Teaser 2

Spring's Memories (BTOB Ilhoon Fanfiction)

Seoul 2019

"Soeun-ah!" 

Ilhoon called when he saw her back figure, immediately after getting out of the audition room. He smiled widely knowing fully well that she will stop on her tracks upon hearing his voice. 

Nevertheless, Jang Soeun didn't stop walking. Hearing his voice, she forced her legs to walk faster so she could escape from him. 

"Yah, Soeun-ah! Wait up!" 

Him calling her again one last made her stop. When she felt his hand circling her arm, she turned around abruptly, catching his by surprise. 

"What are you doing here?" She asked menacingly, without any preamble. If earlier, he was smiling widely, this time, his reaction was replaced with a slightly confused one, nevertheless he was smiling so little towards her. 

"What do you mean–"

"Why are you here? What are you doing? Are you trying to get me home again?" Every word is being dragged by menace and obvious hatred as she glared at him. 

"What's so wrong with wanting to work with you?" He argued, a frown evident on his face this time. 

"Stop whatever you're trying to do, Ilhoon," she hissed. "I'm not going back to that house anymore. So you better stop this craziness." 

"But Soeun–"

"I mean it. I Dont want you lurking near me, or else I won't think twice calling the police and sue you for stalking me."

With those words, Jang Soeun left him alone for the second time around. 

--

Autumn, 2013

"What's your problem?" 

Silence. 

"I asked what's your problem?!" 

"There's none! Okay? I don't have any problem!" She shouted back, glaring at the guy who had his no amused face who was staring at her hard. 

Ilhoon scoffed. 

"You don't have a problem but you won't come home, yeah, tell that to a toddler." 

His mockery caused her eyes to sting but she forced herself to focus on what she's doing. 

"Go home."

"I don't want to." She answered firmly almost immediately. 

"And you're telling me you don't have a problem. That's way too classic, Jang Soeun–"

"That!" She stopped him midway. Ilhoon arched one brow at her. 

"Oh so now it's that–"

"I'm Jang Soeun!" She looked at him, again, eyes hurt. "I'm not Jung Soeun. I'm neither your older or your younger sister. Heck I can't even be your twin! We don't look the same, or resemble any features. Dont you get it? We can't be family, I'm not family!"

"But we've been together since forever! Stop being ridiculous! We are family"

"I don't want to be family!" She screamed, tears finally streaming down her pale face. 

She stood up from washing the dishes then wiped harshly on her tears after removing her gloves. 

"I don't want to be your sister," she whined. "I don't want to have anything to do with the Jung's! I want my parents back!" She stomped her feet frustratingly as she covered her face using both hands. 

Ilhoon's heart clenched witnessing how she broke down, crashing on her knees as she cried her eyes out, her hands balled into fists. 

But what could he do? He can't possibly tell her false hopes, right? 

At that time, the BBQ House owner flipped the curtains, calling for his part time worker. 

"Soeun-ah, hasten your work a little, the store's a little packed–woah!" He frowned when he saw her looking at him with tear streaked face, shocked evident on her features. 

"What happened?" He looked at him accusingly, the younger equally surprised as the girl. "Is this jerk giving you a hard time?" 

He was ready to aim a punch at Ilhoon if not only for Soeun's voice stopping him. 

"N-no! He's my brother!"

Mr. Cho ogled at the girl in front and at the guy at the side of the door, exchanging looks between the two. 

The two know that the old man was trying to look for any resemblance at the two but failed, so feeling embarrassed, Soeun forced herself to speak up. 

"W-we just had a fight. He was convincing me to go home for Christmas. Yeah, that sort," she smiled and a single tear rolled down her cheek. "D-dont worry. I'll hasten my work here, it'll be done after a few minutes of rinsing." 

"Uh, yeah. Sure. So I'll be going then."

Silence enveloped the two after the owner's departure. The tension was heavy and neither chose to break the silence on the air. 

After a long while, Soeun finally decided to break the ice. Staring blankly ahead.

"See that?" She scoffed lightly, "telling people we're siblings confuses them. Lat's stop this madness now." She chuckled mirthless. 

She wasn't crying now but her eyes still held pain in them. This is what the guy noticed upon raising his gaze at her the moment he heard her spoke. 

"Sure. Do want you want to do, I'll let you for now. But remember this, I'll bring you back home someday."

With those words, Jung Ilhoon let his sister let go of the bond they share.

Minutes after he was gone and another lone tear escaped her eyes. 

"I'm sorry."

-🎧-