Daffodil II

My Dear Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junmyeon finally got to be at ease once they sent Mr. Shim to his three store mansion. The driver was on his way to send him home first before sending the woman who had not stop looking at him, since she lived the furthest. Junmyeon noticed her staring from his peripheral view so he pretended like he was busy on his phone.

 

“Junmyeon…” Minha started. There was a strong urge to ask about his relationship with Jisoo. Was she cheating on him behind his back? Or did they break up? If Junmyeon said they were still together, should she tell him what she saw at the nightclub? Would Junmyeon believe her? “Junmyeon-ssi…” Minha called again because Junmyeon ignored her.

 

“What?” He grunted and looked at her.

 

I shouldn't. I shouldn't cross the line. Their relationship is none of my business, no matter how much I care about him. He would accuse me of making up stories to win his heart. Or worse, his heart would break if he found out the truth about Jisoo's infidelity. “I want to ask if you… if you want to have lunch together tomorrow?” She couldn't say it.

 

“I said I'm on a diet.” He tiredly pinched the bridge of his perfect nose. “Can you stop asking me out for a meal?”

 

“Then I don't have any other reason to ask you out.”

 

“Because we absolutely have no reasons to see each other.”

 

“All men do is lie.” Minha punched his arm lightly. “You told my father we're friends.”

 

“You know I had to.”

 

“I'm calling President Shim.” Minha took out her phone before chuckling at his incredulous face. “Just kidding. Come on, Junmyeon. Being on a diet does not equal to starving yourself. Have lunch with me, please. If you can't make it for lunch then how about dinner?”

 

“I have dinner at home. It's not that I'm starving myself and it's easier to control my meal at home.”

 

“Let's have dinner at your place!”

 

“You wish.”

 

“I do.” Minha nodded eagerly.

 

Junmyeon took his time to properly scan her appearance and observe her characters. She dressed like a woman her age, maroon dress that hugged her curves and revealing her smooth back. However, she acted like a whiny, innocent high school student. Her character was in contrast with her visual. The only innocent part of her visual was a pair of deep dimples on her cheeks that appeared every time she moved her lips.

 

“Sorry.” Junmyeon said when the car parked in front of the lobby of his condominium. He thanked the driver before exiting the car and walking away without looking back. All these years, his best move to push away her advances on him was by ignoring her.

 

Walking toward the elevator, every past advances became vivid in his mind. He also recalled his feelings at those times. Sometimes he found her funny yet most of the time, he was annoyed. He pushed the button and waited. Within seconds, the elevator door opened. He entered and frowned when he heard footsteps beside his own.

 

“Yah!” He was surprised to see Minha in the elevator with him. “Go home. Why are you following me like a lost kitten?”

 

“I want to have ramyeon at your place.” Her smile faded when Junmyeon reached for her ear and twisted her earlobe lightly.

 

“Flirt with me once again and I'll rip your ear off your stubborn head.”

 

“I'm sorry. I am sorry. If I can't have ramyeon then let me have Junmyeon. Aaah!! Don't pull!”

 

“Go home!” He let go.

 

“I want to visit Byul. Please!” She tugged on his lower arm with both hands. “Please…”

 

This was why Junmyeon always opted to ignore her completely. His heart was weak to begging and whining. He sighed, “Fifteen minutes and perish.”

 

“Yay!” She hugged his arm. She reached out one arm to push the button of the elevator. “What level?”

 

Junmyen pushed the button instead of answering her. “What are you doing now?”

 

“Resting my head against your firm bicep.” She jokingly caressed his arm.

 

“Not that!” He retorted. “You said you're graduating next year so what are you doing now? Don't you have class or final year project to do?”

 

“I'm on semester break, still looking for a company for internship.” She moved her head from his arm. “Hire me as an intern, Mr. CEO.”

 

“Ask President Shim.”

 

“That's not fun at all. I don't want to be an intern at Shim corporation. They're going to bully me. I am sure of it!”

 

“Why would they bully the President's daughter?”

 

“Because they don't know I am the President's daughter?”

 

“Tell them.”

 

“Do I look like a President's daughter? They thought I was his sugar baby.”

 

“Do something and change how you dress. You do dress like a sugar baby.” He commented. Even more with her heavy, western style make-up.

 

“And you dress like a sugar daddy.” She laughed. Junmyeon distanced himself and glowered at her. “Whaaaat?” She laughed louder. “Clad in suit and expensive tie, oh your Rolex wrist watch.. You look like my daddy.”

 

“You are an idiot.” He grunted.

 

“What about it?” She looked down at her knee length maroon dress. “There's nothing wrong with how I dress. This kind of dress is cute. Oh, the back?” She turned to show him her back and looked over her shoulder. “Killer S-line, right?”

 

“Stop irritating me!”

 

She laughed again. “Why are you getting mad at the sight of my back?”

 

Because you're pretty. I don't want to like you just because you're pretty. “Why are you recklessly showing off your skin to a stranger?”

 

“You're not a stranger so there's no stranger danger situation here.” She turned when the elevator opened. They exited.

 

“I may not be a stranger to you but I am still a man.”

 

“So what can a man do with a sight of my back? Drawing a picture?” She joked.

 

Oh, Miss Shim. You don't want to know what we are capable of doing with the sight of your y back. I assure you none of it are kids-friendly. His own imagination disgusted him. “Disgusting.” He mumbled under his breath while opening the door to his house with his thumb print.

 

She heard it but Minha chose to ignore the little ache in her chest. Nothing news. She was aware that Junmyeon disliked her. It would not stop her though. So what if Junmyeon did not love her? That was not what she wanted. She wanted to love him, giving him all her love and attention without expecting anything in return. Maybe she did expect something from him, a friendship.

 

“Wow, your place is so nice!” Minha followed him from behind while seeing the decoration. It's minimalist yet luxurious, suited to Junmyeon's style. “Did you decorate your house yourself?”

 

“No. The interior designer did. All I did was telling him my preferences.” He placed his phone on the coffee table before taking off his jacket. “Byul is probably asleep in her little house. She gets bored after the helper goes home.”

 

“That house?” Minha slowly walked toward the house and got down on her knees. She bent her body to peek into the house. “Byul~”

 

The little furry opened its eyes before quickly stood on its’ feet. Minha picked it up, “Long time no see, little star.” She kissed it.

 

“You've met her before?” He slung his jacket on the couch. “If you want to drink anything, just help yourself.”

 

“Eunha brought me to your house for one of your birthday parties. Her face is exactly the same but her body is a little too soft. Is she alright?” She hugged Byul to her chest lightly before taking a seat on the couch.

 

“She's getting old. That's all.”

 

“Poor baby.” Minha's caressed Byul's fur. “Did your daddy leave you at home alone, huh? Mean daddy! You should bite your daddy.”

 

“Not like I leave her alone for the whole day. The helper always comes at 9 and leaves this house at 6.”

 

“But you're only home now. What time is it? Ten! You left her alone for four hours.”

 

“I usually come home at 7 but today someone decided to gang up with her father to ruin my diet so I had no choice.”

 

“And that someone decided to come and play with lonely Byul. How nice!”

 

“Fifteen minutes.” Junmyeon reminded her before leaning his back lazily on the couch facing the woman.

 

“Is it okay for me to come here?” Minha cautiously asked.

 

“Of course it's not okay. You're not allowed here. I should call the police and put restriction order on you.”

 

Minha pouted. “That's not what I mean. I thought maybe… your girlfriend…”

 

He laughed in disbelief. “You are afraid of my girlfriend more than the police?”

 

He did not deny it. They're still together. But she smiled because he was laughing. “No, I am not afraid of anyone.”

 

“I’m going to take a shower and after that you have to go home.” He rose to his feet. “Baby.”

 

Minha was startled. Her heart suddenly blossomed like red roses, smile growing wide as her cheeks flushed red.

 

“Not you, you idiot.” Junmyeon reached out to caress Byul's head and unintentionally caressed Minha's arm. Minha froze at the touch. “If you keep acting weird like this I am going to kick you out like right now.”

 

“No!” Minha exclaimed. “You go take your shower, you stinky man.” She playfully pinched her nose as if smelling something nasty. In contrast, he smelled very nice, sweet yet masculine.

 

After Junmyeon left to take a shower, Minha looked at his phone. It was not buzzing at all. No notifications, it did not light up at all. She wondered if he texted his girlfriend or not. Then, she walked to the wall to view few paintings hung there. Junmyeon was a big fan of arts so it did not surprise Minha at all to see his collection of exclusive pieces of arts. “Byul, how to be you? You've been living with him since forever. And he calls you baby. You're not a baby. You're old. I am the baby.” She giggled while cuddling the white fur. “You smell nice like your owner. Maybe I should kidnap you.”

 

“Where do they put your treats? Do you want late night treats? It's not late night yet but let's get you something.” She walked into the kitchen, put Byul down on the floor before rummaging through the cabinets. Byul followed her around excitedly. She could not find any treats on the upper cabinets so she crouched down to search for it on the lower cabinets. “Oh, it's here!”

 

“What are you doing down there?”

 

“Feeding Byul~” She tore the sachet and held it out to Byul's face. Byul it hungrily. Minha sat on the floor while feeding and caressing Byul.

 

Junmyeon came closer while drying his hair with a small towel. He already changed into his pajamas. “You should ask first before feeding someone's pet.” Minha looked up and beamed at him. He smelled even better after shower.

 

“Sorry. I just wanted to get on Byul's good side. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter