You'll Float Too

You'll Float Too
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You’ll float too

 

“We cannot possible be considering entering that sewer, right? Look, Wen, I’m sorry, okay? I just… I don’t want to die like…”

“She’s not dead, Seulgi!” Wendy tried to reason. “She can’t be. She would want us to find her, so please help me, just…”

Yixing looked at her with pity, preferring not to speak up.

“Seulgi’s right.” Junmyeon supported. “I don’t want to go missing either. You need to face it, Wendy!”

“Besides,” Started Joy. “You can possibly ask me to enter there; we could get an infection, the one that eats human flesh. Haven’t you heard of it?”

“I can’t believe you guys! Well then, you all can go now. I will look for Joohyun myself and I don’t care if I die trying.” Wendy stated, illuminating the tunnel with the flashlight.

“Wendy, wait!” Yixing tried to stop her, but it was too late, she was already inside.

“, she’s gonna get herself kill.” Was the last thing Wendy heard.

 

Walking in a pestilent sewer only with a flashlight wasn’t what she had in mind when rescuing her girlfriend. Joohyun had gone missing just two hours ago, but the probability of her being already dead was high, at least of 90%. She wasn’t giving up, anyways. Maybe, bringing her to that town was the worst idea of her life and soon she would find out if her biggest regret too. She couldn’t lose her. She just couldn’t.

A loud hiss made her jump. She didn’t know where it was coming, but it was getting louder each time.

“Seungwan…” A voice called in the dark.

“You promised you would always protect me.” The voice said. Wendy recognized it as Joohyun’s voice.

“Baby? Is that you? Joohyun?!” She tried again, illuminating where she thought she had seen something.

Suddenly, the silhouette of her girlfriend showed in front of her. Her heart hurt when she saw her favorite pair of eyes looking at her with such pain.

“You said you wouldn’t let It hurt me, Seungwan.”

Seungwan could feel herself crying. She approached her girlfriend, keeping her distance in case it wasn’t really her.

“This is not real. Not real.” She said to herself, closing her eyes tight.

“Am I not real enough for you?”

When Wendy opened her eyes again, she saw a horrendous figure, not her Joohyun. This one didn’t have an arm, and her skull was destroyed. The vision in front of her made her scream her lungs out. The vision was replaced, then, with It. The horrible clown opened its mouth, showing its multiple set of teeth.

It moved to her direction, fast enough that Wendy was unable to run. It took her by her neck, making her grasp for air.

“You will float down here too!”

“I’m sorry I failed you.”  She babbled, sadness dripping out of her words.

She was sure she was about to die, when a metal bar crossed It’s head side to side. Yixing exclaimed a wo-hee, while sticking the metal bar deeper. The clown let Seungwan go, throwing her some meters away.

“Wen, are you okay?!” Joy crawled to her, helping her to stand up.

“Fast, we got to go!” Seulgi said, guiding the rest of the group through another tunnel.

They run as fast as they could, turning left to right multiple times, hoping that would made them difficult to find. Finally, the reached a big and tall room. Wendy was injured, so she fell to the floor dramatically. The rest of them were panting as well, fighting for some air.  

“Guys? Look.” Junmyeon said, focusing her sight onto the ceiling. “I think we are in It’s house.” They were right below the water well.

Another thing to notice was a pile of what seemed like trash located at the center of the room. Wendy stood up, getting close to the pile.

“It’s… these are Joohyun’s glasses. She was wearing them when It took her. She could be nearby.”

A laugh startled them.

“That thing is coming. We need to hurry up. Everyone start looking for Irene’s trail!” Yixing exclaimed.

Wendy knew that she was alive. She had to be.

She spotted another tunnel, more like a giant hole on the floor.

“Joohyun? Are you there?” She asked, seeing something at the bottom of the pit. “Joy, my flashlight’s not working. Come here and point it at the bottom.”

Joy did as told, flashing the bottom. At first, they didn’t see anything, but then, Wendy spotted an arm hanging out of a hole carved inside the pit’s wall.

“Is that…?” Seulgi started, standing behind the two girls.

“Guys, It’s here! We are all gonna die, oh my god.” Junmyeon said, running to where they were.

“Wen, we need to get out now.” Yixing reasoned.

“I’m not leaving her. You guys can go if you want.”

They sighed, trying to come up with a plan.

“Then, get down now and bring Joohyun’s body up. You think you can pull it?” Seulgi asked.

“Yes, I can, but I will need a rope to get Joohyun’s body up here. Search this place for one while I climb down.”

Fortunately, the pit had those holes carved all over the wall. The bad thing was that the holes were a little big and they had a big space between them. She tried to put one foot in the hole, but she slipped, only stopping her death by scratching her hands and nails ‘till she managed to grab a hold onto another hole. Estimating that no more than 2 meters separated her from the floor, she jumped, but her ankle fell in a bad position, hurting her.

“Wendy, hurry up! We cannot stop It longer. Ah!” Joy said.

Wendy hurried up grabbing Joohyun’s body and getting her out of the hole. The rope that they were holding fell to the pit’s bottom, leaving the two girls without an escape.

“Junmyeon!! Ah! Get out!” Yixing screaming in the distance.

Wendy assumed they were screwed. And also all by themselves. Their friends had let them alone in that pit.

“My love, please come back to me.” She told Joohyun. “I know you’re in there.”

Still, she got no response.

“Dammit!” She hissed.

She calculated that they had some minutes before It coming back to eat them. Wendy illuminated one of the carved holes, trying to see where it led them. She, then, remembered the sewer system map and that speci

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter