FINAL

FORGIVENESS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbi lights up the two big round-shaped candles on her dining table. She pours the wine into each glasses, side to side with the steak she cooked. She looks at the table set to observe if this is good enough, she feels like something is missing. She runs to grab the red rose petals she bought earlier. She sprinkles them on the table and the floor. Eunbi squeals. How pretty. She can't wait for Sojung to come back home. It is not just an ordinary day, Eunbi wants to celebrate the day where she and Sojung made such a decision with a special candlelight dinner. In no time, Sojung finally arrives home with a shopping bag full of herbal medicine for the pregnancy that she got for Eunbi. Eunbi takes the shopping bag and stores them into the fridge.

Sojung takes off her coat and then she smiles sweetly when she sees the set that Eunbi prepares. She goes straight to Eunbi just to shower her wife with kisses before they sit down across each other.

"How's work today?" asks Eunbi as she begins cutting her steak.

"The usual," answers Sojung while smiling. She takes a piece into and begins munching. The flavors exploded into . She made a surprised face and she says, "This is really good. You never cook it this way, who taught you this?"

Eunbi smiles, it warms her heart whenever she sees Sojung smiles. After all these years, Eunbi is still feeling the spark. "Yerin gave me the recipe."

Sojung nods at the remark, enjoying her steak still. "Eunbi, I was thinking about it lately."

Eunbi drinks her wine while eyes are focusing on Sojung's. "About?"

"You might consider quitting your job when you're pregnant. I'll take some time off too if it's possible."

Eunbi chuckles. This is Sojung, she never changes. She's the overthinking and overprotective kind of partner. It annoys Eunbi sometimes, "Don't be ridiculous, I'm not in my deathbed."

"Aren't they say a pregnant woman shouldn't be tried?."

"You're overdoing it. It will be fine."

Sojung knows that Eunbi wouldn't change her mind even when she tries to annoy the out of Eunbi for being such an overprotective partner. "I've been married to you for 7 years, I know I couldn't change your mind."

Eunbi only laughs and she continues to eat her steak. The latter who sits across her does the same.

After the dinner and cleans up right after, they both head to their room, taking turns on taking shower. Eunbi starts the process of applying an endless line of skincare into her face while Sojung taking a shower. Sojung's phone vibrates a few times, Eunbi ignores them. A few times more, her phone keeps vibrating. Eunbi walks over to the nightstand to see who's calling Sojung non-stop. It's a private number. Before she places the phone back, another notification pops up. Eunbi feels like she is getting hit by a bolt of lightning. Someone messaged her wife saying 'I MISS YOU' with a private number. She can't believe Sojung is capable of doing this. Series of doubts running through Eunbi's mind. It could have been any other people who miss her wife but why the private number? The sounds of dripping water have stopped, Sojung could come out any second. Eunbi places the phone back to the nightstand and continues applying her skincare.

Sojung comes out of the shower and checks her phone right after it. Sojung immediately looks over to Eunbi who's busy with her skincare. The world will on her if Eunbi finds out. She should have just turned off her phone. Sojung let out a heavy sigh which resulting Eunbi to turns her head to look at her direction.

"What's wrong?"

Sojung smiles, "Nothing. It's work. The Vice President keeps calling and texting me."

Eunbi is getting suspicious of the answer. Sojung is lying. It wasn't the vice president. It was a private number. She wants to ask Sojung right on the spot but she couldn't, she's scared of the truth. Is she even ready to learn that Sojung might be cheating on her? She climbs up to her bed, looking at Sojung who's paying attention to her book. Someone said that if your partner cheats on you, there must be something lacking in yourself. Eunbi couldn't take that reason out of her mind. Is she lacking something?

Sojung turns her gaze at Eunbi, "What are you staring at?"

"You."

"Why?"

"Nothing," answers Eunbi. "Ahhh, I forgot to tell you, I have scheduled an appointment with the fertility clinic this Saturday."

"I know. The clinic called me," says Sojung as she closes her book and places it in the nightstand. "Are you excited?"

Eunbi nods at Sojung. "I hope you're excited too."

"I am. I have been waiting for this day to come."

"I'm sorry I took so long."

Sojung only smiles. "It doesn't matter. What matters right now is we're here," says Sojung as she caresses Eunbi's face.

Honestly, Eunbi is now hesitating about having a baby together with Sojung. Eunbi hasn't let go of the text she sees earlier. What if Sojung did cheat on her? Eunbi can't help but think that they might be not in a happy marriage. Why would they talk about the baby if Sojung isn't happy? There's only one way left for her to know. She promises herself she will find out about this without Sojung's knowledge.

"It's late now. Let's go to sleep." says Sojung as she turns off the lights and pulls up the blanket.


------------------------------------------------


The next day, Eunbi couldn't concentrate during work. She just sits there, mind wandering around. The text haunts her, what is she going to do? Confront her wife or just pretends that she never sees them. No use. She tried. It bugs her.

The same thing happened at home when they were eating dinner. Sojung's phone is right next to her. It keeps vibrating as the messages keep coming which makes Eunbi focusing on the phone thinking the same person keeps texting her wife. Who is this person?

A few seconds after that, Sojung's phone vibrates again and Eunbi's eyes are trying to spot who's calling her wife at this hour. Sojung grabs her phone and then changes her gaze into Eunbi. Eunbi could senses that Sojung looked like her heart missed a beat but Sojung quickly smiles when she finds Eunbi is staring at her.

After dinner, they repeat the same routine as yesterday. When Sojung is in the shower, Eunbi runs to grab Sojung's phone. Eunbi definitely confounds when she finds out that the phone is now locked with a 6 digit password. Sojung never locks her phone but why now? Eunbi types in the password two times but it never gets through. She only has one chance left before it gets locked out completely and only Sojung could reset the phone. Eunbi takes a deep breath before she types the 6 digits. It is the day when they first met. Eunbi squeals as if she's over the moon now when she successfully unlock Sojung's phone. Eunbi clicks the messages fast enough, almost everything is a message from a private number. Eunbi scrolls down to see the last messages and opens them. 'It's been two days. Why didn't you come?'. She opens the next one, she reads every single message. The last text boils her blood. 'You've been ignoring me. You said you love me'. Love? Her wife is in love with someone else? She couldn't believe her eyes, all the messages are definitely proving her wife is having an affair. Her heart is enraged with anger. She could go ballistic in seconds. She always believed that her wife isn't capable of being a cheater. She believed wrong. It makes her think whether she even knows her wife at all? Did she only look at the part that makes her happy? Her perfect marriage crumbles down in just a second. Eunbi just stood there when Sojung's comes out from the shower.

At first, Sojung is about to ask why is Eunbi standing there but then she notices her phone is in Eunbi's hand. It is unlocked. Their eyes meet. She sees the tears fall into Eunbi's cheek with such a resentful look. 

"It...it is not what it looks like..."

"Are you seeing anyone else?" asks Eunbi. Her voice is shaky and low. The words almost could not come out.

Sojung is stoned, unsure of what to say. Nothing she says could soften the situation.

"If you say no, I'll believe you."

"Eunbi...I"

"I'll believe you if you say no," repeats Eunbi. Eunbi is expecting Sojung to say no.

Sojung's face has turned bitter. Eunbi isn't supposed to know and gets hurt now. The nightmare has come alive, the only thing she wishes won't come true. "It's over already," says Sojung as she steps forward.

"Don't come close."

Sojung stops herself. "Eunbi, please..."

"Get out," says Eunbi with a straight face but the tears are still rolling.

"Eunbi, please listen to me..." begs Sojung. Her tone is frustrating. She doesn't want Eunbi to leave the house yet. Aren't they supposed to talk things out?

"GET OUT!" screams Eunbi while pushing Sojung out of their room. Eunbi slams the door on her wife. She cries until her knees weaken. She hugs her knees and buries her face. Her tears are overflowing, her face has turned red along with her eyes. Eunbi lets out a hyperventilate-crying which causes heavy breathing.

"Eunbi, I'm sorry. Please listen to my explanation," says Sojung from the other side.

Eunbi has lost her words because of the forceful of crying. Let alone speak, she can't even look at her wife right now. How could her wife do this? Sure, she heard stories about a partner who cheats but never she thought it'll happen to her.

The next morning, Eunbi chooses to go to work pretending as nothing happens. Eunbi's eyes are puffy from crying too much yesterday. She covers the puffy eyes well with the makeup. When she goes out of the room Sojung is already there waiting for her, looking miserable and guilty but Eunbi ignores her wife's presence. Eunbi goes to the ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter