★-Chapter 7-★ “falling asleep to the sound of your voice”

♥-Happily Ever After or Just Disaster...Which Is It??-★

Jonghyun’s POV

          After walking Rylee home, I gave her a kiss then I caught the bus back to my place. I hated to be apart from her but I knew that there was no way in hell her mom would let me stay over. Once I got home I noticed my sister had  two of her friends over, which I didn’t mind they were cool girls. “Hey Jongie!” my sister came to me and gave me a hug. She has always been there for me ever since we were little.

“Hey” I pulled away and went to the kitchen to get a bottle of water.

“So I take it you were with Rylee” my sister said in a teasing voice.

“Yes as a matter of fact I was.” I took a drink of water.

“Aaww, I can’t believe my baby brother has his first girlfriend already. I must be getting old” she said as she turned to her friends. They just giggled and blushed. I rolled my eyes but kept a smile on my face thinking about Rylee.

“So when am I going to get to meet the girl who has got my baby brother on cloud nine?” she pinched my cheeks.

“Well I was gonna ask her to come over tomorrow to meet you and mom” I said as I finished my bottle of water.

“I think that would be a great idea” my mom said shocking both me and my sister as she came through the door.

“You really think so?” I asked her as I went to her to help her with the grocery bags.

“Yeah baby, I won’t mind meeting the girl who has my son love-struck” she said packing away the food.

“Okay then, I’ll call her and ask her to come over and meet you guys tomorrow.” I said going to change out of my school clothes. I was excited; finally Rylee would get to meet my family. They already know so much about her since I have had a crush on her already for two years.  I just hope that they would all get along because I love my family and I love Rylee. It would break my heart if they didn’t get along.

After diner I did a little of my homework, then decided to give Rylee a call. Couldn’t help but wonder what she would be up too, and I also wanted to hear her voice. It’s been 6 hours since I’ve heard it last. I laid on my bed and dialed her number; she picked up on the third ring.

“Hey Jongie” her voice came through the receiver.

“Hey babe, what you up to”.

“Laying down listening to my DBSK cd. What you doing?”

“You are really whipped over those guys” I chuckled and so did she. But she really was crazy about them, on her iPod she had a playlist of every DBSK song known to man. WHIPPED!  

“Hey it’s not my fault that their voices are so soothing and attracting to the human ear”. I just giggled, she is the cutest.

“I hear you baby. But I want to ask you something”.

“Sure thing, what’s up?”

“How would you feel about coming over tomorrow and meeting my family?” I asked and for the life of my I felt a little nervous.

It took her a moment but she answered. “Sure, I would love to meet your family. But…” she didn’t finish.

“But what?”

“What if they don’t like me?” she said and I could hear the doubt in her voice.

I smiled “They will like you” I reassured her.

“How do you know for sure?”

“Because I already told them about you and they can’t wait to meet you”. She didn’t respond right away but I know she was smiling on the other end.

“Are you for real or are you just messing with me again?” she asked and I could her the eagerness in her voice.

“Yes, in fact they are the ones who told me to bring you over tomorrow”.

“Well in that case I can’t wait to meet your family”. When she said that I could have jumped for joy but I had to play it cool.

“Great, so I’ll come get you in the morning then”.

“Awesome.” She agreed cheerfully.

And for the next couple of hours, we spent talking about anything and everything. I loved how comfortable we were with each other and hoe we could spend hours talking about random stuff; making each other laugh. After a good while I happened to look up at the clock and notice that it was 3:30 in the morning. Wow we have been talking for 5 hours straight. I think we have beaten our old record. She must have taken notice of the time also because she then said “Wow babe, it is real late”.

“I know we have been at this for 5 hours”.

“Cool, we broke our record” she laughed.

“But seriously, we should turn in. I can’t be meeting your family tomorrow looking tired”. Only herm but she had a point. Besides I was feeling kind of sleepy myself.

“Cool baby, I’ll see you in the morning”.

“Okay see you then. I love you”. Just by her saying that, it made my heart race a million times faster. If only she knew what she does to me.

“I love you more. Night Ry”. I blow her a kiss through the phone.

“Nighty night Jongie” she blow me one back.

I waited for a moment but I could still hear her on the other end. “Ry you still there?”

“Yes” I said giggling.

“Why didn’t you hang up?” I asked smiling.

“Because it is rude to hang up on people, so you hang up first”.

“No way, you hang up first” I challenged her.

“Okay how about we hang up at the same time”. I like her proposal.

“Okay, that can work” I agreed with her.

“Cool so on the count of three we’ll both hang up”

“One…” she counted.

“Two…”

“Three…” we both said at the same time. I held the phone to my ear a little longer to see if she had hung up. But knowing her like I did, she didn’t. She was on the other end giggling away.

“Rylee…” I laughed with her.

“Sorry, but I just can’t bring myself to hang up on you” she said and I could feel her making a cute face as she did.

Aigoo my girlfriend is so cute! I thought as I blushed to myself, I am such a er for her cuteness.

“Okay, since it is oblivious that neither of us wants to get off the phone…how about we both stay on the phone until we fall like asleep?”

“I like that plan a lot” she agreed with me.

“Cool, so tuck yourself under and close your eyes.” I told her.

“Okay” I could hear her getting comfortable. “Night baby” I said in the middle of yawn. Yup she is sleepy now. To help her fall asleep faster, I started to hum DBSK’s “One” to her. “Mmm I love that song” she said softly. I smiled and continued to hum until I heard light breathing. Yup she is asleep finally. I rolled over and got under my covers with my phone still in hand. I placed it next to my ear and smiled as I could still hear her light breathing. For some reason listening to her sleep put me at peace and I soon found myself drifting off into a deep sleep. Ready to meet her in my dreams.