Chapter 1

So I'm a Villainess in a Fantasy Fanfiction????
Chapter 1 
Why A Fanfic of All Things?
 
 

 

I’m pretty sure I’ve gone insane. One moment I close my eyes in my dingy little room and when I open them I’m somehow in a luxurious bedroom. I blinked a couple more times in hopes that maybe I just had something extremely wrong with my vision. Nope, I still saw the red and golden bedframe in the middle of a room that seemed to belong in the Palace of Versailles. . I ran my hands through my hair out of habit and realized that something felt wrong. My hair was much longer than I remembered it to be. I looked down at where it fell and nearly screamed. Why the actual was my hair purple? I jumped out of the unfamiliar bed I was in and ran over to the almost gaudy looking vanity table. My legs gave out once I saw the sight in the mirror.

Now I would never call myself ugly. I was average build, had medium-short brown hair, largish brown eyes, and a slightly crooked mouth. Again not beautiful maybe but definitely not ugly. The sight I saw in the mirror was not my average faced self. She had large eyes that were a darker shade of purple than her hair, heart-shaped lips, long light purple hair that pooled around her on the floor, and a figure that any idol would envy. I touched my face and she touched her face in the mirror. I was somehow in her body. But who in the world was she?

As soon as I thought that, I felt a pain in my head like nothing I ever experienced before.  Memories that weren’t mine flooded into my brain as if I was watching a movie on fast forward. Her name was Selene Lancet Wenneuereia, her mother had died during childbirth which caused her father to be distant. She had two brothers, one was training to be a knight while the other was training to take over the dukedom. Her family was rich and she could have almost everything she wanted but she was extremely lonely. She grew up not having anyone around to love her and that created twisted her world view. She excelled at everything she did but would purposely cause trouble for others because she could. Proud and spoiled she was almost the perfect example of a high-class lady.

 As the headache faded something in the back of my mind was nagging me. Selene Lancet Wenneuereia... Selene Lancet Wenneuereia...why did that name sound so familiar? And then it hit me like a ton of bricks. Selene Lancet Wenneuereia was the name of one of the villains in a story I had read. Not just any story, a fanfiction of all ing things. It was all becoming more and more clear. Selene was the first villain OC in the story Imperial Mayhem a multifandom fantasy written by my favorite writer Melodyxx. 

In the story, two countries were trying to set aside their differences by pairing young nobles together in hopes that that would be enough of a reason for a century-long conflict to be settled. Selene was one of the nobles that and instead of being friendly and socializing well with everyone, she fell head over heels in love with Baekhyun...one of the male leads. There were three official couples in the story and Selene was the typical stuck up cannon fodder y villain. Baekhyun barely spared her a glance and so she tried to kill him since he didn’t love her. Yandere alert! She got arrested for attempted assassination and she basically ed up the whole unification plan and the story moved forward from there. In the end, Selene had a public execution to appease the angry nobles.

I had read it in my spare time because the premise had seemed really interesting at the time. Who the knew I would end up as one of the villains? I looked again at the mirror and only managed to confirm my thoughts as her looks matched the description in the story.

Selene prided herself in her looks. Her mother had been quite a beauty and Selene inherited every aspect of that. Her light purple hair reminded those of lavenders while her dark purple eyes shined like crystals catching the light. She was taller than the average female but she used that to her advantage as she liked to peer down her nose at everyone else. Her taste was expensive as she felt that gold was the only color that truly suited her. The primadonna of high society, that was who Selene Lancet Wenneuereia was and she expected everyone to know it.

God ing damn it how did I end up in this situation anyway? The pain I felt in my head told me that this was real and not a dream which meant… did I die in real life? That’s usually how these stories go right? And of all things why a fanfiction? None of this made any sense but what could I do? Part of me wanted to hit my head hard against the floor to see if maybe I could knock myself back in my real body and the other part of me wanted to smack some sense into that part of me. What was I to do? I thought back hard to the story of Imperial Mayhem, Selene and the other nobles get sent over to a territory at the edge of the border between the two countries so that they could socialize with ease. I looked around the room and realized that I was probably still in Selene’s room...with all the gold decor. This meant that the main story had not yet started. So what was I to do? Did I live out Selene’s life? Well until I figured out how and why I had suddenly become Selene I had very little choice in the matter. Most noble children of age that would not succeed titles would be sent to the unification thingy. There was no chance for Selene to succeed her father so she would definitely end up going. So then what? Well, the fact that I was now Selene meant that… I could just stay away from Baekhyun. If I didn’t fall for him and harass him like Selene did that means that I wouldn’t get in trouble. I remembered that plenty of the nobles went and came back single there were no repercussions either way so things should be fine.

That was the plan, stay away from Baekhyun and keep my (her?) head on my (her?) neck. It should be simple enough… fingers crossed. Just as I crossed my fingers there was a knock at my door.

“Who is it?” even Selene’s voice sounded better than my own. Why was such a perfect girl so crazy in the head for Baekhyun?

“My Lady the Duke has requested your presence in his study,”  there was a pause before the female voice continued, “I informed him that you were still resting but he insisted that it was urgent.” There was a slight tremor in her voice and I thought that she was probably a maid who was scared of Selene placing blame on her. 

“I understand,” I said as I stood up from the floor. No point in pushing things off, it was time to face the Duke and figure out what to do next.

 
 
 
 
 

author's notes

Hope you all enjoyed this first chapter

What will she do next?