Only

Chivalry, it ain't dead.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The lights are bright, the camera flashes even brighter. The nervous pulse in her veins barely drowning out the sound of excitement in the air. The sheer amount of eyes are unnerving and they definitely would not fail in making anybody’s skin crawl. 

But truth be told, it could really bother Yongsun none. 
Not when her hands are occupied by hers. 
Not when her orbs are staring right into the depths of her affections. 
Not when lays agape in a perfect image of pure joy, mirroring Yongsun’s own. 

 

Just the mere sight of her could make the most tumultuous of storms calm. 
Safe to say, the calm she brought is having that very same effect on the thunderous beat of Yongsun’s heart right at this very moment.


 

Girl, just let your hair down

Let's paint the whole town

Life is our playground, yeah


 

At times like this and really, just any other time, Yongsun believes it absolutely impossible to keep her darn eyes off of her. 

 

Yongsun’s gaze is steady and lingering as she flutters from one side of the stage to the next.
Watches as she exchanges pleasantries with their competition, doing it all with that charming smile of hers. 
She has always had a knack for this kind of stuff. Socializing and whatnot. She’s always done it all quite too easily with an immeasurable air of confidence about her behind that scrunched up smile. But that’s not to say that she puts on a mask to pretend to be someone she isn’t. 
By nature, she’s shy and reserved. It’s just the way she is, but it’s different when it came to things like this. 
Things like Queendom. 
It’s the perfect arena from which Yongsun’s been able to observe how unbelievable her mere existence is.


 

I see you're head over heels

I feel like you deserve it


 

There’s always been that unignorable sense of something genuine about her. 

It’s clear as day how much she truly respects and adores every single person on this stage. 

She makes special acknowledgement of their efforts by taking time to offer a polite bow of her head. She values and understands what it takes to stand on this very stage. She cares for that and that is precisely why she does it. She really doesn’t need to, but she goes out of her way to make these near strangers feel valued anyway. Almost as if to say ‘these rankings don’t define your brilliance’. She doesn’t care about their perception of her, all she cares about is conveying that someone is appreciative of their presence here. The sparkle of pure admiration in her eyes speaks volumes and could make anybody weak in the knees.

 

She’s a gentlewoman.

 

Moonbyul is a true gentlewoman in all sense of the word. 
And Yongsun can’t help but love her for it.


 

And you don't have to love me

Love me, Love me

You don't have to love me

Love me, Love me


 

Yongsun really doesn’t need to love her, she’s never demanded it; Yongsun simply does. 
Moonbyul cares not for reciprocation. And Yongsun guesses that it’s exactly that - the reason why she loves Moonbyul.

Moonbyul is free and easygoing. She is loving and caring. She is the right amount of selfless and selfish. She does everything with unbridled commitment. And the most touching thing of all, is that she does anything and everything to make anyone comfortable. She just does it all. 

She’s beyond everything Yongsun thought a good person is capable to be.


 

There's no pressure

We can do whatever makes you comfortable, yeah

I could float your boat

If you're cold take my coat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter