Will you be mine?

Accidental Valentine [One Shot] Ricky

 

This Valentines day. No, this isn’t a sappy story about me not having a valentine or even being envious of those that do. No, my valentines day I was going to help my brother propose to his dearly beloved.

 

I didn’t mind spending the day doing this because it meant a lot to my brother, and that meant that he owed me a lot later on. As for me, well I did have a crush on a guy. His name was Ricky, and he was a good friend of mine. I know I should be spending my time trying to woo him.

 

Lately, I have come to see that he doesn’t show much of an interest in me other than a friend. So at least for today, I wasn’t going to stress about it.

 

So, today as I was walking out of school I didn’t partake in many conversations. I had lots of work to do.

 

“Yoori!” A familiar voice called. I turned and found Ricky smiling brilliantly at me.

 

“Ah… Ricky, I really need to go can we talk later?” I asked.

 

“In a rush to confess to someone?” He questioned. I could have sworn that I saw his face drop, but I dismissed it as my hopefully imagination.

 

“No, my brother is going to propose to his girlfriend today and I need to set some things up for him,” I informed him shortly.

 

“Ah, I’ll help too!” He insisted. I shrugged.

 

“Araso Kaja… we have to go now… pali,” I urged him. He smiled brightly and ran to catch up with me. If I had the time I would be day dreaming about his wonderful smile, but once again I brushed it off.

 

When we arrived at my house, I quickly grabbed the supplies I had prepared the day before, put it on a mini wagon and rushed Ricky to the park.

 

“So what exactly is your brother doing to propose?” Ricky wondered as we arrived at the park.

 

“Well unnie is a pretty simple lady. He wants to give her a nice romantic picnic,” I told him.

 

“Sounds nice,” Ricky commented. I nodded.

 

“Deh, my brother really loves this girl.” I commented. I pulled out a folded picnic blanket and threw it over in Ricky’s direction. “Lay this out for me please,” I told him. He nodded and I pulled out some lights to put on the surrounding bushes. As I untangled some wires Ricky quickly came back up to me.

 

“Araso I finished. Anything else?” He asked.

 

“Ne can you get some ice so we can ice the wine,” I told him. He nodded. Then it occurred to me. The picnic blanket had to be weighted down.

 

“Ricky-ah,” I called him.

 

“Hmm,” He answered, quickly appearing beside me again.

 

“Did you weigh down the blanket?” I questioned.

 

“Weigh down….,” Ricky started. We both turned to look at where he had previously placed the blanket and found it dancing in the air.

 

“Wahh.. Ricky get it! PALI!” I begged. He nodded running towards the blanket, but along the way he tripped over an ice cooler I had brought. I groaned and dropped the lights I was trying to untangle. I ran as quick as I could and miraculously was able to catch up with the blanket.

 

“Phew… that was close,” I breathed placing the blanket where it was intended to be and put balloon weights on all the corners of the blanket.

 

Note to self: Pick up balloons after picking up dinner.

 

“Sorry Yoori… I should have thought that through,” He apologized. I smiled lightly at him and waved it off.

 

“Don’t worry about it. Can you go buy some ice for me,” I asked. He nodded and I was able to untangle the lights while he was gone. I started organizing the lights in to the bushes and Ricky reappeared.

 

“I’m back I’m back!” He cheered. I waved at him and as he tried to wave back he dropped a bag of ice causing it to rip and having the ice fall to the ground. He held up the remaining closed bag embarrassedly.

 

Aish… I thought.

 

“Um… Let me just put this ice in the cooler,” I grabbed it from him, scared he was going to drop it.

 

“I’m sorry. I’ll go get another bag on me.” He assured me. I shook my head hurriedly.

 

“No… just plug the lights in while I go get it,” I commanded. He nodded like an apologetically doggie. I felt bad, but I had a mission and my brother’s proposal was going to be perfect.

 

When I came back I found Ricky struggling trying to untangle some lights. I sighed heavily and walked over to the water cooler dejectedly. I quickly sat down on the picnic blanket and sighed.

 

So much for perfect. I had to re-detangle the lights and rearrange them. I had to go get the balloons, the food, and arrange their eating area. I only had half an hour left and it was becoming clear that Ricky wasn’t going to be much help.

 

“I’m so sorry noona I will fix this! I was just trying to straighten out one strand, but I can organize it again!” Ricky exclaimed. I sighed and shook my head.

 

“Just forget about it Ricky… I’m going to call my brother and tell him I couldn’t do it. Don’t worry I’ll take the blame,” I muttered looking down at my feet. Then Ricky appeared next to me again.

 

“Don’t give up noona we can still do this!” Ricky assured me. I sighed.

 

“Everyone has their dates… how are we ever going to get extra help,” I questioned. He grinned and walked off. I watched him talk to some one and before I knew it all of Teen Top stood before me.

 

“Alrighty Yoori tell us what you need,” Niel spoke for everyone.

 

“CAP and Niel can you go get the balloons?” I asked. They nodded and left quickly.

 

“Changjo I trust you to set the plates,” I told him. He saluted me and went to go get the plates.

 

“Chunji and L.joe please go pick up the food for me.” I asked them. They also went quickly after I gave them all the information. Then I turned to Ricky.

 

“We… well I am going to untangle the lights while you watch,” I told him. He rubbed the back of his neck but nodded cheerfully.

 

“Araso....” He replied.

 

As I reorganized the lights Ricky and I got to talking.

 

“Yoori are you mad at me?” He asked. I shook my head.

 

“Nah…I can’t be mad at you…I was just a little discouraged.” I told him. He nodded.

 

“Yeah… I guess I did more ruining than helping,” He murmured. I smiled over in his direction.

 

“I should thank you though… with out you we wouldn’t be so close to finishing. How did you get the guys here anyways” I said. He smiled at me and I could have sworn I saw a blush.

 

“Well… I promised that I would be their helper for a month,” He answered. My eyes widened.

 

“Oh… well thank you so much,” I thanked him.

 

“You are welcome,” He said. We chuckled but then I wondered.

 

“Ricky… why are you helping me anyways? Isn’t there a girl that you are interested?” I wondered. He nodded.

 

“Look… umm we’ll talk about it later,” He avoided. I assume I was just being too nosy. So, I just nodded and continued what we were doing. We were able to finish everything in a nick of time. I saw my brother coming and me and the guys quickly ran for it. When we were out of ear shot I turned to thank them.

 

“Thank you guys for everything… this meant a lot to me,” I thanked them.

 

“Ah… don’t worry,” Niel answered.

 

“You’re cleaning the bathroom tomorrow Ricky,” Chunji commented. Ricky sighed.

 

“Araso.” I waved at Teen Top leaving and I was alone with Ricky.

 

“Thanks for everything Ricky… really… thank you,” I hugged him. I felt him stiffen and then relax.

 

“You are welcome.” He replied. I watched my brother’s date go smoothly and then all the sudden Ricky sat in front of me.

 

“What’s wrong?” I wondered. He played with  his fingers and then gazed at me intently.

 

“Yoori… remember when you asked about the girl I wanted to be my valentine?” Ricky questioned. I nodded. “Well…. I want you to be my valentine. I know I made your day really hard, but I’ve been waiting to confess to you all day,” Ricky stated handing me a partly melted piece of chocolate in the shape of a heart. I couldn’t help but laugh.

 

Ricky was so incredibly cute. The whole thing was so ironic. I thought he didn’t care about me and the one day I tried not to focus on him he confessed. It was just… surprisingly nice.

 

“Ne… Ricky… I will be your valentine,” I told him, taking the melted chocolate and kissing his cheeks.

 

That night there was a happy ending for all of us.


Happy Valentines day... XP i'm forever alone so yeah... >.> it's just another day for me. Still I felt i owed the day a one shot ^^; thanks for reading!