One

Love Among Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Deep in her heart, she knew that she was an intelligent, kind, and sometimes funny girl among her friends. But that nature is often lost somewhere, sometimes lost between the heart and mouth that she uses to convey her heart. She often found herself saying the wrong thing or even pausing and didnt know what to say.

 

She opened , a little wide this time but she closed it very tight. She almost said something, almost. Her whole life might change after she said that.

 

Sweat was pouring down in her thigh, her hand squeezing the paper in her hand. Paper written a hunk of sentences that will change her life later. In her hand, she would give the paper in an envelope to her superiors.

This time she wanted to listen to her own words. The voice inside her head continued to bother her, plus the voices of those closest to her. She didnt care anymore, she was determined to change her life.

 

With a long breath, she knocked slowly on the door of her superior's room.

"Go in ..."

 

Hearing that voice, she stepped into a very large room to be called a workspace. Sofas made of regular brown leather neatly forming a square pattern, luxurious crystal chandeliers displayed on the ceiling. The walls are covered with a soundproof layer, there are shelves filled with corporate awards and photographs of awards received by the boss also lined up neatly on the shelves.

 

In front of a 27-year-old woman was looking at her with a smile. She removed the black-rimmed glasses and invited the girl who had just entered to sit before her.

 

"What's wrong Tiffany?" She asked Tiffany who kept looking down and refused to meet directly with her

 

"Sa ... sajangnim ..." she said quietly

 

"Yes?"

 

"I want to submit my resignation" Tiffany continued very quickly while handing the brown envelope to her boss

Her boss accepted the envelope questioningly. There was a feeling of worry that she felt when opening the envelope. After she saw that it was true it was a letter of resignation from Tiffany, one of her company's employees, her best employee.

 

Tiffany was still in a thousand languages, the girl was afraid if her application was not approved. She was afraid if her superiors refused the request. If rejected means Tiffany really will not be able to withstand the workload again, she could be crazy because of it.

 

"Someone hurt you?"

 

"No, miss, of course not," she answered quickly

"Then why did you submit your resignation, is it because of me?"

 

Tiffany paused, listening stunned to the boss who she respected asking such a thing. While the young director who was Tiffany's boss was still very surprised by the requests of her best employees.

 

"Is it true because my bad self is leading this company?" Asked her boss once more

 

"It's not because it's Sajangnim, you are even very good at leading companies. It's just that I was no longer able to follow the rhythm of work in this company. There are many other things that I want to do " she answered honestly

 

Deep down, her boss agreed with that. The 27-year-old woman also understands very well how office life takes so much time, that doing other work might never be done. She is also very familiar with Tiffany, her performance was very good, she often even found Tiffany working overtime alone to complete office work. What she saw from Tiffany was that she was most likely exhausted by the girl.

 

"Have you thought about this before? Your family knows if you do this? "

 

"Ne Sajangnim ... It's been too long and it's time for me to submit my resignation request to you"

 

Tiffany did not think of anything else at the time, she only looked at the face of her boss who was furrowing her brows, seeming to think whether she would approve or reject it.

 

"Well, if that's your decision, even though management still needs you, but as your boss I will approve it."

 

There was a burden of tens of tons lifted from her shoulders when she listened to her boss say that. Smiling widening her lips until Tiffany even immediately stood up and pulled her boss's hand to a handshake. A sign of appreciation for her approval and also for her kindness during Tiffany worked in the company.

 

"Thank you, sir! Thank you ...! " She replied with a feeling of pleasure

 

Her boss who smiled with her answered "You're welcome Tiffany, you have worked hard all this time"

 

"Nde!"

Tears suddenly flooded her cheeks instantly when the director said that sentence. Tiffany felt a deep appreciation addressed to her. Until she didn't feel it if her boss had hugged her and patted her back slowly.

 

"Even though I don't want to let you go, I have to do it. Happiness waits out there, Tiffany Hwang, " she said while Tiffany, who was busy with happy tears, was unable to answer again except with a nod.

 

Not all parting is the end of everything. Maybe the end is the beginning of everything.

 

- *** - *** - *** - *** -

Snow snaking to the surface of the earth filled along the sidewalk Apgujeong Street. The temperature in the environment was around minus 5 degrees Celsius, really very cold. The sound of a snow-cleaning car on the road still dominated that morning, the snow falling so heavily overnight made the road filled with piles of snow until piled up to half a meter high. Several cars parked alongside the road were not spared from the snow on the roof.

 

Not far from there, a small coffee shop was opened by the owner. The clothing worn by the owner of the shop was very thick and was equipped with a pair of boots to protect his feet from the very cold piercing snow.

 

"Pany-ah ... Looks like you are too early today, is it because the falling snow makes you excited? ”Asked Hyoyeon, the shoe shop owner who was right next to Tiffany's coffee shop

 

"Ah ... Ne ... surely a lot of people are looking for warm coffee in the middle of this cold snow, so I'm very excited"

 

"Hopefully today many customers, yeah?"

 

"Nde ..." Tiffany said as she entered the shop

 

Since she resigned from the company, she decided to open a small coffee shop in the middle of the city. From the severance pay she received from his company, she managed to rent a shop that had been left long ago by the owner. And finally her old dream to open a coffee shop came true too. How happy Tiffany today, even though her income is not too stable, but it is enough to pay for her life that lives alone in Seoul.

 

Not feel it has been 3 months she started her coffee shop business. There are already a number of people who are regular customers. Many say if the coffee made by Tiffany, not just a glass of coffee alone but there is good in every taste.

 

"Harabeoji is very excessive ... the coffee that I make is the same as other coffee" Tiffany said in between light laughter together with a regular customer

 

"Coffee from your coffee shop is very different from the coffee my granddaughter always buys from a famous coffee shop in Gangnam, and the price is too expensive for a cup of coffee."

 

"Ah ... there are indeed many famous coffee shops in the Gangnam area, most of the owners are wealthy people, renting a place in that area is very high. I haven't even been able yet ... hahaha ... "

 

Her customers also laughed with her. Maybe not just because of the warm taste of coffee, but the hospitality of the owner of the coffee shop was no less warm.

"I'll bring my granddaughter here next time to taste the taste of your coffee, don't you mind, Tiffany Tiffany?" Asked the middle-aged man, his narrow eyes forming a straight line when he laughed.

Tiffany nodded with enthusiasm "Of course, grandfather, I will never refuse the arrival of new customers at my place. See you soon... "

 

She waved to her loyal customer who had disappeared from behind the door. After that silence fills the empty space of her coffee shop again.

 

- **** - **** - *** -

 

"How could you not handle it ?! This is your job Hyorin Ssi, I have told you repeatedly not to make the same mistakes, right ?! ”

 

"N ... Sajang Nde ..."

 

"Come on, get out of my room right now!" She shouted, this time she was really angry

 

Hyorin whose face was disheveled with murmurs and pouting lips, she left her superior's room.

 

"It really doesn't make sense" she hissed as she fixed his slightly disheveled hair.

 

Meanwhile, the figure of the boss who had just scolded her was silent staring at a pile of papers and important documents of his company lying on the table. Her mind wandered a few months ago, when she agreed to Tiffany's resignation. If only she refused the request, she would not be overwhelmed like this.

 

She unconsciously questioned Tiffany's situation, from the employee data that he still kept, tucked away from Tiffany's family data that she accidentally read. Tiffany has been abandoned by her parents because of a plane crash and Tiffany's two older siblings who are currently in California also never visited her in Seoul. Really difficult situation. If the girl resigns, where is she currently earning a living for her life.

 

Jessica Jung doesn't want to interfere in other people's business, it's just that she feels like she wants to pull back her best employee to work back to her. In fact she did not hesitate to raise Tiffany's position if that was necessary.

Jessica also did not think if that girl would resign. It was really very unexpected, she thought. But he did not blame Tiffany, according to her Tiffany is a girl who dared to get out of her comfor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter