Chocolate Milkshake

Chocolate Milkshake

When Solji entered the cafe, in tears after a fight with her boyfriend, she didn't expect this fierce-looking waitress to come up to her and ask, "Chocolate or Vanilla Milkshake?"

"Um... Just Coffee would be fine, thank you." To her surprise, the waitress shook her head.

"Nah, you're gonna need a milkshake, trust me. So, Chocolate or Vanilla?" Stunned, Solji just managed to stutter out her reply.

"C-Chocolate." The waitresses nodded curtly and returned a few minutes later with a chocolate milkshake in hand. Placing it on the table, she gave Solji a smile.

"It's on the house." She said with a wink before leaving to attend to other customers, leaving Solji struggling to fight off a blush.


From then on, whenever Solji fought with her boyfriend or felt down for whatever reasons, she'd come to the cafe and that same waitress, LE, will just hand her a chocolate milkshake on the house without another word. Somehow, she always seemed to be able to tell if Solji was just stopping by the cafe or if she needed a chocolate milkshake, just from her expression alone.

"Welcome!" As soon as LE saw her expression, she just gestured to the nearest seat. "I'll go get a chocolate milkshake for you."

"...Thanks, LE." Placing the drink down in front of Solji, LE just sighed as she sat down across her.

"What is it this time?" She asked. "You want to talk about it, right? I can tell. I've already asked for an early break." Solji just managed a small smile.

"Thank you, LE." She said before proceeding on to rant about what had happened.


"You seem to be in a good mood today. Did something good happen?" LE asked as she walked up to Solji, who looked up from the menu with a smile.

"Daebak, how could you tell?" She chuckled before continuing, "My boyfriend promised me a date to celebrate our anniversary tomorrow!" LE smiled.

"That's great. Guess you won't be needing a milkshake then. So, what would you like to order today?" Solji was so elated, that she was just as devastated the next day when her boyfriend cancelled with the excuse of being busy with work.

"It was supposed to be our anniversary... He told me he had something great planned..." LE just placed the chocolate milkshake on the table and said nothing as she sat down next to the older girl, allowing her to cry into her shoulder.


"Unnie, it's alright. It's alright." She just had another fight with her boyfriend, and the girls, Hani, Hyelin and Jeonghwa, were all comforting her. The first thought that came to her mind as she sobbed was LE and a chocolate milkshake.

"Milkshake... I want a chocolate milkshake." She sniffled as she led them to the cafe.

"Welcome!" LE greeted as soon as they entered, only to pause when she saw Solji's red puffy eyes. "Sit down anywhere. I'll be back with your chocolate milkshake." She said before disappearing into the kitchen. As the 3 girls sat down at the nearest empty seat, they looked to Solji.

"How did she know you wanted a chocolate milkshake?" Jeonghwa asked curiously as Solji managed a small smile.

"I come here often. She always knows just what I need." LE soon walked over with an extra large chocolate milkshake and handed it to Solji.

"You look like you'll need it extra large." She said casually with a shrug as Solji smiled gratefully to her.

"Thanks as always, LE." LE just shot her a wink.

"It's my pleasure." She smiled before looking to the other three. "So, what will you three be having?"


"LE, I'm here!" Solji called out to the waitress as she entered the cafe.

"Ah, Solji unnie! Welcome! What brings you here today?" LE asked as she walked up to her.

"I came here to see you." Solji joked as she placed her order.

"Why? Did you miss me that much?" LE shot back with a smirk as Solji just laughed.

"What would you say if I say yes?"

"Well then, I'm flattered. You like me that much, huh?" LE teased as she took down the orders.

"Maybe." Solji smirked back at her. LE stuck her tongue out at her in response.

“You tease.” Both of them laughed as she walked away, disappearing into the kitchen.


"Welcome! Oh, Solji unnie?" LE questioned when she saw Solji entered, looking neither sad nor happy. For the first time since meeting the older girl, LE felt at a loss. "Uh... Is that going to need a milkshake, or...?" Solji just shook her head.

"No, no." She looked to LE timidly. "C-Can I...talk to you?" LE raised an eyebrow at that.

"Uh...sure, lemme just go get someone to cover for me so I can get off work early. Just sit down anywhere, I'll be back soon." Solji nodded and sat down in the most isolated corner of the cafe. LE soon sat down across her with 2 chocolate milkshakes and pushed one towards her.

"Looks like you'll need that. So, what happened this time? Another disagreement? Another temper tantrum? An-"

"We broke up." LE froze instantly before looking down at her own milkshake, fidgeting with her straw nervously.

"W-Well... uh... Ok, wasn't expecting that at all." She looked hesitantly to Solji before asking softly, "Wanna talk about it?" Solji just shook her head.

"It just didn't work out. We were fighting too much, too often. It was clear we weren't meant for each other." LE nodded weakly.

"...I see..." She looked to Solji. "So...how are you taking it? Need another milkshake?" Solji shook her head.

"No. I was the one who broke up with him anyway." LE choked as she took a sip from her chocolate milkshake.

"Y-You were the one who broke up with him? Why? Didn't you love him?" Solji just shrugged.

"I did, but I didn't really feel anything over the breakup, so I think that love's been gone for a long time." She said casually.

"O-Oh." LE fell silent. She had no idea what to say in situations like this.

"Besides," Solji began as she took a sip from her drink. "I fell in love with someone else." Poor LE choked on her milkshake again from another poorly timed sip.

"R-Really? Who?" She asked in a mixture of shock and curiosity. Solji smiled mysteriously to her.

"Well, she's really cute and pretty." A splutter was the result of yet another poorly timed sip.

"S-She? It's a girl?" Solji nodded, a shy smile on her face.

"D...Do you mind?" She asked as LE shook her head.

"No, I'm perfectly fine with it but...just didn't expect it, that's all. But uh...how did you know you like her?" Solji smiled brightly at that.

"Well, everytime I felt down, she knew just what I needed to cheer me up! And she's really generous and hardworking too!" LE nodded in approval.

"Sounds like a good person."

"Not just that! Even if she was working, she'd do whatever she can just so she can listen to me whenever I needed someone to talk to!" LE nodded again.

"Yup, that really does sound like a better person than your ex. He really made you cry so many times, I'm already hating him without even meeting him."

"Yeah! She really hates my ex because she hates seeing me cry too, so I know she won't make me cry!" LE smiled. "We get along really well, and she always does her best to make me smile, even if she has to act a little silly for it!"

"Well, she sounds like a really good person. I hope this time, I'll be seeing less of you coming in for Chocolate Milkshakes." Solji smiled sheepishly.

"You might see more of me, actually..." LE tilted her head in confusion.

"Hm? Why?" Solji just shook her head.

"It's nothing. But I'm wondering how to confess to her." LE's jaw dropped at that.

"You haven't confessed to her? Why not?" Solji just blushed.

"I can't help it! I wasn't sure if she likes girls too, and I only just broke up with my ex. It might be too soon for me to be dating again..."

"That makes sense." LE nodded. "Well, make sure you at least give it a go. Even if you fail, at least you won't regret not even trying. Besides, if you get rejected, I'll always be here with a chocolate milkshake for you." She smirked with a wink as Solji looked down with a gentle smile on her face, blushing.

"I just thought of another good trait of hers. She's honest and straightforward, and somehow always knows just the right thing to say. And she's always been there for me through my rough times." LE grinned.

"You already sound smitten." Solji nodded.

"Yeah, I am."

"Then go for it! Just go up to her and give her a sincere confession. Something that heartfelt is sure to deliver its point across, even if it's short and simple."

"Are you sure about that?" Solji asked hopefully.

"Of course!" LE gave her a confident grin.

"Then...I love you."

"Yeah, just like that!" LE nodded. "Man, you sounded so sincere, I almost thought it was for me!" She chuckled.

"I love you, Hyojin." All mirth fell from LE as she stared at Solji, eyes wide in shock.

"You-? But-! Wha-? That's my name, you know." Solji nodded, her face growing redder by the second. "B-Bu-? Wait, then the girl you like-?" Solji nodded again.

"...It's you. You're the one I fell in love with, Hyojin." She mumbled, taking a small peek at LE, who was just staring at her, mouth agape.

"You like...me?" Solji nodded. "Really? Me? You sure about that?" Solji nodded again, with more conviction this time. LE let out a breath as she leaned back in her chair, covering her eyes with her arm.

"...I have a feeling I'm going to need another chocolate milkshake myself."

"W-Why? Did I upset you?" Solji asked, panicking slightly.

"Nah." She calmed down quickly when LE shook her head and let her arm drop limply to her side. "It's just because I'm so happy." She grinned to Solji, her cheeks rosy. It was like a thousand weight just lifted from Solji's shoulders as she heaved a huge sigh of relief. Looking to LE, who was blushing madly with a shy smile on her face, Solji could feel the corners of lifting into a teasing smirk.

"Why don’t we order something to celebrate then?" She asked. "Something that isn’t chocolate milkshake though. All these chocolate milkshakes are making me fat." She pouted as LE's eyes held the same teasing glint as hers.

“I’ll love you anyway.” She said with a wink, making Solji laugh.

“And that’s why you’re the best to me.” She said, finishing the last of her drink. “Any chance I can get a refill?”

“Didn’t you just say all these chocolate milkshakes are making you fat?” LE teased, imitating her.

“I like chocolate milkshakes.” Solji pouted, landing a playful smack on her shoulder. “And besides, you said you’ll love me anyway, so it doesn’t matter. Now, where is my chocolate milkshake, Miss Waitress?”

“Is this a date then?” LE asked with a smirk as Solji smirked back to her.

“Maybe.” LE just chuckled as she stood up, sticking her tongue out at Solji.

"You tease. 2 chocolate milkshakes, coming right up!"