he was a dear friend and you'd hate to have him become someone else, someone that wasn't Baekhyun. Baekhyun was always surrounded by many people, so loved and yet, he always found time to be with you. It would be a lie if you said that it didn't make you feel reassured from your worries, but yet, a part of you was still afraid that what the two of you had would disappear. 

As if he felt your stare burn on his skin, Baekhyun faced back, having his eyes meet with yours at first glance. Caught off guard, you flinched the slightest while trying your best to control the blood from reaching your cheeks. However, your efforts were to be wasted when his eyes formed into two glistening crystal moons, his lips stretching into a smile that even though you couldn't make out his reasons behind it, it shone brightly so that you for a second considered Baekhyun being an actual sun. His perfect pearl teeth showed and you feared that he would see you actually melting into your seat, leaving behind your furiously beating heart.

Flustered, you looked away, not really knowing what to name the reason to why your heart was like a sea in a storm inside of your chest. It worried you. 

On the other side, you could hear Baekhyun still a laugh and in a second you had forgotten about anything you had been thinking about as you were quick to send him a scowl, but the harsh expression didn't last long on your features because the view of Baekhyun's back shaking in silent laughter delighted your heart so much that you oh so clearly could feel it swell with happiness in your chest. While you absentmindedly leaned your cheek into your palm, a sigh escaped your lips and you let your eyes fix on Baekhyun's figure once again, but this time with no intention of looking away. When your eyes met again, you could feel the waves crash violently against your ribs and yet you didn't look away, as if your gaze had been glued onto his, letting his eyes find whatever they were searching for inside of yours.

His eyes whom in the sun were like jewels but once you'd stare into them, they'd turn into deep, deep oceans with no bottom, making whoever who'd stare into them feel lost and adrift, his gaze was something to you almost dazing as it took all of your will power to look away from his treasures, almost as if his eyes alone could put you under an inescapable spell.

Just when the class felt like it would never end, the bell ringed freedom. However, Baekhyun's eyes continued staring into yours, making you stay rock still in your seat, not daring to look away from the precious view that was his orbs. His silver hair was tousled into messy, wild locks, and yet he looked as perfect as he could, with his clear skin where his cheekbones would catch the rays of the sun, highlighting so brightly his face. People were quick to gather around him, wanting to hang out with the amazing guy who was currently giving you the most affectionate stare. Teeth dug into your lips when for a second you wished that these people would disappear and let you be with him alone. Alone. As if the two of you had never shared such a long gaze, he gave you another of his radiant smiles.

That smile that within a second enlightened the whole classroom, that smile that held an incredibly joyful warmth, you didn't know what happened, but you felt a part of yourself slip like sand through the cracks of your fingers when your heart skipped a beat that felt so different from the usual, at the same time it felt as if you had been renewed, as if there were wines and roots intertwining around your heart, flowers, roses, and plants growing on its edges, ornating it with their colorful petals, filling you with their delightful essence. You blamed his pearly white smile and those plump lips, for making your eyes draw to them like magnets, it was its fault that you couldn't help but wonder how it would feel to have his lips curl into such a smile against yours. 

A hand that squeezed on your shoulder broke the eye contact with the boy a few seats away as you faced the person, only to be met with another rather beautiful smile and a pair of wide chocolate orbs that couldn't wait to look into yours. 

"Kyungsoo, hi." Your lips curled while you pronounced his name and his beam brightened at your attention, his delicate hand slid down your arm absentmindedly before leaving you.

"Hey, I brought your notes back, thank you so much for lending them to me." The sincere words were said in his usual dark yet soft voice as he ever so gently placed the notes you took back on your desk, he bit his lips shyly as if there was something more he wanted to say, so you waited for him to gather his courage with a kind smile. Kyungsoo was always so delicate and calm and that never failed to rub off on you, in fact, you rather liked it. With his plump lips caught in his teeth, he swung slowly on the ball of his feet, occasionally looking at you from under his long lashes.

"I was wondering if you, sometime when you're free, perhaps we could go to study together?" His voice had barely been a light whisper when he finally brought himself to utter the words. You were surprised and for some reason, your heartbeat became more agitated. This was the first time a guy asked you out and for that matter, you had no idea what to say or if you ever wanted to. Kyungsoo was with no doubt an amazing and sweet person. But you could see from the rosy blush on his cheeks and the way he couldn't look at you in the eyes, that he felt something stronger in your regards than just simple friendship, you couldn't bring yourself to try and feel the same.

A nervous smile twitched on the corner of your lips while the tiniest bit of cold sweat started forming on your forehead.

"Uhm, let's see..."

As if someone had heard your silent call for help, a warm chest brushed against your back and a strong arm wrapped around your shoulders, pressing you against his side. 

"Y/n! I've been looking for you, can we talk for a second?" Baekhyun's voice resounded in your ears, sending happy chills down your spine as his arm unwrapped from your body and casually held your hand instead. Kyungsoo's sweet eyes turned within a second hard and stony when his gaze fell on your holding hands, eyeing the way that Baekhyun's fingers were so lightly holding yours. Completely ignoring the fact that he had interrupted you from answering, Baekhyun gave the other guy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter