One

These Christmas (Falling For You)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One's POV

-December,  2015-

Bomi almost fall on her way walking to the lobby, her hands are full with a plastic bags of groceries. She makes sure not to look dumb with falling down in the lobby of her apartment where there are a lot of people passing by.

It's Christmas season, she doesn't need all those reminder to celebrate Christmas because she would celebrate alone since she cannot go back to hometown due to the work things, besides all her familiy won't be in Korea for this Christmas, they will go to Japan to visit her brother and celebrate Christmas there.

"Hhhh..." She sighed as she remember she would celebrate only with her blurred windows, small Christmas tree, no family.

She continues her walk to elevator, she constantly checks her watch, it's almost 9pm already, she needs nothing more than to get back home to rest and relax into her couch, she feels tired as hell that she just needs to relax her body while randomly watching TV.

She finally reaches the elevator and wait patiently for the elevator doors to open and gets inside and press the numbered button to reach 8 floor where she lives.

Tiinggg..

She was about to lean her head while the evelator brings her to 8 floor before then the elevator doors are opened again, she straighten up her shoulder while waiting who is coming again. She saw a brown haired girl who with her small sling bag and brings two big bags of groceries too, she thinks the girl is around 19 or 20 years old, definitelly younger than her. Then she saw her pressing the 8 floor which that means she lives on the same floor with her.

She looks struggle with her two big bags of her groceries, Bomi wanted to help but she doesn't know the girl seems like she is new neighbour, or it was her who never showed herself to neighbours.

Tinnggg.....

The elevator reached 8th floor where she and the girl live. Bomi let the girl comes out first before her and yet again, she looks struggle with the groceries bag that almost fall out of her hand.

"Oucchh,, let me help with the other one, where are you heading too?" Bomi tried to be kind to the unknown floormate.

The girl looked startled when someone offered a help to her.

"Oh no, thank you I don't want to bother you" she bowed and tried to fix the grocery bags.

"No I don't feel bothered at all, I see we're headed to the same floor, do you perhap live here or visitting someone?" Bomi asked honestly because she never really seen this girl before.

"Owh thank you so much then, and yes, I live here, my room is 803" the girl said.

"Owh 803? I'm from 805 btw, how can we never meet oh my god" she mutters while focusing on bringing the girl's grocery bag.

"Um, I guess because I use to be busy, go early for work and go back quite late" the girl said.

"Well same thing happens to me, it's your room and here's your bag, I'll be heading to my room now, see you, and uhm my name is Bomi, Yoon Bomi" she smiled and bowed to the girl whom she just helped

"Thank you so much Bomi ssi, I'm Chorong, Park Chorong" she bowed back to Bomi.

"Alright Chorong ssi, see you"

"Bomi? Yoon Bomi? I didn't think I saw her around"

She can't stop thinking about the neighbour that she has  just meet while ago, how come she never saw her even though they are neighbour, well Chorong would blame herself as she is a bit closed and introvert.

"Mmm how come I never knew that I have a pretty neighbour, she's so young tho, hhhh never mind, the problem will be the same, i'll celeberate Christmas alone, even Namjoo and Hayoung won't be here too" she sighed as well as she reached her home.

The next day...

"Yeah arrasseo, no need to apologize, I said I understand okay now let me hang up the phone I need to go out for a while, bye"

That's what Bomi heard when she was about to go out to the lobby to get a coffee and a light dinner since she's too tired too cook.

"Ohh Chorong ssi...?" She greeted her neighbour. Chorong looked a bit surprised as she met her neighbour again.

"Oh Bomi ssi, we meet again" she greeted back.

"Nae, are you going somewhere?" Bomi asked even though she already heard that Chorong has to go out somewhere.

"Yes, just need to get some stuff at the supermarket down there" 

"Well, seems like we have to use the same elevator again as I'm also going there, need to get snacks and coffee" Bomi said as she tried to be humble to her neighbour.

They headed to the elevator and Bomi pressed the lobby button as they're going to go to the same place.

"I thought I've seen you around, like one time if I'm not mistaken at the lobby, when you lloked strugle with the groceries bag too" Bomi suddenly remember a thing, that makes Chorong frowned, it would be awkward if Bomi actually guessed the wrong person.

That then Chorong gives her a light nod after she looked tempting to remember what Bomi said.

"Ahh yes, I guess I always have trouble with my groceries bags, I always bought too much things" she says, that made Bomi chuckled thinking how cute her neighbour is.

The elevator doors "diingg" and open up, Chorong stepes out immediately before Bomi, she turns to Bomi to wait for her to step out too.

"Where are you heading to? I'll be in snack and beverages section" Bomi asked.

"Actually I'm going to snack sections too, I need to buy some for Christmas" Chorong replied.

"Ah then we can just go together"

"Sounds good" Chorong agrees and grins.

They're bringing their own trolly and takes their own needs, Chorong spots that Bomi is taking so many snack that made her thinking she probably will celebrate Christmas with her family.

"You buy a lot" she said to her 805 neighbour.

"Yeah, all for myself" she chuckles.

Chorong is thinking that Bomi was just kidding, almost a trolly of snack and drinks for herself.

"For yourself?" Chorong asked in disbelief.

"Mmm yes, I'll be celebrating Christmas alone without my family so I need to entertain myself hehe" Bomi explains without showing her pathetic side because she will be alone for Christmas.

"Oh that's too bad, you can join me if you wants, I'll be celebrating with my little sister and my dad" She offers.

"Nah I'm good, used to be alone tho, don't worry about that.

That is right, Bomi has been living in the apartment complex for 7 month and she used to be alone after decided to live separately with her parents but this will be her first time celebrating Christmas alone. But then again, her parent didn't leave her for nothing, they sent the small Christmass tree and the ornaments and also the gifts for their daughter.

It took her a long time to meet everybody on her floor, as she remembered she only met Mr and Mrs. Lee the spouse who greeted her first when she moved to the building and the second is probably Chorong that she met yesterday.

********

It's finally Christmas day where Bomi really celebrates the day by herself. She has promised to herself not to be sad, her family called her last night and sent gift to her apartment. She wasn't feeling upset because her friend, Namjoo visited her one day before Christmas.

Bomi was drinking her beer when she heard someone's knocking on her door. She doesn't expect Hayoung because she is going abroad with her family, all she could expect was Mrs. Lee who will bring her foods.

"Yes Mrs. Le... Oh,, Chorong ssi,, ss-sorry I thought it was Mrs. Lee" she scrathced her head and grinned.

"Sorry for distubing you Bomi ssi, I'm here to give you this" she handed a box of foods and a small box that looks like a gift.

"A,,ahh, what is this Chorong ssi?" She asked

"Nothing much, just a small gift for my neighbour"

"Wow, you really don't need to do this Chorong ssi, I,, I haven't prepared anything, well, l-let me prepare soon, thank you so much Chorong ssi" 

"It's not a problem Bomi ssi, Merry Christmas, I hope you have all the joy today" she bowed.

"M-Merry  Christmas too Chorong ssi." Bomi replied before Chorong excuse herself to go back to her room.

She stares at the small figure of her neighbour who's walking back to her room.

"Pretty..." She murmurs unconsciously.

She clears bringing her mind back.

"Eoh, what did I say, damn Bomi" she shrugged and hurriedly gets inside before she gets freezing outside.

*********

-December, 2016-

"Chorong, you look tired"

Chorong covers up a yawn and blinks back some tired tears. She turns to her bestfiend who suggested her to go home.

"Nah, I'm fine" she replied

Chorong has been working as manager in a cafe together  with her bestfriend Yongsun for a year. She tends to do the waitress' task too instead of watching their worker from a far.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked nervously when Yongsun keep staring at her like that.

"Nothing, I  just wanted to suggest you to go home early, I can close the cafe".

"Since when you ever offered me a chance to go home early?" She scoffs jokingly.

"Since now" Yongsun grins

Chorong rolls her eyes and turns back to continue to help cleaning the table.

"I can't believe this year is almost over hhhh, we need to get all the reports done so the boss can give the bonus to all the staffs" Yongsun states

"Don't worry Yongsun, we still have few days left." Chorong states back.

