Dazed

Dazed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They say that wishing up at the sky will make it come true. What would be the best time though? She wished on a daily basis. Every time she looks up on the blue sky, there is only one thing that she would pray and that is to win the love of her life. 

 

 

 

"Chaewon!"

 

 

 

It's not her name but she still look behind. It became her habit. The constant mixed-up of their names from grade school to high school become her own version of classical conditioning. 

 

 

 

Everyone around her would always be confused with their names. At first, she can't understand how is it difficult to distinguish 'yeon from 'won but now she's used to it. The thing is she's thankful that they have their names mixed-up. If it's not because of those not-at-good-remembering-names type of people, she won't be close with Chaewon. The years and counting of being friends won't even exists. 

 

 

 

"What should I do with you Chaeyeon-ah? I just shouted her name and you immediately snap your neck like it's about to break!" Hyewon, her other childhood friend ask her.

 

 

 

"Who would not fall for her? She talks sweetly and why does she looks prettier now?" She talks completely smitten by just thinking of her namesake love. 

 

 

 

Hyewon just shook her head giving up. Chaeyeon opens her chathead with Chaewon thinking if she should ask the girl if she's busy and if they could perhaps hang-out. 

 

 

 

She's still contemplating whether to message Chaewon until three dots appeared on her screen. She gulps in anticipation not removing her sight on her phone. 

 

 

 

"Yeonnie-ah, Have you eaten yet? Don't skip meals again okay?" 

 

 

 

Chaeyeon feels that her heart could burst any moment. She don't know if she shoulp keep her hopes high. She types her reply, "Thinking of you drives me crazy..." 

 

 

 

She immediately press backspace thinking that she loss her mind for a moment. She could not risk their years of friendship. This little things would be enough for her. 

 

 

 

"I will eat my lunch with Kwangbae. Don't forget to eat too, Wonnie-ah"

 

 

 

She contemplates if she should put a heart emoji. She sighs, is this her life? Should she always put up with the what-ifs? She added a smiley face and press send. 

 

 

 

"Alright, text me when you got home, okay? I'll be busy with my thesis so I won't see you for three days." 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter