Fated to Meet You

Chance Meeting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I seem to be on a roll with Yesung stories today. 2 stories in one day!

I hope you like this short story.

I walked across the airport parking lot, cursing under my breath. Cursing myself under my breath.

The chance of a lifetime, and I just missed it!

Well, okay, it wasn’t really my fault, per se. I was held up at work. That was unavoidable, and I couldn’t do anything about it. I had to stay longer than usual in the office and do what needed to be done, unless I wanted to end up jobless. Not to mention that traffic in this country had gotten to be so outrageous.

But still!

I had missed a great opportunity, and I couldn’t help but blame myself, even if I knew that there wasn’t anything that I couldn’t have done to have a better outcome in these circumstances.

Super Junior was having a Super Show here tomorrow, and they were scheduled to arrive late tonight. 

Unfortunately, despite the lateness of their scheduled arrival, I was even later.

I missed Super Junior’s arrival at the airport.

As soon I was able to escape from the office without putting my job at risk, I got on a bus headed to the airport. And I promptly got myself stuck in heavy traffic. The usual one hour traveling time to the airport turned to over three hours! And that wasn’t even the worse part. The worse part was that my cellphone had run out of battery… and I didn’t even have my power bank with me! In my mad rush to get out of the office, I had left the power bank on my desk.

I could have kicked myself. I had no way of checking Super Junior fan pages and groups for updates on the boys’ arrival while I was on the way to the airport.

And when I had finally gotten to the airport, there was no one else here.

Well, no, of course the airport was filled with people as usual. But there were no more ELFs around. When I asked a security guard, I was then told that Super Junior arrived about two hours ago. The guard then added that he was relieved that the whole thing was over; apparently, the fans’ shouts and cheers and reactions at seeing Super Junior during their arrival were a bit overwhelming for the guard.

The guard might have been relieved, but I was crushed with disappointment.

Sure, I was going to the concert tomorrow anyway. I was going to get the chance to see the boys during the concert. But still! I had wanted to see them at the airport! There was just something about greeting Super Junior as they arrive in the airport, cheering for them and welcoming them with your fellow ELFs.

I wanted to experience that, but I guess that wasn’t going to happen.

While I didn’t have my power ban, I did have my phone’s cord with me. I had gone around the airport for a while, finding a socket in a remote corner and quickly plugging my phone. I looked around nervously. I wasn’t sure if people were allowed to just charge their phones here. There didn’t seem to be any authority figures around, and no one stopped me, so I let my phone charge for a while. Just to get some battery in it.

As I was waiting for the charge to get to half the battery life, I opened the phone and was finally able to check the fan pages and groups.

And I became even more disappointed.

I scrolled through the dozens and dozens of pictures and fancams of Super Junior’s arrival hours ago. I missed all of this! I envied the fans who were here and got to take pictures and videos of Super Junior! I quickly watched a short clip of Leeteuk walking quickly through the airport, Kyuhyun and Ryeowook following behind him. I saw pictures of Donghae and Eunhyuk walking closely together, the comments for these pictures full of Eunhae fans gushing and fangirling. And there were pictures of Shindong and Siwon together with some of their Korean staff members. I watched clips of Super Junior’s vans driving away from the airport.

I really hated myself in that moment. I missed so much!

As soon as my battery had enough charge to last until I was able to go back home, I unplugged it and made my way out of the airport.

And that’s how I got to where I am now, walking across the parking lot and cursing myself.

The terminal for the buses were on the other side of the parking lot, and I was slowly and despondently walking toward it. No matter how I tried to console myself with the thought that I would at least see them tomorrow, I wasn’t able to get rid of my disappointment and self-loathing.

And luck seemed to be really against me today.

As if my disappointment wasn’t enough, as I also tripped over my own feet , which unfortunately happened quite often, as I was walking in the parking lot. I managed to regain my balance before I fell flat on my face. Unfortunately, I lost my grip on my bag, and it fell, its contents scattering all over the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter