Final

I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina's pov


Before we start, let me introduce myself. My name is Myoui Mina. I'm a student in JYP's school since a few years ago and I'm currently majoring in act. It's an all girls school but there is also an all boys school too, though that school is far from mine. The school was built to produce talented people in arts and I'm glad to be a part of it. Whenever it is a weekdays it will be a torture for me to be in school. And it's not because of haters or bullies but it's because of someone who literally appears in your life out of nowhere and always be there for you when you need someone. Of course I couldn't hate her since she is a part of our friends now. 


I could say the reason we became friends is mainly because of her dorkiness that she inherited from nowhere, I don't know, and my friends eventually became fond of her. She made a lot of friends in the school or outside of it because of that and I'm not gonna lie, I kinda envy of her sociable sides. Even though she had lots of friend, I've only saw her hanging out with the same people everyday during lunch before we became a friend. And yeap, back then, there will only be three people with her, it was none other than Momo, Tzuyu and Dahyun.


Meanwhile, I'm always accompanied by Nayeon, Sana and Jihyo. Unfortunately for me, three of them gave an idea to combine our group with hers so that we could become best friends in the future. I don't see any special thing in her though since she's annoyed me so much. Her name is Yoo Jeongyeon. The name itself sounds pretty and kind, right? But nooo! Yeah, I admit she's kinda pretty too but kind? Absolutely not too kind! She's a sweet person and I can't deny it, cause she's always helping people who needs help and a smile never fades from her lips as long as I've known her.


She's a normal person like others but not on one thing for godsake! You guys wanna know why? Let me tell you, she's literally attached to me like a freaking leech and say I love you's all the time to me. It's kinda suffocating and pressures me, you know? If you guys won't believe me, then let me prove it to you!


End of pov


.

 
.

 

8.00 a.m.


Mina is walking down the hallway all by herself, stack of books are full in her hands when suddenly there's someone who has startled her from behind which makes her dropped the books onto the floor.


"Yow Mina!"


"Oh god! Yaa Yoo Jeongyeon! Don't you have anything better to do?" she bents down to pick up the books that had fallen on the ground.


Jeongyeon in the meantime placed her index finger on her chin, as if she was thinking whether she had anything better to do but nothing comes to her mind.


"Don't you act like you were thinking about something" Mina rolled her eyes.


"Hehe, you caught me" Jeongyeon can't help but giggling like an idiot in Mina's eyes.


"Typical you"


"Emm Mina, I'm here because I wanted to tell that I lov–"


"I know Jeongyeon. How many times do you want to tell me that? Why won't you tell that to Nayeon or Jihyo now?"


"Why would I tell 'I love you' to them when I'm in love with you?"


"Urghh, until when are you gonna say these words to me?"


"Uhmm, until you become soft towards me?" Jeongyeon grinned like an idiot.


"I can be soft towards you but this is not the right way. You know I had my own crush so why do you still disturb me?"


"You're not hers yet, who knows maybe one day you would be mine? My dad told me not to give up on someone or something that you loves"


"I won't love you! I'm gonna confess to Chaeyoung and be hers"


"Are you sure she will accept you as a girlfriend?" Jeongyeon was wriggling her eyebrows.


"Yes! I'm confident about it"


"Uh huh, I like confident Mina. Then, let's make a bet. If she accepts you as her girlfriend, I will let you go willingly. And if she's not, then I would give you time to think about my proposal. If you're still rejecting me, then I'll move on since there's lots of girl waiting for me to be theirs"


"Why would I accept your nonsense conditions?"


"Or else I'll keep disturbing you and you must not enjoyed it. Besides, you're confident she will accept you right? So why not?"


"F-fine! I accept our bet!"


"I wanna add something. As long as you haven't confess to her, I'll tease you as much as I want but I'll say less 'I love you' to you."


"Whatever" Mina walked away from there and left her alone although they will be in the same class later.

 

"I'll try my best in pursuing you Mina, that's my promise" Jeongyeon whispered to herself once Mina took a left corner to go to their classroom.


.

 

.

 

.


It's a miracle for all of them to be in the same class for all the subjects. They believed that they're fated to be each other's friends since then, and decided to sit in a few small groups even in the class. Mina was literally sitting on the far left in the front while Jeongyeon on the far right in the back of class. Jeongyeon as always took a glance towards Mina's side since she loves to see Mina's calm face. She looks ethereal in Jeongyeon's eyes, so just by seeing her face makes her feels all tingly inside her stomach.


Jeongyeon didn't know since when did she loved Mina but for sure the feelings came after they combined and be in the same group. She's not falling in love because of her face, but because of her heart. There is something different about Mina that makes her so attractive and even Jeongyeon, the most chic girl in the school fell for her. The moment Jeongyeon knew about her own feelings, she wants to make Mina as hers as soon as possible as she tried various ways to make Mina loves her too. 


It's not easy as she expected it would be. She knows Mina loves Chaeyoung right after she accidentally blurted out her name when all of them were hanging out. Jeongyeon then asked those people who are closed to Mina about her secret and they're so supportive in helping her to get Mina. Sana, Mina's childhood friend told everything that she knows about Mina to Jeongyeon. She gladly memorize all of the details even it's not that important and made sure she does not exceed the boundaries in teasing Mina.


Jeongyeon had read various of love book's tips in tackle someone's heart. A few books did contain to say 'I love you' continuously to your said crush in order to melt her heart since that person knows that we love her. It did say most of them will get irritated by the gesture but they'll become soft towards us in the meantime. And Jeongyeon made sure to use it for a good use.


As Jeongyeon is so immersed in staring at Mina, she has been thinking a few ways to pursue Mina. The teacher at the front who accidentally saw Jeongyeon did not pay attention in her class throw a chalk at her and it hit directly on her head.


"Ouch!" she shouted, making everybody look over her including Mina.


"Would you mind to share about your thoughts Ms. Jeongyeon?"


"O-oh, I'm sorry ma'am! I'll focus in your class from now on! Please forgive me!" Jeongyeon stand up from her chair as she bowed deeply to her teacher and fortunately she forgave her.


"Write down these notes that I gave you."


"Nae~" Jeongyeon with a shame look on her face scratching on her nape.


.


.


.


2 hours went by a lot faster than she thought. Jeongyeon scribbled down all the notes in her notebook and focus on her teacher more. Before the class ended, their teacher wanted to give them an announcement so everyone pay attention to her more.


"In three weeks, our school will hold a musical theatre and the principal would like to see you guys participated in this event. All of you will participate, we need eight of you to act, the others will become helpers or arrange the setting for the stage. Now, each of you need to take one of the rolled paper in this jar. I'll distribute the script to our cast soon.


Jeongyeon's pov


This thing obviously took a longer time than it should be since some of them dawdled in to cast the ballot. I let all of them took the ballot first since it's just my habit to let them have the opportunity first. I walked to the teacher's desk, looking into the jar and saw only one ballot left in it. I took it slowly and walked back to my desk.


"Alright, you guys can take a look at your paper. For those who got a character, come meet me in my office during lunch time. That's all" she said and walked out from our class.


I rolled the small paper in my hands and saw the first letter of the word. 'P'. I scrunched my nose and rolled off the rest of it and saw the word clearly with my eyes. But I didn't believe it so I rubbed my eyes a little bit harder till it became teary. No way.


'Prince' 


I will play a role as a prince? Oh god, why me? I almost feel like I wanna cry loudly when I heard all of my friends got a role too. And I heard Nayeon asked in the class who became the prince? Nobody raised their hands including me. I was so ashamed to confess the truth and believes Nayeon is my partner for the musical theatre.


'It's better her than anybody else.' I thought and defeatedly raised my right hand without talking.


"Heol" I heard she gasped and my classmates started to gossip and praise me for getting the role.


"You're Mina's partner!!! How in the world did this happen?" Nayeon said and I looked at her confusely.


"I-isn't it you? You're kidding, right?" I said and she shook her head.


"It's not me, but her" Nayeon pointed her finger to Mina.


I diverted my eyes to Mina and saw her face doesn't really like this unplanned pair. I let out a loud sigh when I'm seeing her face, she's clearly doesn't like me. I guess I way too much, huh? Maybe I should stop teasing her for real now. I walked to her desk and kneel down in front of her desk so I could talk privately with her.


"Let's do this. I will work on this seriously and not tease you during this project. So please, don't make that face. It's not that I have any other choice too since I was the last one to pick the ballot. If you want, I'll change the role with someone else" I said as I slowly getting up, looking for someone who is suitable for her.


"No, it's okay. I'll be your partner for this time" she said, though she faces the window as to not look at me.

 

I let out a big sigh upon seeing her reaction.

 

'Her face clearly shown how disappointed she is to be my partner.'


"Are you sure? I don't want you to feel uncomfortable later"


"Hmm" she hummed as a yes so I followed her words.


During lunchtime, all of my friends, including me went to Mrs. Choi's office before we had a lunch. We knocked on her door three times before Nayeon twisted the doorknob to get inside. Mrs. Choi instantly smile at us as she saw the cast for her musical theatre later.


"You all are best friends, right? I bet it wouldn't be a problem to see a good teamwork between all of you"

 

"Nae, Mrs. Choi. We'll try our best to make this musical theatre a big success." Jihyo said while all of us nodding our head repeatedly.


"That's good! That's what I want to hear from you guys. Here, this is a script for each of you. May I know who is the prince and the princess?"


"That will be us." I said as I pointed at Mina as well.


"I think both of you need to practice together more often. All of you can use the practice room to practice your dialogue together. I already got the principal's permission to use it since there's lot of scene that need both of you together on the stage. I'll look forward to it Ms. Jeongyeon and Ms. Mina"


"Nae" both of us said at the same time.


End of pov


.


.


Saturday


1.00 p.m.


A week has passed since they started practicing individually. They kept on practicing together as they want to hear the critism from each other's. It helps them to grow better, Nayeon said. Jeongyeon is laying on her bed as she read her solo part for the stage seriously. She doesn't want to disappoint Mina from her childish attitude. The day they got the script, Jeongyeon dared herself to ask for Mina's phone number as it will be easy for her to contact Mina whenever they wanted to practice together. Luckily, they got to exchange number with each other's at the end. As she had memorized her solo part dialogue confidently, it is finally the part where they have to practice together. Her hands was busy scrolling the contacts in her phone until it reach Mina's name. She was contemplating whether to give her a call or not.


'Should I just texting her?' she thought when suddenly her phone was vibrating in her hand. The caller ID is clearly visible on the screen of her mobile phone.


'Mina ♥️'


Upon seeing the lovely name popped up on her screen, her heart is beating erratically right now. Jeongyeon, with trembling hand tapped the green button to pick up her call.


"H-hello?" Jeongyeon talked first.


"Hello, is this Jeongyeon's number?"


"Yea Mina. It's me. W-why do you call me?"


"Oh, hey Jeongyeon. Are you busy? I thought of inviting you at my house to practice together. Or should I come over your house?"


"N-noo, I'm not busy. It's okay Mina. Let me go to your house. Who knows, maybe we will practice till late night? I can't make you take a cab alone if it turns out so. Send me the address later"


"Okay, see you soon"


"Nae~"


Around 30 minutes later, Mina heard someone rang the doorbell and rushed to her front door. She unlocked all of the locks there and twisted her doorknob before she opened the door widely. 


"Hey" Jeongyeon said, feeling all shy when she's around Mina and Mina never seen this side of her. She had only seen a bold Jeongyeon as far as they have been friends.


"Hey" Mina replied.

 

"I've bought something for you. Here." Jeongyeon handed out a bar of chocolate.

"Chocolate helps you memorize things quickly so I hope this chocolate will help you" she continued.


"Thank you, please come in."


"Okay, no problem" she said as she took off her shoes and arrange it nicely.


Jeongyeon wore the house slippers that have been prepared by Mina, designed of ostrich meanwhile Mina is wearing a penguin's design. She then guided her guest to the living room as she wanted to prepare her some tea with biscuits before they got into the role. Jeongyeon obediently took a seat on the sofa while waiting for Mina patiently as she doesn't know what she needs to do at a stranger's house.


"Sorry if I make you wait for too long" Mina hold up a tray of biscuits and tea.


"No, it's okay. I should be the who says sorry for troubling you to prepare all of these by yourself." Jeongyeon can't help but to scratch her nape gently, feeling somewhat guilty.


"What are you talking about? You're my guest, this is the least I could do" Mina kinda raised her voice upon hearing all that nonsense, a frown was clearly visible on her forehead.

 

"Hey, don't get mad at me. I just don't wanna trouble you. That's all" Jeongyeon grab ahold of Mina's hand, her thumb was caressing hers as she tried to calm her down.

 

Jeongyeon succeeded in making her calm as Mina took a deep breath and a small smile appeared on her lips. Mina's eyes eventually darted to Jeongyeon's hands that were still on hers, she used her left hand to let go of Jeongyeon's soft grips on hers. Jeongyeon isn't dumb, she's definitely noticed Mina's discomfort because of her and decided to play dumb by looking away from Mina. Mina's gesture did hurting her, but what can she do? Nothing.

 

"Well, do you want to practice here or in my room?" Mina tried to change the topic due to awkward moments, she thought Jeongyeon haven't noticed about her discomfort when Jeongyeon touched her earlier but boy, she's wrong. Jeongyeon always noticed every little thing about her.


"Y-your room?" Jeongyeon's cheeks are slowly heating up and turning pinkish, though she's trying to play it cool in front of Mina.


"Hmm, yes my room. Is there something wrong with it?"


"Here is just fine so let's practice here!" Jeongyeon said, her heart was beating insanely hard just by thought of seeing her crush's bedroom. 


"Okay, if you say so."


Without wasting any more time, they memorized each line perfectly and practiced it together. There are a few words that Jeongyeon had changed to make it awe-inspiring and Mina was listening all along her talk. 


'She looks so serious about this' Mina thought and unknowingly smile at Jeongyeon.


Jeongyeon who is unconcerned about her surrounding at the time didn't notice Mina's smile towards her and still focused on changing the words. A few hours have passed by so quick that it almost reached midnight on her clock. 


"We've finished practice two of our parts. There are still three more parts right?" Jeongyeon asked.


"Yeap, if we kept on practicing, I bet this stage will become memorable"


"Yes, I agree with you. Unfortunately, I need to go home now. See you tomorrow?" Jeongyeon said as she looked at the time on her watch. It stated 11.29 p.m. already.


"See you tomorrow" Mina smiled sweetly at her.


.


Sunday


Jeongyeon is preparing herself with her bag that contained the script, her phone and a small gift for Mina again. She take a look at herself one more time in the mirror as to make sure she will look great in her outfits. Today, they promised each other to meet at Mina's house around 9 a.m. so that they will have lots of time to practice more. She took a cab and arrived a bit late since there was a traffic jammed. Jeongyeon rang the doorbell and was met by cheerful Mina instead of a cold Mina. Maybe she's already warming up to me, Jeongyeon thought. Her heart skip a beat as she got to see Mina's happy face more often now that they're spending more time together.


They kept on practicing, singing and acting while taking a small break from time to time so that they won't forget the dialogues. They managed to finish all three parts in the meantime but having difficulty on doing the very last part. It is a kiss part. And the kiss scene should be on the lips but both of them are feeling awkward right now.


"So, uhh, I think we should ask for Mrs. Choi's permission to change this part"


"I agree... Let's meet her tomorrow."


.


.


.


Mrs. Choi's office


After their class ended, Jeongyeon came with Mina to their teacher's office to have a talk with her. They needed to change the part desperately or else they're in problems since it will ruined their already great chemistry.


"Mrs. Choi, we're here because we have something to talk to you about. It was important" Jeongyeon initiated the conversation first, Mina who stood by her side just nodded. 


"What is it Jeongyeon ah? Mina?" Mrs. Choi is frowning by now, she's thinking about all of the possibilities that might occurred.


"Uhm, we actually want to ask for your permission to change some part. No, I mean, actually there's only one part that we wanted to change" Jeongyeon said, her voice and face clearly shown she was serious at the moment.


"Which part is it, may I know?" 


"A k-kiss part, ma'am. Can't we just do it as a hug or such?" Mina said.


"Then, I think there's no point in doing this musical theater. You know this is a love story, right dear? And our target audience are mainly teenagers and adults" Mrs. Choi look at both of them.


"Then if a hug isn't possible, what if we changed it with a kiss on the forehead?" Jeongyeon suggest, and Mrs. Choi take a consideration about Jeongyeon's suggestion. She thought about it for a long time before she gave out the answer.


"If it's on the forehead, then I would agree with it. It's better and more romantic than a hug." upon hearing that, Jeongyeon and Mina's faces were seen lightning up, they feel like all of the burden on their shoulders were taken away.

 

"Thank you, Mrs. Choi. You're the best!" Jeongyeon playfully said.

 

Both of them then proceeds to practice a few simple scenes in front of Mrs. Choi due to their own request to gain feedback and criticism on what to improve. Mrs. Choi, being a good mentor and coach that she is tells both Mina and Jeongyeon on what they lacked about whether it was their chemistry, facial expressions, body language or even their voices when carrying out the dialogues.


"We got it, ma'am. Once again, thank you for letting us changed the part. We appreciate it so much. Excuse us."


"Alright, don't forget to practice, especially that part cause we only have two weeks left."


"Nae~"


.


.


Both of them went into the practice room first before the others arrived as they need to perfect their acting all together. They practiced in front of the big mirror that was placed inside of the room and everything went well as they had planned. When it was Mina and Jeongyeon's part, everyone was looking forward to watch this scene in front of them especially the kiss scene.


Jeongyeon and Mina were dancing to the beat of the music that was put on the speaker and they sang until Mina twirled around a few times before she is in Jeongyeon's embrace, hands above of her chest. They looked deeply into each other's eyes and Mina could see that Jeongyeon's eyes are not wavering at all. 


'Her eyes are so pretty. Why I have never noticed it before? The color is almost the same as chestnut.' Mina is in a trance as she gulped down the saliva.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter