A Birthday's Tale

A Birthday's Tale

 

 

It is a calm morning in Seoul, and today is Chaeyeon's special day, but she wasn't very excited, all because of the issue their group is facing. They were put on an indefinite hiatus, which led to members taking their time off and going home to their families. 

This would be the first time since becoming a group member that she would party at home.

She woke up early, took a shower and sat at the table to have breakfast with her parents and Chaemin, her other sister — Chaeryeong, as much as she wanted to see the latter. She was on tour with her group.

"Mom! Dad! I'm going to visit the fancafes, and banners they made for me in the subway, alright?" Chaeyeon says as she munch on the breakfast her mother had made.

"Alright, sweetie .. just don't forget to avoid the paparazzis, right? They'll surround you like vultures" answered Papa Lee, who peeks at her through the morning newspaper.

"I can take care of myself, dad! I'll be back soon, okay?"

Chaeyeon once again muses as she took the last bite off of her breakfast.

"Take your time, love, don't worry! You can come back late"  Mama Lee said to her from the kitchen.

Chaeyeon was surprised by her mother's behavior, but didn't mind too much at the time. She left a kiss on each one then dresses herself in a way that will hide her identity, and left the house.

 

There were so many places for her to visit that she eventually got lost. 

The wizones had won several polls, and hundreds of announcements about her birthday that were spread all over the city— she made a point of visiting each one and leaving affectionate message on each add she sees. But, besides wanting to return the love of fans, she wanted to spend as much time away from home as possible.

Knowing that she would not personally receive greetings from each member and that she would not have her birthday vlive somehow bothered her a lot; she needed to distract herself from the immense longing she was feeling for her members.

 

The day passes like wind and, night came like a flash. Finally Chaeyeon returned home. 

She tried to ring the doorbell for more than a minute but no one answered and eventually, she opened the door herself, only to be greeted by a big surprise. 

The house was all decorated with balloons, posters and banners, and her beloved sister Chaeryeong was waiting there and with her— all the members of ITZY.

"Ryeongie?? Why are you here?? And your tour ??" Chaeyeon said while she hugs Chaeryeong— so tight that left the younger breathless.

"We had a little gap in our calendar, and Chaeryeong wanted to come give you a hug that we took that opportunity to come along with her"  Yeji replied, as she gave Chaeyeon an warm eye smile.

 

When Chaeyeon broke from her sister's hug, she looked toward her room and had the biggest and unexpected surprise she could have ever wished for, all the members of IZONE were inside— waiting for her.

Eunbi and Sakura were holding a big beautiful cake with her name on it. As she took her time to process everything she suddenly bursts into tears and went to hug each of her friends.

 

"How did you get here? And about the curfew because of our hiatus?"

"Unnie," Wonyoung interupted. With her eyes a bit teary as she envelops Chaeyeon in a hug. "Our manager just told Eunbi unnie that we will be promoting again !!"

Yena bursts— as she tries to calm herself down.

"REALLY????" The dancer interupted with a smile forming on her cute fluffy face.

"Yes, yes!" Yena continued. "We were allowed to come here… we’ll broadcast your birthday vlive right here and announce the date of our comeback!"

 

Those words filled Chaeyeon's heart with joy and relief. It was the best birthday of her life.

She received the greatest gift she could ever have; being surrounded by her family and friends, the people in the world that she loves the most.