chapter 1

they said we have beef

“Look at this one.” Daehyun scooted over to give room for Youngjae to sit beside him on the built-in sofa seating in the cafe.

“Of course Youngjae hurt Daehyun, My baby Dae wouldn’t even hurt a fly.” Youngjae scrunched his nose in disgust after reading the tweet out loud. “I’m not sure which one irks me more, the fact that your obsessive fans think you’re such an angel or that to them, by default, I’m the bad guy.” Youngjae reached over to the far side of the round wooden table to grab his to go cup of coffee from where he sat just a minute ago.

Daehyun took a sip from his own coffee with a shrug. “Maybe it is true.” Youngjae almost missed the older male raising his eyebrows playfully from how low he was wearing his black cap.

“What do you mean?”

“There’s a few tweets I’ve read that says to never trust an Aquarius.” Daehyun pressed both his palms on his head to reposition the cap so it fits snugly.

“Thanks.” The younger said sarcastically with a roll of his eyes for extra drama. “You’re just a sensitive Cancer.” Now it’s Daehyun’s turn to feel offended.

“Says the biggest cry baby.” He said while continuing to scroll through Twitter. “This one thinks we aren’t even fighting and a ton of them agree.” Daehyun shoves his phone in Youngjae’s view, not giving an opportunity for the other to respond to his previous comment.

“Just because they don’t hang out with each other anymore doesn’t mean they aren’t friends.” Youngjae read one of the replies to the tweet. He looked at the other before the both of them burst into laughter. “Matbe they just need to take a break from each other, that’s all.” Youngjae read another reply in between chuckles.

“They really got it all wrong, huh?” Daehyun paused to look at Youngjae with a small smile as he swept the bangs that were starting to poke the younger’s eyes. “You should really get a haircut. You’re starting to look like a poodle.”

“I thought you like poodles?” The younger took the other’s hand and held it on his lap, a pout evident on his lips. “You even have one at home.”

Daehyun let out a laugh as he fixed the younger’s orange hoodie, making sure it was covering the neck because he knows that the other gets cold easily. “Ganji’s a bichon frise, you moron.”

“Whatever. I don’t have time to memorise all the different types of breeds.” He put the orange hood over his head before putting his white denim jacket on. “Can we go now?”

“Of course.” Daehyun wore his leather jacket over his black sweater and threw his and Youngjae’s empty cups in the trash can located beside the door that says “Strabucks” in green. “Let’s go.”

“Why is it so warm in here?” Youngjae took his jacket off and hung it on the coat rack by the door. “Did you leave the heater on?” He looked back at Daehyun who was taking his shoes off to see a shocked expression on the other.

“Oh .” Daehyun kicked his shoes off and ran towards the living room and went in straight to the couch with a relieved exhale and switched on the tv. Youngjae walked up to him with a confused look on his face before realising that the other did it on purpose.

He gingerly sat on the small space left on the couch beside Daehyun’s legs. “You do know that leaving the heater on will take on toll on your electricity bill, right?”

“But the last time you came her you complained about how cold it was.” The owner of the apartment said nonchalantly, eyes not leaving the tv, still trying to pick a channel. Youngjae suddenly laid beside him which completely blocked his view but he could smell the younger’s shampoo from this position, so he opted not to say anything and wrapped his hand around him. “So is it warm enough?”

Youngjae struggle a little bit but he eventually managed to turn his body to face Daehyun. He inched closer and pressed his lips against the other’s. “I love you.”


Initially, I wanted to write a pwp one shot but then it turned out fluffy so we’ll get to the y stuff in the next chapter 😉