Will You Go Out With Me

Will You Go Out With Me

Heehyun was in physics class. She hated physics ever since she was in middle school but she had no idea why she would take in the University. She managed to escape this hell subject in high school but just because of her interest in joining this prestigious research programme, she was kinda stuck with no choice. She thought that simple physics would be covered, but oh boy, talking about quantum physics, waves and subsequently astrophysics in the 2nd year made her head spin. She made a mental note to herself to withdraw from the program after the end of the semester. She would rather get a withdraw grade than to suffer for the rest of her undergrad years. While listening to the properties of waves and the many foreign symbols to describe quantum physics, and how the lecturer kept talking about particle in the box had already sent her to lalaland. Interestingly the discussion on the particle in the box has brought up a funny incident in her head. Heehyun would rather be distracted than to overload her head with knowledge that she would forgot instantly.

She remembered a fellow schoolmate had asked her out. Funny, she was the coldest person in the University or maybe the whole of Korea, but this girl, no matter how coldly she had treated the stranger, this beautiful stranger would constantly ask her out no matter how many times she rejected her. Heehyun was just adjusting to school life after being in the University for a week. She was still lost in the school compound but she managed to ask a stranger. When she approached the girl, she was actually quite smitten by the other girl's looks. The girl was really cute. Fair skin, beautiful doe eyes, just the right amount of blusher used and she was just wow. Heehyun knew that she was in trouble. She remembered the last time she had a crush on someone, she was totally infatuated with the person, to the point where she would text her ex-crush every other day and even treat her ex-crush like a princess. She felt so stupid when the latter did not reciprocate her feelings and decided to stop falling in love. Though the cold girl knew that it is a beautiful and magical feeling, she felt that the constant one-sided love made her think that it would be better to be a hermit crab, to hide her feelings in her heart. 

"I am sorry, do you know how to go to this classroom, T143?" the cold girl had plucked up the courage to ask the girl.

"I am actually going there, we must be classmates! Let's go," the girl exclaimed and held onto Heehyun's hand, leading her to the classroom.

When they reached the classroom, Heehyun tugged her hand away and proceeded to the empty seats at the back. The girl went to sit next to her. 

Heehyun just shrugged internally and went to make herself busy to avoid any interactions. 

After lesson, while Heehyun was packing her bag to leave for another class, she felt a hand on her right wrist and turned looked at the hand, before looking at the owner. 

"Hey baby baby, will you go out with me?"

Heehyun was astonished. The girl who she just met, had just asked her out. What is the world was happening? They are still strangers though, but Heehyun definitiely feels that she is a good person in general, her looks is just a bonus. 

"No," that was Heehyun's response and she quickly gathered her things and ran out of the door, to the nearest washroom. Gosh, she almost had a heart attack. She must have looked very silly too, with all the running. For goodness sake, she's already 20, no longer in middle school, yet she acted like a kid.

Back to reality, while in physics class, her hand unknowingly placed on the left side of her chest and she could feel her heart beating very quickly and strongly. The feelings, perhaps were here to stay. Funny enough, even though the incident had happened a while ago. Everytime, whenever she remembered it, her heart would always act very weirdly. She did not hate the feeling but was rather curious as she had never felt this way before.

----

Since the fateful tutorial class at room T143 happens only once every two weeks, Heehyun was glad that she did not have to meet the girl often because she did not know what to do. Heehyun decided to be slightly late for class, since she really did not want to meet that girl or sit next to her again. As Heehyun reached the classroom, she was glad that the tutor already started to teach. She bowed to the tutor slightly and scanned around the room for an empty seat. She saw the girl and purposely avoided eye contact with her but she could see the girl frantically waving at her, from her peripheral vision. Heehyun being much stubborn to acknowledge, decided to settle on the empty seat at the first row. Sometimes, Heehyun wondered why she was very anti-social. Maybe her introverted self had taken over her. Interactions with the tutors and lecturers would scare her but nonetheless, she had to finish what she had started. She wished she could stop her studies too but she is still finding her purpose in life. One thing for sure is that she really likes singing and dancing but she was really scared to pursue her dreams. She did not know anyone who got into this industry and it was her mother's wish for her to go to University. However, she may take some music classes. Since her has enrolled into the University, she rather much explore all her options.

"Alright class, we will have a short break. Come back in 8 minutes time," the tutor stopped to dismiss the class for break.

Heehyun took a short breather. The class was tough but thank God that there was a short break to recover from the mental fatigue. While she wanted to stretch and head to the bathroom, the girl brought all her stuff and sat beside her. 

"Hi, I guess I should introduce myself. I might have startled you back then! My name is Chaeyeon! Let's be friends," the girl was smiling brightly, hand hand out for a handshake. Heehyun had to return the handshake. It would be rude to decline a handshake. While shaking Chaeyeon's hand, she told the smiling girl her name.

"Heehyun," the melodious voice rang through her ears.

"Yes?" Heehyun turned around, thinking that it would be something important. As she turned her head, the captivating eyes of Chaeyeon's as boring into her soul and damn those beautiful eyes. 

"Nothing, just wanna call out your name." Chaeyeon's eyesmile was actually blinding Heehyun but she kept her calm and returned to her aloof self and ignored the girl till the end of class. 

During the entire lesson, she was looking at the clock, and wished that class would end soon. 5 minutes before lesson ended, she had already openly packed her bag. Eyes still focused on the ticking arms of the clock. When the clock struck 11am, she was ready to leave but as usual, a hand would stop her. This time, she was sure who it was and did not bother to look at the owner. The girl said, "I have fallen for you." With that as a cue Heehyun began her usual sprint to her favourite location, the bathroom. She was glad that she could avoid the girl as it seemed like that was the only class they shared. She could have been absent but she was slightly anticipating all the weird antics by the goddess named Chaeyeon.

-----------------

One day, while Heehyun was at her locker, getting her books, she was immediately stopped by Chaeyeon as she turned around. Chaeyeon's hands were at the side of her head, and she said, "all these guys keep staring at me. Everyone sees me but you. What is wrong with me?"

Heehyun did not expect that. The person who she actually developed feelings for the past month had enough of her pushes. She knew that her actions had definitely hurt the girl. Heehyun actually did a lot of thinking reccently and thought that falling in love would not be so bad because Chaeyeon clearly likes her and Heehyun too, returns the feelings. She decided to follow her heart instead of her mind.

"Hey baby baby, will you go out with me?"

"No," Chaeyeon was beyond stunned and did not expect the very same question from the cool girl. She thought that Heehyun would push her away and run like she always do. She actually had her eyes closed after the mini confession. The unexpected question from the girl had her say no, to not reject the cold girl, but to actually tease the girl and to also bring them back to their first confession. She opened her right eye and then her left eye slightly. She could see the confusion on Heehyun's face, however, Chaeyeon pounced onto the other girl, giving her a tight crushing hug. 

"But still, I like you, what do I do?" the beauty whispered into the chic girl's right ear.

"Look at my heart, I’ll give it all to you. Please accept my heart," the slightly taller replied, with her hands on her raven colored locks. 

-End-