An ordinary day at the council

School Rumble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s Monday again. Joohyun likes school days, unlike the other students who dread going back to school after the weekend. The first thing she does after turning her alarm off is to look for her phone to check any updates on social media. 

3 notifications 2 messages. 

1st notification was a birthday of a guy he doesn’t know but a friend on the social media platform. 2nd notification was an announcement of their exam schedules next week. 3rd is a tagged meme from her best friend wendy.

“This reminds me of you kkk” Wendy said in the caption

“Spider: *casually enters the room* Me: Peace was never an option” the meme of some sort of a duck game said. She was never really interested in these memes but wendy tags her in so many. Joohyun just likes the post then went straight to her messages.

There were messages from their class group chat, but she knows those are just some silly stuff. The message she’s interested in the most was a message from seulgi. Her perfect annoyingly oblivious cuddly bear seulgi. Please be noted that they are just childhood friends. No matter how much attention(flirting) Bae Joohyun gives her she’s just that oblivious. Oblivious of the Rank 1 prettiest student in school according to their school publication last month.

“Joohyun unnie good morning. don’t bring lunch today, mom packed us lunch!” seulgi said accompanied with a cute hungry bear sticker, it was sent just a minute ago.

“Good morning seulgi~ tell her I said thank you. See you later~” Joohyun replied.

Seulgi’s mom has always been good with joohyun and keeps treating her as her own. Knowing that the girl’s parents are away from the nice girl. Ever since their early childhood days, Seulgi’s mom always sends her daughter to joohyun to make sure the girl is doing okay letting them play on their own, through the years Seulgi has built joohyun as part of her daily routine. To make sure the girl is not lonely as they grew up hence the reason why seulgi is now waiting for the girl on her front gate so that they can walk to school together.

“Unnie good morning” Seulgi greeted her with that happy smile as always.

“Seulgi good morning” joohyun took note of her eyes that always turns into crescents whenever she smiles

“Your eyes would be the end of me” joohyun added not so subtly making sure the girl hears it.

“Huh? What’s wrong with them?” seulgi asked bewildered by the sudden comment

“Because they’re so pretty” irene said as she looked at the girl lovingly waiting for her reaction

“Thank you unnie~” seulgi responded with her usual grateful expression.

Joohyun waited for more, maybe a tinge of blush or shyness on seulgi’s part but nothing came.

“But I don't understand why that could end you?” seulgi pondered innocently

“Now that didn't go as planned” joohyun thought to herself

“Oh well, you’re still adorable” joohyun thought out loud peeking if seulgi heard her, only to find the girl on the other side of the road, a few feet away from her.

“Unnie look! A puppy~!” seulgi said while petting a dog on a leash. Its owner was shocked at the girl who suddenly came up to them.

“S-seulgi thats a 4 feet d-dog” joohyun is terrified of dogs

“Who’s the good puppy~” seulgi said with a small voice as she continued petting the dog until joohyun had to drag her to start walking again afraid that if she lets her do this they would be late for school

Oh seulgi what am I going to do with you

 

“Yeri-ah, does this jacket look good on me?” sooyoung asked yeri who’s in the corner of the office on accompanied by a book.

“That jacket would look good on me” yeri teased

“Yah! that’s not what I was asking!”

“That’s all that I could think off!”

“Come on! Before wendy gets here! Does this look good on me?!” sooyoung asked annoyed by the younger’s nonchalance of the topic.

Not that the topic is important in the first place.

Sooyoung took pride of her looks, knowing that everyone bows to her beauty - that’s according to her

But her wise and proper as ever secretary Son Wendy doesn't seem to notice her main reason for existence - to show the world the true meaning of beauty, again that’s all according to park sooyoung herself.

Son Wendy, the wisest of them all who believes that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder therefore rendering visual aspects useless.

“Give up unnie, she doesn't really care about appearances. You can't impress her with that” yeri stated matter of factly

“I, park sooyoung the prettiest girl in this school would change her perspective about this!” sooyoung said with determination and fire in her eyes

“Wrong again unnie~ joohyun unnie is the prettiest girl on campus” yeri said. Again stating a fact.

Yeri is lucky enough to dodge the taller girl’s huge boots that was aimed to her head.

“Shut up!”

“As student council president don't you have anything important to do? Hm president park sooyoung?”

“THIS IS IMPORTANT!”O

 

Our ever so kind and loving wendy walks into the office with a box of chocolates and letters along with seulgi who’s carrying her own box but with pringles on it.

“Wa! Unnie did those came from your admirers again?” yeri asked wendy eagerly knowing the older would give her some

“Y-yes, but I don't really want to accept them, I still find it weird” wendy is not used to this kind of attention. Ever Since that day students saw her serve at the student council charity event, some of the girls on campus wouldn't stop giving

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter