Fin.

locked out

 



You did it on purpose, didn't you?



 

~~~

 

~~~

Chaewon's family is going to a trip. The lass wanted to join her family, but dang, school isn't letting her. She has alot of things to actually finish once school starts again. She did thought of ditching it, though last time she ditched her responsibilities she ended up going to a summer class and boy she hates that. Summer but has to go to class because she failed a subject... She dares not to repeat that mistake again. 

The lass was helping her family moving their luggage to their car. "Did you leave anything behind?" She asked.

"Well..."

Chaewon raised an eyebrow. She looked like she was expecting something from her parents.

"Your money. How else are you going to eat when you don't have money in you" The girl's father snorted.

"For a minute there I thought you were going to be  saying cheesy words about leaving me behind..."

And like how everyone says it -- motherly instincts. Her mother, sense what chaewon was just thinking of. "Of course we feel bad leaving you behind sweetheart, but you already decided. Do you wanna back out and ditch? There's always room for you to join us" Chaewon's mom suggested.

As much as chaewon wants to ditch, she really doesn't wanna fail. Maybe this once, she'll let it pass.

"I'll just pass for this one mom. You should go now, you guys might miss your flight"

"Here's your spending money. Contact Dad if you needed more and we'll send it to you. Take care, wonnie"

"Yeah mom~ love you" Chaewon replied, all smiley.

"Hey what about me" Her dad scowled, playfully. 

Chaewon scoffed. "And I love you too Dad, buy me something from LA~"

Both of the latter's parent nod their head and went inside the taxi.

 

The girl was busy looking through her phone, trying to decide what she should eat for dinner. Would she rather cook or get deliveries? But it's not like she can cook that much either. She wondered for a minute before finally deciding what she wants to eat for dinner. Fried Chicken.

 

"Cute" Chaewon said when she received a message from her Dad. It was a picture of her Dad, her Mom and her older sister. Her Dad apparently took a picture of them three broading the plane. "he's lowkey trying to make me envious for not joining isn't he..."

Chaewon sighed knowing his Dad antics. 

Seeing the sky turning a dark gray colour, she immediately walked faster than her usual walking pace. If she didn't she might get soak by the rain, if it does happen to rain.

Chaewon was already at her door step. She tried reaching into both of her pockets, searching for the keys. The keys to their house. She kept on searching, even her back pockets to see if it was back there. When it finally hit her, she forgot to bring her keys out with her while she was helping her parents moving their luggage. A dumb Chaewon has appeared.

"I left the damn keys behind. Damn it!" Chaewon whisper-shouted to herself.

This wasn't helping her, the whole situation wasn't, she needed to finish her works as soon as possible and things aren't just letting her to. It was going to rain, she forgot her keys and she has no way to stay -- or maybe she does. She held out her phone to contact someone who could help her. without any doubts of saying yes.

...

...

"Hello?"

"Oh minjoo-yah, thank goodness you picked up."

"Chaewon unnie?"

"Yeah, you see I got locked out of the house and my parent's are out of the country. I forgot to bring the keys with me. And like..., I just wanna ask if it's cool for you to let me stay over at your place? Only for today, I promise"

"oh- it's fine by me. Although I only have one room, you know I live on my own now. And I can't let my guest sleep on the couch, it uncomfortable."

"It's fine minjoo-yah as long as I got a place to stay"

"It's going to rain soon. Where are you? Stay there, I'll get my umbrella"

"No worries i'm already on my way. I'll hang up."

...

...

 

Now that it's raining Chaewon might have thought that it was better if she waited for Minjoo to come with her with the latter's umbrella, now she's soaked up. All thanks to herself for not being so thoughtful enough. Even if she called for Minjoo right now it would be useless, she's already drenched she might as well run thru the rain and get along with it. Let's just hope she won't get sick by this.

Chaewon was freezing, and the wind blowing pass her isn't helping her to warm down either. People were looking at her like she was stupid to run into the rain. Still soaking wet, water dripping from her clothes, she hurriedly went to the elevator to avoid accidents because of a 'wet floor' that she unintentionally cause. Thankfully she arrived at Minjoo's apartment, she rang the doorbell hoping for minjoo to open the door immediately.

"Yes?" A voice can be heard as soon as chaewon rang the doorbell.

Through gritted teeth, Chaewon was able to blurt out a "It's m-me" she couldn't help but to stutter the last one.

Finally, Minjoo opened the door and tried to welcome Chaewon into an open arms when she realize that Chaewon was soaking wet and shaking. She wanted to laugh seeing Chaewon like this. Since Chaewon's stubborness was brought to this. But of course she also felt bad for the older.

"Ya! I told you to just stay so you wouldn't be caught in the rain. You're so stubborn. Go take a warm shower, I'll let you borrow one of my pj's" Minjoo said sternly, trying to sound like she's really mad at the girl.

The older Kim heaved out a sigh, "Thank you minguri, I knew that I could always count on you~"

 

(

 

The older Kim got out of Minjoo's room, all changed up into new clothes that Minjoo lend her. She noticed that Minjoo was sitting at the couch, reading.

Chaewon moved closer to Minjoo, "Hey, what are you reading?"

"Oh, it's a manga. By the way, I made you some Hot Choco."

The latter's face lightened up. "Thank you minjoo-yah. I'm sorry for crashing in your place, I really didn't know this would happen to me.."

Minjoo giggled, lightly, "You did it on purpose didn't you?"

"Did what?"

"You left your keys on purpose didn't you?"

"What?? No?"

 

 that sounded wrong why did she gave out a unsure answer.. why is she lowkey panicking when there's no need for her to actually panic...

 

"I'm just joking unnie" Minjoo giggled, awkwardly.

Chaewon was internally panicking. Meanwhile, Minjoo was panicking too. The younger Kim didn't know where she mustered up her courage to ask Chaewon that. Although it may sounds like Chaewon has feelings for the latter, it is actually the opposite. Minjoo immediately regrets her choice of words, she shouldn't really have done it. Now it seems like it's really awkward for the two to stay in one place.

Silence filled the room. After what Minjoo just did Chaewon disturb herself by using her phone. Minjoo on the other hand was having a one-on-one battle with her brain cells, whether she should talk to Chaewon about something els or just leave everything on silent. Of course, she choose the first one.

 

"Unnie.." Minjoo said it in a most low voice she could create.

Chaewon furrowed her eyebrows, "Yes minjoo?"

"Where is Mrs and Mr. Kim going?"

"LA, why'd you ask?

"So... that means your staying all alone at your house?"

Chaewon smirked. "Yeah, why.. do you want me to stay with you instead? So that I won't be lonely?" it was time for the older kim to tease the younger.

"What? N-no" Minjoo panicked resulting into her stutter.

"Well, do you mind if I stay with you for couple of days. Besides, you live alone, right minguri?" Chaewon's tone is alluring.

 

Minjoo looks like a tomato now, with her cheeks painting bright red. 

"I-" The younger Kim couldn't continue her sentence cause her brain is buffering at the moment. 

Chaewon scoffed. "I'll take that as a yes."

Minjoo was really out of words now. She stood up immediately and said, "I'll just go cook s-something for us to eat"

 

One point for Chaewon. They're now tied.

 

Although chaewon wasn't really done. Well -- all jokes aside she really wasn't done. The lass walked towards to where minjoo was. She cough to clear , "You know you were cute earlier, minjoo". Minjoo was startled hearing Chaewon's voice again and that's not all Chaewon was beside her.

Minjoo sighed. "I- please stop teasing me now Chaewon unnie. You know that I like you and I'm trying to prevent anymore of my feelings get involve since you obviously don't like me back."

Chaewon was astonished, knowing the reason why Minjoo was ignoring her messages ever since the younger kim confessed. Minjoo thought she doesn't like her back. 

"Who said that I don't like you?" Chaewon said, raising an eyebrow.

Minjoo pouted, "Yena unnie said that you were straight and like a 'guy' from the other classroom."

The older Kim snorted, "What? No minjoo-yah. That 'guy' is just a friend." She wonder why she believe what that duck face told her. "I'm so killing that duck!" Chaewon thought. (please save yena)

Chaewon found it cute seeing minjoo pouting and sulking like a baby she is. She could of sworn her eyes would be shooting hearts at Minjoo. If anything happens, she would be there to kicked butts to whoever does minjoo dirty.

"I'm sorry if this it too late minguri, but i wanted to tell you my answer in person but since you've been ignoring me i couldn't." Chaewon giggled look how minjoo is listening to her intently. "I like you too, Kim Minjoo." A smile curve up to the older's lips. She finally told minjoo that she likes her too, all thanks to chaewon's unexpected situation. Minjoo couldn't believe it at first, she kept on asking chaewon if this is all true or is she just dreaming. And chaewon being a sly fox that she is close their remaining gap between their body and stole Minjoo's first kiss (also chaewon's). Not too rough, not too long since their just a beginner at this thing but trust me, they could go beyond that sooner or later.

 

 

 

Chaewon was actually glad that she forgot her keys behind. And i guess she would be staying at Minjoo's for the time being. To her studies? uhh.. let's just say she'll just go with a summer class or maybe she'll get a locksmith to open her door and just take what she needs.