Chapter 4

Cursed

As soon as he returned home, his first thought was to find Jinki, the person who seemed to be in every fibre of him.

“Jinki? I’ve brought you lunch from your favourite place today”

It was strange that Jinki really loved Mei Goreng, even though he was able to try all other dishes and cuisines. He always claimed that there was a lot of love put into preparing this dish, which could be felt in the flavour. Waiting for Jinki to join him, Jonghyun started to set up plates for them both. The steaming flat noodles smelt wonderful and made his mouth water. He was soon joined by his best friend, who kissed his forehead lovingly before sitting down for the meal. It felt as though he was experiencing his very first crush all over again, with all the embarrassing emotions. Blushing even as he heard Jinki’s footsteps, Jonghyun knew that he had got it bad. All he knew was that he was highly enjoying the sensations he was experiencing. As they ate their lunch, he couldn’t help but focus on Jinki’s soft lips.

“I know what you’re thinking, Jonghyun. Just eat”

Looking into Jinki’s smirking face, Jonghyun felt his cheeks turn red.

Jinki, on the other hand, was enjoying teasing Jonghyun, as his reaction was hilarious to him. He’d never known how sensitive he was, and from now on, he would do everything he could to push the blushing boy in front of him. Slipping off his shoes, he smiled to himself as he raised his foot and gently Jonghyun’s leg with it, which caused his target to jump violently. There was something really very endearing about experiencing things for the first time, with the person you cared about the most. Never had he ever met someone who had given him so much of affection, so openly. Looking at Jonghyun’s handsome face, Jinki started to wonder how he’d react when he was told the truth about everything. However, it was certainly not even close to being the right time to dig his own grave by opening up that particular can of worms. Instead, Jinki focused his attention on the mole that was right between Jonghyun’s collarbones and felt his mood soar instantly. Clearing the table after dinner, he slipped his arms around Jonghyun’s waist as he washed up, and snuggled against his shoulder.

Since Jinki wasn’t known for being overly affectionate, Jonghyun was really enjoying the feeling of his strong arms around him. Off late, he had noticed a change in Jinki’s attitude, especially since he seemed overly moody. With his emotions going up and down like a rollercoaster, Jonghyun didn’t prefer to even initiate any conversation with his sort-of boyfriend. Smirking slyly as his mind came up with a naughty thought, Jonghyun moved the hose just a little bit and stepped aside quickly, thereby drenching the boy behind him.

Jumping backwards with a yell, Jinki shook his head, sending droplets of cold water all over Jonghyun, who burst out laughing. Under the sunlight that was seeping through the window before them, the little droplets seemed like diamonds that reflected rainbows all over Jonghyun’s face. Had he ever looked more gorgeous than right now, when he was just clad in jeans and a vest, with his wet forearms?

“Why are you staring at me like that?”

“I can’t stop”

Jonghyun couldn’t take his eyes off Jinki either. When he had sprayed him with water, Jinki’s wet shirt had stuck to him, emphasizing his muscles. Muscles that Jonghyun had never noticed before. His biceps seemed a lot larger than earlier, and the rest of him didn’t look bad either. Jinki wasn’t ripped but instead had defined muscles.

“When did you start working out?”

“I’ve had a lot of time on my hands, especially when you went to your classes”

Neither of them could stop staring at the person in front of him, and for the first time, Jonghyun wondered how different his life would have been if he hadn’t had Jinki in it. Since the very first time, Jinki had entered his life and made it beautiful.

“Jinki, I want to tell you something. I’ve decided to stay right here to study. I really can’t stay without you, and since you don’t want to, I’ll stay with you”

“Let’s not talk about that right now. Just come closer to me”

Taking off his wet shirt, Jinki pulled Jonghyun to him and began to wipe off the still glistening droplets from his face. Though the water was cold, he could feel Jonghyun’s skin heating up from his touch. Innocent Jonghyun was a refreshing change from all the other people he observed around him, who would only play with other’s feelings and emotions. In order to be safe, Jonghyun needed to be as far away from him as possible, but he was in too deep to even think about letting the boy he loved, go. All he could do at this moment was try to make the most of the time they had before he could convince Jonghyun to make the right decision. A decision that would mean the end of their relationship. Truth be told, he hadn’t always been this way but had a life of his own. Distracting himself from all the dark thoughts that were starting to enter his mind, he away the last drop of water that remained on Jonghyun’s neck, eliciting a soft whimper. Gripping the back of Jonghyun’s neck gently, Jinki pulled him into a deep kiss, as he embraced him. At this moment, he felt his body responding to Jonghyun’s proximity when hardened with desire.

“I can’t tell you how badly I want you right now, but I’m afraid”

“I don’t want you to control yourself any more”

The next second, Jonghyun felt Jinki’s hands all over him, as he led him towards their bed. Taking off his wet shirt, Jinki gripped Jonghyun’s shoulders and pushed him to a lying down position. his lips in anticipation, Jonghyun sighed as Jinki began to undo his buttons, one by one, kissing his chest each time. Shuddering as Jinki trailed a finger along his chest, Jonghyun felt himself get hot. Swallowing as Jinki’s hand lightly skimmed over his crotch, Jonghyun closed his hand over Jinki’s wrist and pulled him so that they were face to face with each other. It was clear that both of them were in the same frame of mind, and now that Jinki seemed more than ready, there was no reason to postpone things any longer. All this while, Jinki had been acting weird, and it was possible that this was the reason why.