Chapter 1

Getting Rid of The Ghost with Monolid Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene's POV

My life is so pathethic. I want to die already. I felt like there's no reason for me to live. Loneliness and depression were killing me every single day. My parents died in an accident two years ago and now I'm all alone in this cruel world. I tried to find someone for me but I can't. And so today, I've decided that I will kill myself. I took a handful of sleeping pills and drank all of it hoping that I will die. Soon everything went black.

Beep......Beep.......Beep.......Beep......

I woke up in the sound of the respiratory machine. ", don't tell me I'm still alive." I gently opened my eyes and saw my friend Wendy and wait there's someone behind her as well. She got this pretty monolid eyes, perfect nose and kissable lips but her skin looked very pale . Is she her girlfriend? 

"Irene? Oh my God.." I tried to sit down and then Wendy just stood up and smacked my head.

"Are you freaking crazy? Why would you do that huh?" 

"Yah Wen---" I wasn't able to continue my sentence cause she started crying.

"Tch, crying in front of your girlfriend. She might think you're in love with me?"

"mwo? In front of my what? What are you saying?" She confusedly asked. 

And this girlfriend of hers started making signs like saying stop it and be quiet. 

"Are we really doing it Wendy? Look beside you-------" Wendy looked at where I'm pointing and then the girl disappeared all of a sudden. "What the hell? Am I dreaming? How is that even possible?

"What the hell is happening to you Irene? Aisssh you're driving me insane. You know what I'll just buy some food outside since you're awake."

"But Wendy, I swea----" Then she hand signalled me to stop.

"Just stop Irene. Please." Then she walked out of my room. 

"What the hell? Who is that girl?" I sighed and got strartled when I saw the girl again but this time she's sitting beside me.

"How on earth?" and then she hugged me out of nowhere. Grrrr She's cold. I quickly pushed her away and then she pouted. 

"Yah, tell me if you're not Wendy's girlfriend then who are you? And how come she didn't see you? And how did you manage to appear and disappear?"

"I'm so glad you can see me." She said. Wow her voice was like a voice of an angel. 

"You're not answering my question girl."

"Oh that. I can't tell you my name right now but I assure you I'm a good ghost?"

"A good what?"

"A good ghost." She said while smiling.

"Ghost?" And then I chuckled. "Ghost aren't real."

"Then answer your question. Why didn't your friend see me earlier and why can I appear and disappear in front of your face." 

And then that got me thinking. "Tell me Irene---"

"How did you know that my name is Irene?"

"Duh I heard it from your friend. She looks really pretty but not as pretty as you." 

I chuckled again. "A smooth talker ghost, Great."

"Aren't you afraid of me? Some people will be hysterically screaming right now?"

Why would I be afraid if you look like an angel? I told myself. "Cause I'm not afraid. What would you want me to tell you earlier?"

"Oh yeah..yeah... Tell me, why do you want to die?"

"Cause I want to. Now can you leave me alone?"

Then she smiled again. "I will only leave if you'll fulfill my wishes." 

"And what makes you think that I will fulfill your wishes?" I annoyingly said.

"Because you said you wanted me leave you alone and the only way to get rid of me is to fulfill my wishes. Besides you're the only one that can see me and so nobody would be able to help me."

Aissshhh why can't I just die. my life. "No. I won't do it. I will just kill myself again."

Then she smiled again. Ugghhh her smile is so annoying. "As if I'm gonna let that happen. You won't die as long as I am here. Your friend is coming so don't act stupid in front of her. Nobody will believe you that you're seeing a ghost."

"It's Wendy, we are talking about here Ms. Ghost whoever. She'll believe in me."

"Are you talking to someone Irene?" She asked. I heard you talking and sounded like you're very upset. 

"Ugghhh I'm really upset." Looking at the ghost that is standing next to Wendy now. Then Wendy looked at where I'm looking out.

"Okay Irene. You're freaking me out now. You keep on looking beside me as if there is someone standing next to me."

"Cause there is."

"What? Are you for real?"

"You know me Wendy. I have never ever lied to you." Then she kept on nodding nervously. "There is one girl standing next  to you. She's really pret----." I shaked my head. "I mean she got monolid eyes. Taller than you and smiling like an idiot now."

"Omooo, what should I do? Shoud I greet her?" Then she faced the ghost and bowed her head. "Anyong haseyo." 

And surprisingly this ghost have manners too and bowed down her head too. Oh my freaking Lord, have mercy on me. I think I'm gonna lose my mind right here and right now.

"What's her name Irene?"

"I don't know. She said she can't tell me."

"Alright Ms. Ghost with monolid eyes. Please don't show your self to me. Please I'm begging you."

"She said you don't have to worry Wendy cause it's only me that could see her. She also said, nice meeting you. You have a very good soul. She was really surprised I'm friends wi------"

"Yah, what do you mean by that." I complained to her. And soon Wendy was laughing so hard. 

"Sometimes, even I'm surprised why I'm friends with this idiot." And then both of them were laughing. Ughhhhh so freaking annoying but look at this ghost. Her face was really angelic. I wondered what happened to her and why her soul is still in here. Is she dead for real or maybe her soul is just wondering and her body is still alive somewhere? 

"So what's the deal with this ghost Irene. Did she told you why is she here?"

"She said she wanted me to fulfill her wishes."

"Unfinished business huh? And so when are you planning to fulfill her wishes?"

"Who said I'll do it."

Then she smacked my head again. "Yah,at least be emphatetic Irene. She can't go on the other side cause she have some unfinished business to do. And besides you don't want to make a ghost mad. They can make your life like a living hell." 

Then the ghost kept on nodding her head and then after, she gave me this killer eyes look. Omoo, she's scary.

"She's right Irene. If you think your life is a hell right now, I can make it even worst." Oh man, I got chills all over my body.

"Aissshh araso...araso.. I agree. I'll fulfill your wishes and after that you can leave me alone alright?"

"Deal." The ghost said.

 

 

1st wish.......

"Why do you have so many wishes? Isn't ghost supposed to have only one last wish?"

"But there's so many things that I haven't done and I wanted to do it. Stop complaining will you?"

"Aissttt, so how are we going to do this again?"

"I'm going to borrow your body so I can experience them all."

"What? No...no.... you can't do that." I tried to drink my coffee and suddenly I can't lift  my mug up. "What the hell?"

"I don't need your permission. I can just use your body anytime I would like to."

"What? That's not fair."

"Well I'm sorry but that's how it works."

And then we started to do her wishes one by one. We bought this paints and canvas and she started drawing a house. I mean I drew it but technically she just used my body and I must say I'm impressed. The house looks amazing and I don't know but I felt like crying staring at this masterpiece.

"How did you learned to paint? It's so beautiful."

"I'm an art major where I focused on painting."

"Really, wow? You've got a good education background huh?"

"How about you?" She asked.

"Nah, let's not talk about myself. So what's the story behind the house painting?"

"I would like my dream house to be like that. That's where my wife, my daughter and I will live."

Then I suddenly felt sorry for her as I saw her almost tearing up. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what? That it won't be happening anymore because I'm dead?" 

I didn't respond because I don't know what to say. "It's okay. I accepted my fate already. You don't have to feel sorry for me." Then she winked and then suddenly it sinked to me what she said. She said wife. So she's---

"Wait you said wife. So that means----"

"Yes, I'm a lesbian. Why?"

"Nothing. I'm just surprised."

"Well, if you're given a chance, do you think you can be in love with a person w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter