Sprite Run: Lap 2

Drawn To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbi was currently at work at the café and was given the task of writing today's specials on the small chalkboard, but she just couldn't focus at all.

 

It had been three days since Sakura ran away from home and also three days since...that kiss.

 

'Where did she learn how to kiss like that...?'

 

It had been so long since anyone had touched her and so Eunbi would often get hot and bothered replaying that scene in her head over and over. Sakura's eyes that were hazy from desire, her gentle touch, the taste of cherry lip gloss on her soft lips—

 

She shook her head to try and dispel these naughty thoughts from her head, but to no avail. She was at work goddammit, she shouldn't be acting like this or else she wasn't going to get the coin for more Sprite. She continued to scribble, but no matter how hard she tried, her thoughts still drifted back to Sakura.

 

From one kiss, Eunbi felt that Sakura had tried to tell her at that moment that she wanted to be there for her, to rely on her instead of Sprite. Believe it or not, Eunbi had no idea Sakura felt that way about her. She would always tease Sakura around at home but it was just in her flirty nature to do so. Her thoughts were just as jumbled as her feelings.

 

Her manager, Kaeun interrupts her stream of consciousness, "Hey Kwon, you done with that sign yet?"

 

Startled, Eunbi looked up and answered automatically without thinking, "U-uh yeah sure, here you go," and handed the chalkboard sign over to her.

 

Kaeun took one look at the sign and raised one eyebrow in amusement. These DEFINITELY weren't today's specials.

 

"Kwon, any chance you have a little crush on someone named Sakura?"

 

"PFFFFFFFFFFT."

 

Eunbi, who had been taking a sip of Sprite, suddenly spit it all out and started coughing as soon as she heard that. She looked up to see her manager looking so smug holding up the chalkboard that said "Sakura" in some rather pretty calligraphy, surrounded by a bunch of doodles of hearts and cherry blossoms.

 

Her face flushed red with embarrassment, Eunbi took the board and started erasing it furiously as she laughed nervously, "AHA that's...that's nothing! Ahahahaha what kinda punk put that there? I don't even know a—what's a Sakura anyways? I'll get this fixed right away!"

 

Kaeun left her with a smirk on her face. It was a rare sight to behold: her calm and composed employee, Kwon Eunbi, being a sputtering mess. She would have to thank this "Sakura" person, whoever they are, they just made Kaeun's day by having such an effect on Eunbi.

 

.....

 

"Pikaaaa!!"

 

Sakura was lying on a couch, yellow 3DS in hand as she played Pokémon and sent out her Pikachu in battle. She was currently on her 17th battle in a row in the Battle Maison and had the look of boredom on her pretty face. She missed her Switch, but she sadly forgot it back home. She was currently at her friend Chaeyeon's apartment, but she knew she couldn't stay here long as it only had one bedroom but Sakura insisted she take the couch even as a guest.

 

Sakura was doing the most to focus her thoughts on anything other than her roommate. Her roommate that she had incredibly strong feelings for. It's only been a few days, but Sakura couldn't help but feel empty without her, like one of Eunbi's many empty Sprite cans.

 

She shook her head.

 

No.

 

She couldn't be with her. Eunbi would never feel the same. Plus, she deserved so much better than her, a gamer nerd who only worked part-time at a convenience store. She was way out of her league.

 

Sakura checked her wallet. Tsk. She was running low on money but it couldn't be helped. She had to take a trip to the grocery store for food and stuff. Chaeyeon herself didn't have much here to be honest. She shut her 3DS off, told Chaeyeon where she was going and left.

 

.....

 

Eunbi just got out from work and was waiting for the bus. She felt so conflicted. She wanted to give Sakura some space for both of them to sort out their feelings but at the same time wanted to confront her about them. She was also worried about Sakura, as she had left almost all her belongings back at their place. But even if she were to try and look for her, she wouldn't know where to start. She could be anywhere by now. All Eunbi knew was that she missed her. Oh, how she wanted her to hold her again like she did on her Sprite nights, only now she also wished that she would stay with her so she could look at her pretty face in the morning.

 

Tired after a long day at work, Eunbi pulled out her phone and checked her Inst

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter