After moon

Twisted

Nayeon and Jeongyeon have been together for almost 5 years and they are inseparable. Jeongyeon was always there for nayeon every time she cries or laugh. Jeongyeon always took care of Nayeon even if she’s younger than her. Jeongyeon was deeply in love with her but Nayeon never admits that she’s actually feeling it too. The older only thought of the younger as a sister a friend. 

Everytime Jeongyeon doesn’t call her, the older would get upset for no reason, every time Nayeon disagrees jeongyeon would stay quiet, Jeongyeon doesn’t talk back to Her Nayeon, she always wanted the best for her, she would always want Her Nayeon to be happy even if it’s with someone else, it hurts, but as long as it’s not Nayeon who’s hurting she wouldn’t mind bearing the torture.

Nayeon spend her nights with Mina, going out watching movie, driving around town leaving the younger at home wondering when will Nayeon come home does she ever crossed the older’s mind does Nayeon think about her like how Nayeon is on her mind 24/7, Jeongyeon would always wait for her.

Jeongyeon heard the front door creaking, she would ran out of her room and was asked with the same question every time.

“Why aren’t you sleeping ?” 

“I can’t sleep” The younger lied.

Jeongyeon was tired but she would force herself not to sleep not until Nayeon was home. She would make sure Nayeon went home safely and would wait for the older to sleep first. Jeongyeon would rest once she heard the older’s snoring. They don’t really see each other much. Only after dark.

Jeongyeon cooked the older breakfast every morning even knowing that she wouldn’t eat it “I’m sorry I can’t eat too early in the morning, see you later jeongie” Nayeon waved her way out.

Jeongyeon only smiled knowing Nayeon would eat later with Mina instead. “At least she’s eating” she assured herself only being there for Nayeon is enough for the younger, she wouldn’t mind if she’s not feeling it from The older. 

“Yoo Jeongyeon ! Why is this coat still wet ?! I need it for today ugh” Nayeon expressed in frustration.

“Im sorry” Instead of being angry to the bossy Nayeon, Jeongyeon would curse herself, Nayeon didn’t realize Jeongyeon did everything for her from cooking to doing laundry.


“Jeongie you’re getting thinner you should eat more” jeongyeon wasn’t replying

 “you know how breakfast is the most important meal of the day right” Nayeon said shoving the food inside . 

“I’m not forcing you to eat alright ? I’m just worried about your health you know i love you right ?” Nayeon flashed a warm smile

Lately Jeongyeon isn’t herself she refused to eat, doesn’t go out and not even talk, Nayeon was worried sick for the younger but the love she has for her what’s keeping her going on taking care of the younger.Maybe Jeongyeon had enough of Nayeon or is she ?

“Jeongie..? What’s wrong ? Is my cooking bad ?” Only Silence in return “If you don’t like it then I can buy you something else to eat” Nayeon reassured. “Jeongie?” Nayeon worriedly spoke, “Jeongyeon” The older slowly losing her patient, “Yoo Jeongyeon !” Nayeon stood up slamming the table, Her breath was heavy, anger was visible through her eyes.

The older rubbed her temple burrying herself into the chair. She continued to eat. The silence was loud. “I’m sorry...” Nayeon gave her a soft smile. “Listen you’re sick you’re really pale I’m doing anything I’m able to do to heal you....” the younger just stare without saying anything “but if you don’t cooperate with me then you’re gonna be like this forever...Jeongie ?“ 

“Are you listening ?” 

“Jeongie please”

The older sighed “I’m off to work now you should finish that up before i come back, if you need anything call me alright”

Nayeon went home to an unpleasant stench of rotting meat, it was so bad that she smelled it from outside her door.

“Jeongie ?” She stepped inside “Jeongie where are you ?” 

“There you are” the younger was still at the dining table like the last time Nayeon saw her 

Nayeon sniffed and figured where the smell came from “hey jeongie have you showered yet ?” Nayeon took a glance to the uneaten food.

“Well maybe it’s the spoiled food” 

Nayeon took care of the younger like a baby, she fed her, she showered her, dressed her up, dry her hair, comb her hair, tuck her into bed.

As they were laying down, Nayeon hugged the younger, Jeongyeon’s body was unusually cold

“You’re so cold...” 

“Reminds me of that time when we were in switzerland with all of them it was really fun...”

“Do You remember ? I was quite scared when we were walking down the stairs at the mountain and you quickly grabbed my hand” Nayeon smiled recalling the memories she had with Jeongyeon.

“Hey hey remember that one time we went out on a date and you said those words that really made me fell head over heels for you” 

*Flashback*

“if one day i become wrinkly, and my hair turns white and maybe I’ll have a hard time remembering you will you still love me ? Will you Always be by my side ? Will you stay” Jeongyeon professed staring into the older’s eyes under the big shady tree, before Nayeon came closer and placed her lips on Jeongyeon’s.It was a warm loving kiss. A kiss that sealed the oath.

*end of flashback*

But now the kiss is cold as cold as the winter breeze. 

“Jeongie please get better...I don’t care if you’re slow I’ll wait for you...like the hare and the tortoise” 

“I miss you jeongie” Nayeon’s voice cracked as the words escaping . She’s holding in the pain that’s she’s feeling inside . It felt like there’s a lump in .

“You loving breath, your soft voice” 

“There is only yoo in my heart” Nayeon chuckled to the cheesy pun which then turned into sobbings

“I’m sorry that i..” Now tears started rollinv down The older’s eyes. Biting her inner lips in an effort of suppressing her sobbing. Pounding her chest as her heart felt like being punctured.

“I’m sorry that i was too busy with work, That i went out most of the time with Mina until midnight, you didn’t even get mad at me instead you just waited for me, we only meet after dark but you never complained, you were too good for me, i don’t deserve you...only if...only if I had realized earlier things might be different by now, I wouldn’t be carrying this much guilt” As the tears were now streaming down like the river 

“That night after the check up you slept earlier than usual you must be really tired...”

“But the next morning you were still sleeping it was unusual”

“Only if I realized that you weren’t well...maybe you’d still be breathing by now” 

“Why didn’t you tell me ? Why are you torturing yourself for me ? I guess now i know how you feel everyday” 

“This feeling is unbearable but i wonder how did you stay like this for so long”

“This time I’m making it up to you, we made an oath which i had broken as i was too blinded with what the world had offered and now...now that you’re gone...My world has fallen apart”

“I know, i know I’m embracing to a lifeless body but i denied, i refuse to believe that you have passed, trust me from now on even if night and day passes, even if time passes, i will always be by your side”

“I don’t know what to do it’s too late now, I can’t think straight Jeongie, this is all i could think of, people might call me crazy but I just can’t let go of you, I miss you so bad”

“I wanna talk to you so badly, hearing your voice once again, I want to eat those breakfast you made that i never had the time to taste it” 

“Maybe we will meet again someday maybe we will meet after dark.”