Miss Your Hugs

Of Hugs and Warmth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjoo sighed as she looked up onto the dark sky, stars adorning it. 

She misses Chaewon, but the older girl was away for a job outstation at the end of the year. 

That meant she won't be able to be with Minjoo when the date turns 1st of January, 2020.

She sighed yet again, waiting for the firework show to start as she counted down mentally, her fingers playing with the picnic cloth on the grass. She remembered how she and Chaewon would be cuddling together and count down together excitingly.

Five minutes to midnight, the start of a new decade – how Minjoo wished Chaewon is here with her.

Her right hand hugged the small pillow she and Chaewon shared when they sleep together, and she hugs it whenever Chaewon was away for a few days. It smells like her, and it always calms her down.

Just like the mere presence of Chaewon.

Minjoo took a deep breath in and Chaewon's scent rushed into her nostrils.

One minute to go.

She heard some ruffles behind her, somewhat like footsteps on the grass of her backyard, and she turned suspiciously, afraid of anyone who might be potentially dangerous.

Thirty seconds.

Minjoo turned around, trying to ignore what she'd just heard. She probably misheard it.

The fireworks started to shoot up into the sky, and that's when a shadow ran towards her.

The familiar figure stood there, the fireworks blooming behind her, her smile ever so full of love.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter