Gingerbread Houses

Gingerbread Houses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun is a very festive person, and loves to celebrate and do the most they could to make the holidays ‘extra’. It’s one of his favorite things to do, which Sehun has always thought was one of the reasons the shorter male was absolutely perfect.

During the holidays the couple would always go the extra yard and decorate their house as much as they could. They’d hang up lights, banners, cute pictures, and more for each holiday and have different themes each year. After finishing whatever decorating they did, they’d set up other fun activities to do with their friends, family, and for themselves as well.

Although they do these sorts of things with every event, Baekhyun always insisted on making Christmas more extravagant and fun because it was his favorite holiday (definitely not because he wants to out-do his best friends Jongdae and Minseok for ‘Best Christmas Decorations in the Neighborhood’).

Every time Christmas came around (more like as soon as Thanks Giving was over) it took about two whole days or more to finish decorating their house. Once they were done you could barely see any of their lawn, and little to no roof because every inch of their house was decorated to the max. Which soon paid off when their Neighborhood Festive Contest Judge always came to their front door of their small home with a big blue ribbon with a giant ‘1st’ printed on it. Every year people from around the neighborhood or from around town would walk and drive by just to get a good glance of the house “Christmas threw up on”.

After decorating nearly every centimeter of their house, Baekhyun would invite his and Sehun’s best friends over to their house for a small party (also making sure to invite Jongdae and Minseok to brag about his lawn and his consecutive blue ribbons collection).

As the couple waited until Christmas morning, Baekhyun would always make a large list for things he and Sehun could do like: ice skating, baking cookies, decorating cookies, making way too sweet fudge to pawn off on Jongdae and Minseok later, sledding, create pretty ornaments for their freshly cut tree they cut down themselves every year, go caroling, and a lot of other things.

Everything was going the same this year. The only difference was that Sehun had slightly alternative plans for them this year. He was planning on popping the ‘big question’ while taking Baekhyun to a romantic Christmas themed restaurant that he booked reservations for three months prior.

Sehun was obviously nervous, having not only trying to keep their dinner reservations a secret, but to hide the ring without Baekhyun finding it was the hardest factor since Baekhyun lost everything and looked around everywhere for whatever it was he lost.

He tried his best to hide his uneasiness around Baekhyun, but was soon caught by a suspicious pouting boy while they were sitting on the couch one day and watching cheesy Christmas specials.

“Hunnie, are you okay?” Baekhyun suddenly asked and looked up as Sehun while he laid on the taller man’s lap.

Sehun was already panicking that day because just two hours ago Baekhyun went looking for his santa hat, and almost found the special box Sehun hid.

“N-no! I mean- Yes! I’m fine.” Sehun coughed out, sweating nervously, and kept his attention to whatever was playing on their t.v.

Lip jutting out in a cute pout, Baekhyun tugged on Sehun’s shirt to get the former’s attention, “Are you sure? You have seemed awfully jumpy lately. Did your boss fire you or something? What’s wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong, Baek. I didn’t get fired, don’t worry. I’m just.. really excited for our other Christmas activities on our list.” Sehun tried to reassure and looked down to give Baekhyun a small awkward smile.

Baekhyun’s pout turned into a frown. He sat up from Sehun’s lap, crossing his arms and faced away from the former.

Confused, thinking he might have said something wrong, Sehun immediately wrapped his arms around the smaller male in a tight embrace, “What’s wrong? Did I upset you?”

Baekhyun’s eyebrows furrowed as he huffed and answered with an irritated voice, “You just lied to my face.”

Sehun felt the itching panic comeback and quickly tried to recover, so he could save himself from being caught, “What do you mean? I didn’t lie to you.”

“Come on, Sehun,” Baekhyun started and stood up, breaking their contact before he turned back to stare down at Sehun, “you can’t lie to me. You’re acting all.. reserved and constricted. If something’s on your mind, you need to talk to me instead of hiding it from me. It’s obvious you’re hiding something from me- I’m not oblivious.”

Sehun became even more tense, realizing he wasn’t doing such a great job trying to keep his plans a secret after all.

He opened his mouth to answer the shorter, but nothing came out. He didn’t know what to say to the latter, without exposing himself.

Baekhyun was over it with in seconds of waiting for the former to answer, so he decided he needed some alone time and walked off to their bedroom.

When Sehun realized Baekhyun was leaving, he jumped up quickly to stop him and grabbed his small wrist, “Wait Baek- Baby!”

“What!” Baekhyun snapped and glared up at Sehun, “Finally conjured up an excuse?”

Sehun winced from Baekhyun’s last comment before speaking with a soft voice, “I’m sorry I’ve been acting up lately, I’ve just been stressing out. I didn’t want to bother you.”

Baekhyun’s angry scowl immediately contorted to a face of worry. He turned around quickly to cup the taller’s cheeks and gave him a gentle look as he spoke to him gingerly, “Oh.. Hunnie, you’re not bothering me! You can always come to me for anything. What’s been stressing you out? Work? Family?”

Baekhyun’s tender and understanding side was another reason Sehun loved the latter. No matter the situation Baekhyun would always come around and try his best to understand the situation and make him feel better. Which is why Sehun all the more hated himself for lying to him.

“It’s hard to explain.. Christmas stuff.” Sehun discreetly answered and looked away and scratched the back of his head nervously.

Baekhyun’s lips formed a small ‘o’ shape before he smiled and cutely replied teasingly, “Ohhh~ so you’re looking for giiiiiiifts~”

“Y-yeah, Christmas gifts.” Sehun chuckled with an awkward lopsided smile.

As soon as that incident happened, Baekhyun somehow kept losing random nick-nacks, and getting way too close to comfort with Sehun’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter