Daffodil I

My Dear Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shim Minha walked into the building like she owned the building, well, the building belonged to her father thus it belonged to her too. She had not met her father for a while because she was busy with college and social life so it was one of the few moments she went to the company to have lunch with her father.

 

Few employees who were waiting for the elevator next to her threw her judging glares, not knowing who she was and they would never guess who she was because the way she dressed up did not give out any hint that she was the heiress of the prestige corporation. She would say her style was more to y kind but people would call her ty. Whatever people called her did not bother her, by the way.

 

The moment the elevator reached the ground floor and opened, her jaw dropped. She could not believe what she was seeing. Or more accurately, who she was looking at. Her eyes caressed his thick eyebrows and his penetrating eyes, slowly made their way to his nose to his pink, non-smoker lips. She let out a breath she did not know she was holding in. He literally took her breath away with his irresistible beauty. How could someone be so manly yet so beautiful?

 

The slow motion movement suddenly moved at a normal pace when the beautiful man walked past her. Minha was alarmed so she ran after the man. “Junmyeon!” Her high heels made loud stomping sounds. “Kim Junmyeon!” The man did not stop so Minha ran faster, handbag swinging.

 

“Wait!” She overtook him near the main entrance and stopped in front of him while panting. The man stopped to avoid bumping into her. “Hi!” Minha offered him a smile. Junmyeon did not return her greetings. He simply looked at her like she was an annoying pest.

 

“What are you doing here?” Minha inquired while acting all friendly. “Who would have thought I would see you here?” She let out a pleasing laugh.

 

“Who are you?” Junmyeon raised a brow.

 

“Who… You don't remember me?” Minha was surprised. “It's me… Shim Minha. Your junior in high school.”

 

“Shim Minha?” He frowned. He could not remember her.

 

Minha sighed, “Eunha's cousin.”

 

“Oh!” As expected, he would remember Eunha. Eunha was highschool sweetheart who was the same age as Junmyeon while Minha was the unpopular three years old younger cousin, the wallflower. “Ohh!!” He recalled something.

 

“Yes! That's me!” Minha interjected. She knew exactly what he was thinking about. He must have thought of her countless confessions that got rejected every single time. She used to be his biggest fan, his stalker fan and also his personal cheerleader. “Why are you here?”

 

“Business matters.” He answered disinterestedly. “I have to go.”

 

“So soon?” Minha touched his arm when he was about to move. “It's lunch time. Let's have lunch together and catch up.”

 

Junmyeon refrained himself from pushing her hand away, “Sorry.”

 

“Oh, come on.” Minha groaned when Junmyeon stepped away from her. “Junmyeon! Oppa!”

 

 

 

“Appa!”

 

“Oh, you're here!” The chairman opened his arms for his beloved daughter. He kissed her head, “Long time no see, huh?”

 

“Appa!” She pouted.

 

“What is it?” He loosened the hug, letting his daughter sat on the edge of the office table.

 

“Am I ugly?”

 

“What are you talking about?” Her father smiled. He missed this whiny brat so much. “You're the prettiest.”

 

“I saw Junmyeon.”

 

“Junmyeon?” The father blinked in confusion. “Wait a minute…you're telling me the Kim Junmyeon you have been talking about since forever is that Kim Junmyeon? The one I just had a meeting with?” His eyes wide out of surprise. He knew about her unrequited love story but did not know the boy her daughter head over heels for.

 

“He rejected me again!” Minha grumbled. “Yes, that's him. The Kim Junmyeon. I saw him at the lobby. He is becoming more handsome, appa.” She whined as if she could not get a toy she wanted.

 

“Can't blame you because he charmed me during the meeting too. That boy is still young but so wise. A genius.” Her father praised, acknowledging her taste in men.

 

“I know right? I still want him, appa.”

 

“You have to work harder.” He patted her head. “I don't think a man like him has time to date.”

 

“Pssshh…” Minha playfully rolled her eyes. “He has a girlfriend.”

 

“How did you know?” Her father was curious.

 

“Er… I still stalk him from time to time…”

 

“Minha… I told you to—”

 

“I only stalk his social media accounts. Not physically. I swear!” Minha raised her hand.

 

“Stop liking him so much. You're only hurting yourself. Forget him, yeah?”

 

“But appa…”

 

“Do you like it if someone wooed your boyfriend?”

 

“I don't.” She pouted even more. “Can't I be friends with him?”

 

“You should. I would love my daughter to be friends with someone as smart as him and stop hanging out with—”

 

“There you go again! There you go again!”

 

Her father laughed. Minha was protective of her group of friends. They were a bit wild, party animals. “Alright, alright. I won't judge your friends again.”

 

“Appa…”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Can you give me his number?”

 

 

“Sir…” The secretary warily started, scratching her head. “Miss Shim wants to talk to you.”

 

“Tell her I am busy.” Junmyeon replied, not looking at his secretary who was fidgeting near the door frame. “What the hell does she want from me?” He mumbled.

 

“She insists, sir. She keeps calling and it seems like she does not have any plan to stop until you talk to her.”

 

“Just block her number.”

 

“I don't think it's a wise move, sir. She uses company's number. I am afraid they can't get a hold of us when they want to discuss about the project if we blocked this number.”

 

“Connect the call.” He sighed.

 

“Right away.” The secretary left the room to go back to her workspace. She transferred the call to her employer and let out a relieved sigh because she did not have to deal with the stubborn woman again.

 

“Hello?? Helloo? Miss Secretary, I just want to talk to Junmyeon for a few minutes. Please! How much longer you're going to make me wait?” He heard her groan.

 

“Kim Junmyeon speaking.”

 

The cell phone almost flew out of Minha's hand when she heard his smooth, angelic voice. “Hey… Hi, Kim Junmyeon-ssi!” She placed her palm on her chest, feeling her pounding heart. She loved this feeling, this happiness and giddiness that she would only feel when Junmyeon was involved. “How are you?”

 

“What do you want?”

 

“Are you busy? Let's have lunch together.” She cheerfully invited him.

 

“I'm very busy.” He leaned his back on the chair, massaging his forehead. He did not get enough sleep preparing for the collaboration project with Shim Corporation and the heiress of the said corporation was not letting him have a peace of mind.

 

“And that's why we should have lunch together!” She exclaimed. His frown deepened, not understanding how her brain work at all. “You should take a break! It's unhealthy to sit on your chair 24/7. Let's go for a walk.” Minha was not sure how her lunch plan became a let's-go-for-a-walk plan but she would just do whatever she had to do to go out with him.


 

“Shim Mina, I'm very sorry to say this but I really don't have time for this.” He almost growled out of annoyance, looking at the paperwork scattered on top of his table. “My work is very important to me. I don't have time to fool around.”

 

“I promise I won't fool around! If you have lunch with me, I will stay silent and just eat my salad! I promise!”

 

“That's not what I mean…” you fool.

 

“I'm Shim Minha, by the way. Not MI-NA but MIN-HA.” She chuckled. She loved it, it was the first time Junmyeon talked to her for more than ten seconds. It's a big achievement she should pop a champagne for.

 

“May I ask you a question, Miss MIN-HA?” He emphasized her name.

 

“Sure!”

 

“What do you do for a living?”

 

“I am graduating next year!”

 

“Oh, so you are a student…” He exhaled. “Why don't you hang out with a fellow student who has time to fool around instead of bothering a busy, uninterested working man like me?” Junmyeon expected his words to kill her spirit and crush it to the ground. He had enough and he wanted to focus back on his works.

 

“Don't you want to know my major?” She acted like she did not just get rejected by him for the umptenth time. “My major is business management. My father says I should mingle around with business men instead of wasting time with my college mates.”

 

“Why me?” He gritted. “There's so many business men in your company.”

 

“Because I'm more interested in this one hot entrepreneur.”

 

“You’re only three years younger, aren't you?”

 

“That's right, oppa. You remember!” Minha smiled.

 

“You're already 26 yet you are acting this childi—”

 

“Youthful, I know. Thank you for the compliment, oppa.” She made kissy sounds. Junmyeon pulled the cell phone away and stared at the screen in disgust.

 

“Don't call me oppa.”

 

“Can't help it, my father raised me right by telling me to be polite to someone older.”

 

“I'm not that older and we're not that close.”

 

“Alright, I will call you Junmyeon-ssi. It sounds y anyways.”

 

“Don't.” There's a knock on the door. His secretary was moving her arms frantically, silently reminding him of his next schedule. He nodded. “Miss Shim, I have to end the call.”

 

“WAIT! So what about our dinner?”

 

“Didn't you talk about lunch just now?”

 

“Dinner is fine too since you can't make it for lunch. Don't tell me you're busy at night too?” She whined.

 

“Sorry. I don't think I will ever make it whether it is for lunch, dinner or even breakfast with you. I don't hang out with unemployed people. Bye.” He ended the call and grabbed his suitcase before rushing out of his office.

 

Minha stared at the phone, dumbfounded. “Did he just call me jobless?” Once she was over it, she hugged the office phone to her chest, legs moving excitedly while sitting on top of the desk. The phone call was amazing even though he declined her invitation for lunch and dinner. Junmyeon finally interacted with her more than ten seconds!

 

“Dear, why are you hugging the office phone?”

 

Minha scrambled to put down the phone. She was busted! “Appa! Hehehe..”

 

“You didn't tell me you are coming again today. Why are you here? And most importantly, what are you doing at my secretary’s desk and why are you using the office phone?” Her father folded his arms on his chest, fondly staring at his only child.

 

“Oh, nothing! I just… You know… When I come here I always…”

 

“Always?” He playfully raised his eyebrow.

 

“Yeah!” She dumbly agreed.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Yeah!”

 

“What do I do with you…” He shook his head in disbelief, chuckling. “Don’t you have something to tell me?”

 

“Fine.” She sighed defeatedly. “I illegally took Junmyeon's contact number from the database.”

 

“Why?” Her father stepped closer and caressed her head. “You can look up his number online.”

 

“You've his assistant contact number and he blocked my number a long time ago so I had to use the office phone to contact him.”

 

“Are you serious?” He laughed out loud. “What did you do to him that he went to that extent?”

 

“Don't laugh at me!” She pouted, embarrassed.

 

“I will help you.”

 

“Help me with what?”

 

“Let's have dinner with Junmyeon tomorrow.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter