In the Club

Journey to Find You

Q5nBoJFxtHOdwBWv2a9tFLASc8xzV_E91KjkPS3whryaRmVQ1-xZXweD_yNjm0g5H5oDCs5AsW6G_GtLzQimhzcRLDzN8Ma21XwV6Ax2QLfi9UG0gX9uI2CgvNH6HQ65aFr_XDTl

 

According to Kihyun, they only had one car which Hoseok took, so they had to take the bullet train. Which was awesome. Of course, Hyeju knew how to teleport but it only worked with places she's already been before. Kihyun smiled at the awestruck expression on Hyeju's face as they flew through the city to the club. Apparently a club is a place where people drink and dance to music. Sounded like the festivals back at home to her. But those were only on special occasions. 

 

Once they got to the club, Kihyun signaled for Hyeju to follow him to the back. He texted something on his Omniband and a few minutes later, the door opened up revealing Hyunwoo dressed in a metallic silver vest over a white dress shirt and black dress pants with a black waist apron.

 

"You didn't dress at all?" Hyunwoo looked over Kihyun's outfit. 

 

"From the sounds of it, I don't think we'll be staying. We're just here to collect my guardian from the horrors of a 'club'. I get the feeling she didn't want to be here," Hyeju informed. 

 

"Honestly I was surprised to see her here," Hyunwoo said as they made their way through the kitchen to the venue. "Hoseok said they had gone to Minhyuk's coffee shop and he had convinced them this would be a good idea." 

 

"He is good friends with the bouncer so I'm sure it wasn't hard for them to get through the front door," Kihyun figured. 

 

Hyeju could FEEL the music coming from the main room. The closer they got, the harder the vibrations from the sounds shook her whole body. She felt terrible for Kira's ears, knowing very well how sensitive they were to sound. If she could feel the music from being so loud, she couldn't imagine how Kira felt. The boys probably brought her there with the best of intentions to let experience their world, not knowing that Kira's ears pick up sounds the human ears can't even perceive.

 

When they entered the room with the loud music, Hyeju was surprised to find that it was very dark and hard to see. There were lights flashing here and there, but it didn't seem their main purpose was to help you actually see the room. Regardless of her visually impaired situation, she immediately started her search to locate Kira. Kihyun wasn't far behind her, making sure he stayed close so he didn't lose her. Though worried about Kira, she had to admit the music definitely made her want to dance. 

 

As she wandered further in, Hyeju had a feeling the congregation of males was where Kira was. She pushed her way through the crowd. Then the sight before her caused her jaw to drop.

 

There she was, in a form fitted black outfit and a large pair of headphones over her ears dancing to the music. She was surrounded by Hoseok, Minhyuk, Jooheon and Changkyun, who when you look closer were actually protecting her from all the other males in the club. While the sight of Kira dancing in itself was beyond comprehension on its own, Hyeju couldn't stop herself from staring at Hoseok.

 

He looked COMPLETELY different from the squishy muscle man from earlier that morning. He was wearing some skin tight leather pants that left nothing to the imagination with a leather jacket over a see-through shirt. The glares he sent toward the other men while covering Kira with his body was bringing shivers down her back. She was certain they were supposed to look intimidating and not sensual. 

 

She was so busy staring at Hoseok that she didn't even notice that Kihyun was doing the same thing. Only he was staring at Kira. The deadpan, harsh-mouth girl from this morning was laughing and dancing like no one was watching. He was entranced by the smile on her face, showing genuine happiness. It really didn't help that her clothes were clinging to every curve of her body. After unintentionally looking Kira over (which he didn't even do when she first arrived), he slapped himself in the face to snap himself out of it. It was then that he realized Kira's face looked redder than before. 

 

"Does Kira tolerate alcohol?" Kihyun yelled through the music at Hyeju, snapping her out of her daze. 

 

"She's never had it before." 

 

Kihyun pointed at her face, "I get the feeling she has now." 

 

"Ah, …" Realizing this was probably going to end badly, Hyeju charged up to Kira and grabbed her face to bring her back to reality. She looked offended briefly before grinning widely and hugging Hyeju. 

 

"Hyejunnieeee~" 

 

"Yes, it's me. Let's get you out of here, okay? I don't think your ears can take much more of this." 

 

"What?! I can't hear you!" 

 

"LET'S GET Y-oh for 's sake." Rather than trying to explain herself, she grabbed Kira's wrist and started leading her out of the club. At least she tried to until some guy got in front of her. 

 

"Whoa, hold up! Where do you think you're going?" The man was definitely drunk and probably was enjoying Kira's show a little too much. 

 

"Excuse us, sir, but we'll be taking our leave now. You see my friend here has a conditio-" 

 

"You ain't going nowhere, little lady." 

 

Hyeju had managed to maneuver herself just far enough that the boys had to push themselves past the other people to get to her. They would have been right there to alleviate Hyeju with the situation but the man made the mistake of touching Hyeju. It wasn't anything violent per say but he did push her obnoxiously on the shoulder. 

 

And you do not mess with Hyeju when Kira was around…

 

…especially when she had no inhibitions from alcohol. 

 

No warning signs or anything. Immediately after the man laid a finger on Hyeju, Kira grabbed the man by the wrist before he even had time to pull it back and his body was suddenly flying across the room. Hyunwoo’s eyes widened in shock at the man that crashed into the wall next to him, and then sighed in relief at Kira’s fantastic aim, missing all the breakable glasses and furniture in the room. Her once dark round eyes turned cat-like with a golden hue. 

 

"Do not touch Hyeju unless you want to die by my hands a slow painful death," Kira snarled viciously, fire visible in her eyes. Sensing that this might turn into a brawl soon if they didn’t leave (and Hyunwoo might lose his job), she grabbed Kira's wrist, abruptly stopping the impending fire forming in her hand meant to burn the man she just threw.

 

Hyeju raised her eyebrow at the other men in front of her as if saying, you really want to try something after your buddy just flew across the room? The other (smarter) men parted a path for Hyeju to make her exit with Kira.

 

As the rest of the boys sans Hyunwoo (who was still working) followed after the two girls, Minhyuk pointed and laughed at the man as they passed by, "It's much funnier when I'm not the one being thrown."

 

Once outside, Hyeju sighed in relief that no one seemed to follow them out. She was hoping everyone was too drunk to really care that a small girl just threw a man across the room. She pulled the headphones off Kira’s head and held the slightly shorter girl’s face to look up at her. Kira’s eyes were struggling to focus on Hyeju. When she felt her forehead, it was burning up.

 

“Kira...hey focus on me...how much alcohol did you have?” Hyeju questioned with concern.

 

“What alcohol? What about that motherer that just touched you?! I need to burn him alive!” Kira cried out. As if to prove her point, her right hand became engulfed with flames while she tried to stumble her way back into the club. One tug of her arm to stop her caused her to collapse on the ground.

 

“KIRA!” Hyeju immediately kneeled down next to and propped her back up on her legs.

 

“Is she okay?” Changkyun asked in concern.

 

“For your information, she’s not ALLOWED to have alcohol so no, she is not okay.” All five boys flinched at the sternness of her voice. From their first meeting until now, they had not heard Hyeju raise her voice, even when they were threatening to take her to the police. “Her body doesn’t metabolize it well so you basically poisoned her.”

 

As if on cue, Kira ran off the side and vomited. Hyeju rubbed the girl’s back, holding her hair back so it didn’t get vomited on. She had her suspicions that Kira had more than one drink from the amount that she was vomiting. Kihyun had ran inside to grab some paper towels from the bathroom.

 

“Here…” If it was anyone other than Kihyun that was talking to her, she would have punched them. She mumbled a thanks, taking the paper towels from him to wipe Kira’s face once she was done vomiting. The poor Vulpes was completely exhausted and fell asleep against Hyeju, suddenly morphing into her Anima form as a fox. Hyeju stared regretfully at her drained guardian, petting her fur for a moment. Whenever Kira felt like she was in danger, she would default into her Anima form to conserve energy, allowing herself to recover faster while staying inconspicuous.

 

Her gentle gaze turned enraged when she looked up at the boys. She seethed in silence while scooping Kira’s sleeping body up into her arms.

 

“Kihyun, could you do me a favor and bring Kira to the car?” Hyeju directed more than requested. Kihyun didn’t know why he bowed a little before gently taking Kira from her. He made sure was pointed downwards in case she needed to vomit more to keep her airway safe. She waited for Kihyun to be out of hearing range, staring without a word at the remaining four boys with fury, before speaking.

 

“Who is responsible for this?” Her tone was barely above a whisper, making her sound even scarier than if she was yelling at them.

 

“I-”

 

“I’m sorry. It’s my fault,” Hoseok stood forward, interrupting Minhyuk.

 

“We didn’t know!” Jooheon walked forward as well, trying to back Hoseok up.

 

“We just wanted her to relax a bit because she seemed so tense. After her first drink, she kept asking for more and we didn’t know she couldn’t have any alcohol,” Changkyun explained.

 

"She was tense because her ears were probably exploding from the ridiculously loud music considering she can hear things human ears can't even pick up," she explained calmly, though biting her tongue to scream profanities at them. 

 

"We didn't kno-" 

 

"I understand that you all don't understand anything about Kira's biology. What I do not understand is why-" Hyeju took a deep breath to calm herself down, feeling her tone rise with anger. She switched to an objective monotone. "Is it not considered morally wrong to pressure a female of your kind to consume so much alcohol regardless of the lack of any medical conditions that she becomes inebriated?"

 

"Well she was the one that kept asking for more drinks after the first one…" Jooheon tried to defend. 

 

"And if your friend over here was intoxicated and claimed that it would be amusing to play with a loaded weaponry, are you implying you would trust his judgment at the time or would you consider him unable to make sound decisions and prevent him from hurting himself?" Hyeju shot back flatly. Jooheon shrunk back, no response to her factual statement.

 

She turned to Hoseok, "While I appreciate you taking the time to keep Kira company, I am disappointed at the situation we are currently facing. Your lack of sound judgment makes it difficult for me to trust you to care for my guardian in my absence."

 

Hoseok hung his head in shame. Minhyuk tried to speak up but Hoseok signaled for him to stay quiet. 

 

"Hoseok-sshi, do you admit to providing an excessive amount of alcohol to my guardian?" 

 

"Neh."

 

"Despite not having all the information at your disposal, do you admit to putting my guardian in danger if she was to be considered a normal female of your kind?" 

 

"Neh." 

 

Hyeju sighed and shook her head. She glared at Hoseok. "Do you accept that I deserve to slap you in the face?" 

 

"Neh," he responded without hesitation. With his hands folded politely in front of him, he closed his eyes and held his head down. Hyeju brought her hand up with every intention to smack Hoseok in the face with a full on slap. But instead, the slap ended up being a gentle tap on his cheek. He looked up in surprise at the softness in her touch. He was even more surprised at the look of anguish on her face. 

 

"She's incredibly important to me. You don’t even understand. Please do not let this happen again." Her voice was shaking. Minhyuk, Jooheon, and Changkyun behind Hoseok immediately started bowing 90 degrees in sincere apology for the pain they caused. Hoseok was speechless. He didn't know what to do. 

 

Hyeju let out the breath she had been holding in, still shaky from the whole ordeal.

 

"Honestly, I am really considering leaving you to finding your friend on your own. BUT…" She held her hand up at them, knowing they were about to argue with her. "...your friend doesn't deserve to be punished for your mistakes."

 

"I would like to return to my temporary place of residence," Hyeju informed, turning to leave before Hoseok even agreed. 

 

"Hyung…" Minhyuk called out helplessly as Hoseok left in tow. He shook his head at Minhyuk with a strained smile on his face. He didn't want Minhyuk to worry, even though his heart was palpitating from the stress of everything that was happening. He waved bye to the three boys as he made his way to the car where a furious Hyeju, a worried Kihyun, and an unconscious Kira awaited. The ride back to their home was eerily quiet.