End

Forgive me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Grandma!” I squealed as I ran to tackle my grandmother in a bear hug. I couldn’t help but smother her in kisses. I haven’t seen her in 4 years and I really missed her. 

 

“I miss you so much” I said with a pout, not letting her escape from my hug. 

 

“Do you miss me or my cooking?” She asked with suspicion. I just let out a sheepish smile which made her chuckle wholeheartedly. 

 

“So where’s your boyfriend? I haven’t seen him in ages either!” My grandmother complained. I stiffened and my excited smile was completely wiped off from my face. 

 

I didn’t know how to tell her that we had broken up and that we did 4 years ago, just before I left Seoul to study in London. My grandmother loved my boyfriend, the news of our breakup would definitely upset her. 

 

I was wracking my brain to think of an excuse to give my grandmother when suddenly, a warm hand enveloped mine. I looked up and my eyes widened. 

 

“Hi grandma!” 

 

“Jongin! Come and give grandma a hug” I watched as my grandmother enveloped my ex-boyfriend into a hug. They pulled away and my grandmother pinched his cheeks, something she always did to him. 

 

“You’ve gotten so handsome in the time grandma didn’t see you” my grandmother continued, still gushing over Jongin. He rubbed his nape as a blush crept up his cheeks, he was never good at accepting compliments. 

 

I zoned out for some time when I realised that my grandmother was looking at me expectantly, while Jongin was completely avoiding my eyes.

 

“Sorry what did you say grandma?” I questioned.

 

“When are you guys going to get married? Grandma isn’t getting any younger, I want to play with my great grand-children as soon as possible!” She asked teasingly with a suggestive smile.

 

“Grandma!” I cried, utterly embarrassed. 

 

“Ok fine! Grandma is hungry. I’ll talk to you guys later, let me get some food first!” With that, she left the 2 of us in the living room and went to join the rest of the guests in the backyard. 

 

As soon as my grandmother was out of sight, I let go of Jongin’s hand immediately. I mumbled a quick thank you, and slowly shuffled towards the dining room as well. 

 

“Can we talk in private?” I froze. I really didn’t want to be alone with him. But since he had helped me in front of my grandmother, I guess I owed him.

 

“Sure.”

 

We walked up the stairs to my room where we could have a more private conversation, away from the prying eyes and ears of my relatives and friends.

 

As soon as I entered my room, I plopped down on my bed, suddenly tired from greeting the numerous guests who attended my ‘welcome home’ party. I took the time to check the messages on my phone while Jongin looked around my room a little. 

 

Once I replied to the final message, I locked my phone and chucked it to the other side of my bed. I noticed that Jongin was idling in front of my photo wall. 

 

My eyes widened in realisation. I hadn’t taken off our couple pictures, and there were quite a few of them. I jumped off the bed and rushed to pull our photos off the wall. 

 

“Oops! I didn’t clean my room before I left for London and I haven’t had time to clean since I came back either since i’ve been busy catching up with my friends” I said sheepishly as I chucked our pictures into my drawer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter