Curiosity broke the cat's heart

Easy Complex



I've been sitting here for- I don't know, I've lost count. Their conversations were utter rubbish, they talked about the most useless of things. And for full- grown gay men, they had such an abnormal urge to squeeze the subject of women's into each of their conversations.

You could say I could be doing something a little more productive with my night. But they started to backchat about the members, so of course I had to stay and listen to what they had to stay. Even if it was already 3 in the morning.

Himchan POV

I rolled my eyes, I don't know what time it is but I'm already yawning. So I'm guessing it's late. I was planning to sleep in tomorrow, it was our day off, but I don't think I'll be able to sleep at all once I start talking to this guy.

"... And that's why piercings are an inconvenience."

I folded my arms, "Wonderful. Will you let me sleep now?" I walked towards the door but his thin arm blocked the way.

"Okay. I just wanted to have a talk with you anyway."

"A talk?" I mused. Why is this guy suddenly acting so parent-y? "Don't you think we've talked enough?"

"Yeah. And not really. I'm worried about you." He said, changing to a more serious tone. I flipped my head to face him.

"And what would you be worried about?" I asked, almost curious to find out what ridiculous thing comes out his mouth now.

"Well... You and your girly boyfriend, to be exact."

"Tch. Girly?"

He stayed quiet, much to my annoyance.

"Look- if your here to insult him, I'd rather just go to him now, so-"

"I'd been wanting to ask this for a while and I haven't really gotten a proper answer from the person himself... But... does Youngjae love you?"

My face suddenly fell dark and my arms moved from their crossed position. We were dating, but I sometimes doubt if it's official. Of course, I try to keep such negative thoughts out of my head.

"Look- if it's awkward or anything you don't have to answer."

"Why are you asking such-"

"Just curious."

I grimaced, "This, is what you wanted to talk about?"

"It's cupid's job to make sure all couples are happy." I was guessing he was referring to himself.

I jumped off the kitchen ledge and faced him, "And what makes you think we aren't happy?"

"I know something's been bothering you. Valentines day is coming up, why aren't you all stupidly excited, like me?"

I gave him a glare before answering. If I know Yongguk, which I do, this is the type of conversation where I have to spill everything I tried to keep bottled in, to him. "Because he doesn't like Valentines day."

"But you love it."

"I know. But what am I to do? Spend it alone?" I laughed.

"You made me love it." He answered, making his way to sit next to me.

"Yeah. So?"

"Why can't you make him?"

I sighed. He is seriously bringing this up again. I breathed heavily, letting out an exaggerated exhale.

"It's not that easy. He hates skinship, he hates flowers and 'cheesy' things. How can he possibly even take a glance at Valentines day?"

"Just do what you did to me."

"If I recall, taking you out on Valentines day made you detest me... I certainly don't want that to happen with Youngjae."

He slung an arm around my neck and pulled me closer, "So you must really love him, then."

I pushed him away, I smelt a tint of soju in his breath, "I thought I made that obvious enough," I coughed. I don't care much for alcohol. "I'm going to bed."

"'Kay. But don't say I didn't try to help!"

I was going to turn around and scold him, telling him I never wanted his help or if what he was telling me was even help at all, but I was left with him snoring on the floor with his mouth wide open. I kicked him softly in the side, laughing at how he could stay exactly the same from when I first met him. And how he could even act like this at the age of 22.

I made my way out, turning off all the lights except for one. Until I noticed a dark figure, looking like it was in a hurry to rush upstairs, but I noticed that slim figure wearing an oversized hoodie was Youngjae. It was mine after all. And the hoodie.

"Youngjae- ah." I cooed rushing towards him and grabbing hold of his arm, as soon as I did he jolted.

"I- was just going for some, m-milk." He stuttered, slowly escaping my grasp.

I smiled at him, ruffling his soft, blonde locks. "I'll get you some. And I didn't find any spare blankets so you can just take mine. I promise to get your window fixed tomorrow." It was pitch dark, but I could make out that he just nodded. As soon as I let go of his hair he zoomed upstairs without letting me wish him a good sleep.

Strange kid. But it can't be helped, that's the kid I'm in love with.

----------------------------------------------------

I was bored, and my chapter for my Daejong fic , so I erased it all =____=
sooooooooo...I thought I'd work on this story^^
Your comments, advice and criticisms are welcomed in my soft, pudgy arms, so keep 'em coming!