Umeboshi Cult

Umeboshi Cult
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First, Happy birthday Chaeyeon. 

Hi guys, lucky I update this on Chaeyeon's birthday. 

So here we go

*

“Do you have anything to say to the person you want to thank?” Our representative Lee Seunggi asked.

I looked up and my eyes met her just in time. I couldn't see clearly. All the tears blocked my eyes, I rubbed them away. Saku chan, I'm sorry. I couldn't keep our promise together. I wanted to tell her that.

“Thank you for always beside me. Chaeyeon, I want to debut with you” Sakuchan sobbed and said while crying.

The audience applauded and some screamed out of their lungs. I heard her words, clear. My eyes got tears up even more. With all the noises, I still heard her. I heard her voice. I was blessed to meet her. We were just like soulmates. We easily understood each other. I really cherished the time we spent together. I didn't want to be away from her. The thought of this last chance drove me crazy. My heart beat very fast. A hundred thoughts ran through my mind. I have been through two survival shows. From K-pop star to sixteen. I failed all. I gave myself the last chance. This was my final and last survival show. I was so sick of those. A thousand days that I had the same routine, same train, same place, same room. So sick of the same things. I wanted to make it. I can’t take this anymore. I wanted to pass this time. I want to be izone. I want to debut with her,....and with everyone.

“Number 12 place is Lee Chaeyeon”

T...That's my name….Lee Chaeyeon, that was my name. I fell to the ground, sobbing so hard. I made it. Mom, dad, Chaeryoung, Chaemin, Chaeri. I made it. I cried so hard. I felt my friends tapped my shoulder and some congratulated me. I wanted to take time to thank them but I couldn't. I was too overwhelmed to do that. I got up and walked to the place where I deadly wanted to belong and I finally did. At that moment, I knew I've reached my dream. One step to the open door. I have been waiting for this moment. I'm glad to be part of izone. 

.

.

.

And I wanted to thank her. I was so thankful to her. She was my best friend and my soulmate. We matched very well b..but...there were some things that bother me about her after we became izone
 

….because I'm starting to think being cute is a disease. I admit that Sakura is very cute. When I say cute, I mean it is very cute. Like she is born with cuteness. Every little thing she does is cute. I’m so whipped.

Flashback

“What are you doing, Jjaeyeon?” 

“Saku-chan, it’s chaeyeon”

“Jjaeyeon?”

“Chaeyeon”

“Jjaeyeon”

“Chae. Yeon. Chaeyeon”

“Chae. Yeon. Jjaeyeon”

“It’s chaeyeon”

“It’s Jjaeyeon”

“Lee. Chae. Yeon. Lee Chaeyeon”

“Lee. Chae. Yeon. Lee Jjaeyeon”

End of flashback 

No matter how many times I tell her or practice pronouncing my name. She still gets them wrong. I’m not saying it’s bad in a bad way but it’s bad in a cute way. The way she tilted her head is very cute and her little open mouth saying Jjaeyeon is very cute as well. I just can’t bring myself to correct her again and again with cuteness.

Not only that, she has big gaps between on stage and off stage. The gap is cute as well. On stage, saku chan is so professional. Her expression is very impressive. I wonder how she can pull that out. She has pulled out many expressions. During our stage performance, we all would monitor Saku chan cam and study her expressions. The sakuchan offstage is very cute, charming and funny. At the dorm, she wears her thick glass frame with her pink outfit and watching tv. She’s either sleeping or playing games. She is the ichiban unnie and the first one fall asleep. Off stage Saku Chan is cute and lovely. On stage, sakuchan is professional and caring. I like all sakuchan. 
 

But there is one thing that is very disturbing is her obsession over umeboshi. At first, there was only her that loved umeboshi. Step by step, she makes her move and spreads the umeboshi just like sort of diseases. She would bulk buy them and give members one by one. From the maknae to the unnie line. Yena is an exception since they are game buddies. The first lost cause. They would share food together. Wonyoung and Yuri are the lost cause duo, her easy targets. 

Flashback 

“Wonyoung and Yuri, I have some candies” The two maknae looked up and horror at the umeboshi candies appearance. With sakuchan cuteness, and her status as second older unnie. The two maknaes left no choice but to gave up, opening up their palm easily and accepting the candies like inevitable.

Saku chan smiled at them and put the candy in her own mouth. Wonyoung gasp and followed her. Yuri obeyed the order and ate the candy as well. The sour expression over their face. Sakuchan caressed their head softly and thumb up at them. 

“Good job” She said. 

They nodded.

“Here I give you two more” The two candies fall in their palm and Sakura walked away innocently. The both maknae cried out. 

I felt bad watching them side by side.

End of flashback.

Next is our Yujin puppy. Yujin is Saku chan’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter