Oh My God, Mina Can't Hear Us!

Some Cosmic Convergence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Good luck, Nabongs!”

Jeongyeon shouted over the noise of the large crowd when she hurriedly left her friend after their shared chemistry class.Yes, she needed that cheering for she was about to do something really nerve-wracking. A crazy as Jihyo would put it.

 

“Jihyo, confessing is not bad.” Nayeon tried to reason out as Jihyo was really not agreeing with her.

 

“Nay, confessing is one thing but are you reading that last line? It literally says, and I quote, ‘if Mina won’t agree I will have to force her.' You literally said you will force her to date you isn't that crazy?"

"I said, I will persuade her, not force her you underestimate me, I'm irresistable."

Nayeon was running as she constantly checked on her watch, bumping to every student on her way to the rooftop. She had to get there on time, or else she might ruin this setup. It took her months to muster up the courage to do this, there’s no going back now. She walked in large leaps in every flight of stairs and pushed through the metal doors, only to be greeted by the cool breeze and an empty rooftop. Good.

 

She checked her watch again. She was early by at least twelve minutes, that would be enough time to prepare and rehearse her lines so she wouldn’t blow this up. She walked slowly towards the ledge and murmured her practiced lines for the past week. Nayeon inhaled deeply and stood on the narrow ledge, balancing herself as she waited for the metal doors to open and show up the person she had been pining for the past months.

 

She was looking down at the sea of students who was taking their break and having fun. Suddenly dread came in swarming in Nayeon’s nerves. She shook her head. No, focus. You shouldn’t chicken out now that you’re here. She took a deep breath and waited.

 

Nayeon heard the metal doors creaked. This is it. She opened her eyes and cleared . Here goes nothing. She watched Myoui Mina enter the rooftop, holding her phone with her earphones plugged on her ears. Nayeon took large gulps and waved.

 

“Hi.”

 

Nayeon couldn’t decipher what Mina was thinking with that unreadable look she was giving Nayeon. Mina removed the left plug and stared at her, she took this as a go signal.

 

“I- I really like you.” Nayeon stated in tiny voice.

 

Mina frowned and walked closer. Goddmmit.

 

“I’ve been liking you for quite sometime now. I think you’re so beautiful. Your smile I so pretty, and I like the way you dance. I- I think you’re perfect, I know that you probably don’t know me but I hope you will me a chance.”

 

Mina halted in the middle of the rooftop, frown not disappearing on her face. . Nayeon was about to get rejected?

 

With these thoughts swimming in her mind, Nayeon did the most sane thing to do.

 

“If you won’t be giving me a chance, I’ll jump from here!”

 

Nayeon lifted her right leg and swung it on the other side of the ledge, she moved around and mimicked the attempt to jump. She saw Mina muttered something but it was inaudible. Nayeon watched Mina plug her earphones back into her ear and walk away.

 

“Where are you going? Hey!”

 

The loud slam of the metal doors answered Nayeon. She sighed defeated. Nayeon balanced herself on the ledge. “Great, just leave.” Mina didn’t even care about her jumping off the rooftop, much less about her feelings. It would be like that.

 

She was about to leave too when she heard the metal doors open again and saw a very familiar figure. She was also staring back at her, Nayeon felt like she was just staring at a mirror. Wait, that’s her! Nayeon squinted her eyes and stared at the person before her. Nayeon, stared at herself. The space around her started to warp, but Nayeon couldn’t careless. She rubbed her eyes and looked at the person again. It was really her, damn.

 

Nayeon’s head was aching her touched her temple and grimaced. It was too painful. She forgot that she was standing at the ledge and took a step back. Nayeon stepped into nothing. She opened her eyes and saw her legs leaving the ledge and she was falling down. She wasn’t able to scream. It happened so fast but everything around her was slowing down. She tried reaching out to herself as her other self tried grabbing her too.

 

It was too late.

 

Nayeon woke up in jolt. She saw a very unfamiliar place. “Where the hell am I?” Jihyo suddenly appeared behind her, slapping her arm.

 

“You are asleep the whole time Prof Wook is discussing, get up there, I’m hungry!” She looked around and saw her classmates. Wait. It seemed like everything was the same and fine. Didn’t she just fell off the roof?

 

“Oh, Jeong. What do you think is the menu today?”

 

“I heard there would be some chicken- Mina, Hi!”

 

Nayeon looked up. Wait, that’s Mina. And Jeongyeon was talking to Jeongyeon animatedly, she was laughing with Jihyo about something, since when did they became so close with her?As far as she could remember, they were never friends, Jihyo was an acquaintance and Jeongyeon, she never had a single conversation with Mina before. What is going on?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter