𝐨𝐧𝐞.

she has a brother (said mother dearest)

 

 

 

“No, mom. I’m not ing straight– yes, I’m quite sure.” Baekhyun laughed in exasperation, sinking down into the soft cushions before throwing an arm over his eyes. University was starting in two days and his mother had tried to set him up with more girls than he could count since the day he came out, which he was starting to find himself thinking about regretfully, frankly. “I’m sure you’ll just grow out of it, sweetheart. Just call this girl, she’s lovely. Wonderful girl, I promise!” she said through the phone, her voice shrill and loud as he pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. 

 

“Mom.” he started. “I have a boyfriend.” 

 

There was a long silence after, of course. He expected no less from his mother. 

 

Another sigh escaped him before continuing the lie. “His name is Yuki. He’s in my university– he’s Japanese. He’s in Japan at the moment for a temporary semester with his family.” Maybe this was too elaborate. “You can meet him if you want– when he’s back, of course.” Baekhyun’s lips twitched as he rolled on his belly, wanting to laugh as he pictured his mother’s horrified face. With the tip of his thumb wedged between his teeth, he called out. “Mom? You there?” He worried momentarily about his mother’s heart, but he figured it would take a whole lot more than that to take the old hag down. He smiled fondly, despite his current predicament. “I’ll call the girl. Maybe I’ll meet her. I know that’s what you want, so I'll do it. Besides, I'm only doing it so you can save face in front of her family, okay? No more girls. No more set ups..” he said with a tone of finality in his voice. “Text me the details.” he gave it a pause. “I love you, mother dearest.” he teased lightly before hanging up. 

 

He laid there for a long moment. The cool breeze that came with the moon had replaced all the warmth the sun left in his living room earlier that day. He sat up with an exhale and pondered lazily if he should get chinese for the cute delivery boy or get up and cook for himself. “God, what I’d do for a single night with him.” he murmured lowly to himself before reaching for his cell to phone the restaurant. He smiled painfully. . How was the chinese restaurant on his speed dial? He had to sort his priorities. He thought, his head shaking in his disappointment in himself before dialing with a deep sigh. 

 

“Hello. This is Yixing from Zhang Dragon. How can I help you?”  The voice drawled in monotone.

 

Baekhyun blinked, heart crawling it’s way up his throat. “Uh. Hey. Uhm.” he cleared his throat. “Cool name. No-  I mean. Uh.” he scrunched his nose, his hand sprawled across his red face.

 

“So, my name's... not cool?”  The voice sounded strained, but clearly very amused. Like he was holding back a ing laugh. The damned bastard. He groaned mutely before replying. “Your name’s cool but that’s not exactly the reason why I called. I’d like to order, please.” he gathered his wits, schooling his features despite no one being able to see him that moment. 

 

A low chuckle sounded through his ear and his toes instinctively curled at the sound. “Sure. What can I get for you?” he gulped and dug his feet into the carpet. “Chicken Lo Mein, please. And a serving of shrimp dumplings. Uhm. And uh. The Chicken Manchurian Sizzler.” he contemplated ordering more but didn’t want to seem like a pig, which he truly was, but it didn’t hurt to hide it. 

 

“Sounds good. Is that it, sir? Anything to drink?” the voice asked. 

 

“A coke. That’s it, thanks.” he pursed his lips, arms wrapped around himself. 

 

“I know where to find you. See you in about an hour to an hour and a half.” 

 

“See you.” he said before hanging up. He didn’t when he stood up. He plopped back onto the couch and stared into space. “Byun Baekhyun. You’re so ing gay.” he grunted. I know where to find you. How the did he pull that off without sounding creepy as ? With a mean look at the wall, he found himself reaching for his phone when it buzzes.


 

Mother Dearest

+82 XX XXXX YYYY 

This is her phone number. 

Okay. I’ll call her tonight.

 

Baekhyun stared at his phone for a few seconds, face blank. She didn’t give him her name. Or maybe she mentioned it in their call. Not that any of it mattered anyway. He’d just call her. Meet up with her and have a good chat. Anxiety curled up at the pit of his belly at the prospect of going on a date with yet another girl regardless. Tired lines worried his face in his slightly elevating panicked state. Another buzz from his phone pulled him out of his spiraling state. 


 

Mother Dearest

She has a brother. 

 

That conniving old hag. He smiled softly.

  An "I love you, too" would have sufficed, mother dearest.