"Chorong, you work harder than I do, you need a break, you haven't take any off days this year, holiday is coming, you better take your days off and rest or go somewhere for a vacation" she suggested 

"I prefer working over a vacation Yongsun-ah, you know me and besides, Christmas is coming in few days we all can rest together so I don't need to take off days"

"Do you have any plans Chorong?"

"Mmm I don't think I'll have specific plans, but as usual maybe spending time with my family if they can manage to visit me, but I don't think this year they will, my grandmom complained last year, because  my dad and sister left her alone and she didn't want to go to Seoul" Chorong explained.

Basically, she never have specific plans on her every Christmas day unless spending time with her dad and sister, if they can take their time to visit her in Seoul, besides she doesn't have a lot of friend too.

"So you're gonna spending it alone?" Yongsun asked followed by Chorong's nod.

"You sure you're gonna be okay spending Christmas alone? Seriously you can take days off and go back to your hometown and spend your Christmas with your family"

"Tzkk why did you sound like my grandmom suddenly...?" She chuckled.

"I just worry about you, you worked too hard, no time for yourself, you need time and find someone for yourself"

"Heol why suddenly"

"Eyy because you have been single for my whole time befriended with you, really has there no anybody in your life?" Her friend asked curiously"

"Hhhh the answer is still the same Yongsun-ah, no one, I'm enjoying myself right now"

"But Chorong, honey, you need someone special to spend holiday with I'm glad because you're my pretty friend and you flearly have standards and I know you are strong and independent, but the other hand, I'm getting a bit worried..."

"Yongsun,, I'm still twenty five it's okay for me to be single, tzkk you are so noisy suddenly, look, you girlfriend has come to pick you up, go prepare I'll close the cafe."

Chorong felt safe soon as she saw Yongsun's girlfriend Moonbyul haw come to pick her up.

******

Bomi taps her foot impatiently to her car as soon as she ended her working hours. She wants nothing more than to lay her body on the bed and burry herself under the blanket until tomorrow morning, but then she remembers she needs to go supermarket to buy the foods, she will probably spend her Christmas alone again in Seoul since she won't get more day off this year.

She drives her car with the music played from her melon account, she keeps humming to the song that's what she always do to erase some boredom due to the traffic in the city. She cannot stop thinking to what her mother said to her today that she needs to find someone to acompany her lonely Christmas. She sighs, she cannot ever refuse her mother, but it's about companion it's not like she needs to find a new car or clothes.

She was in her deep thought before then there is a red traffic light, she slowen her car befire reaching the traffic. She looks around the streets and observe all things that happen in between the traffic. Then she spots someone who is sitting in the bus shelter, she's probably waiting for the bus, it's someone familiar.

"Eoh is that Chorong ssi?"she moved her car to the left side and directs to the shelter and stops her car. 

She opens the automatic window to make sure if it's really Chorong.

"Chorong ssi..." She called from inside her car that made Chorong bends her body down to see who called her.

"Owh Bomi ssi, annyeong" 

Bomi gets out of her car after she's sure it's Chorong.

"Annyeong,,  are you waiting for the bus heading home?" 

"Yes, I'm waiting for the bus, it should be here less than 10 minutes" Chorong said after checking her watch.

"Oh if you're heading home you can just go with me, come on." She offered her neighbour for a drive.

"No need Bomi ssi, I can just go home by bus, it'll be coming in 5 minutes"

"Tzk what do you mean, we're heading to the same building, come on just go home with me, it's getting cold outside"

Chorong did what Bomi said and get into Bomi's car. They drive in silence, just the sound of the song that's still playing from Bomi's car. They looked awkward even though they have been neighbour for one year. 

"Where do you work Chorong ssi?" Bomi looks like trying to break the awkwardness air between them.

"At The Blue Lotus cafe, not far from here, and you?" Chorong replied awkwardly.

"In a dance studio, as a trainer"

Chorong nods.

"Oh by the way, I forgot that I need to stop by the groceries for a moment to buy some stuff if you don't mind to wait a bit"

"Oh sure Bomi ssi, I can go with you too, I'll buy some stuff too"

They stopped by at the groceries near the building, as usual, Bomi is buying snacks and some frozen foods, looks like she's gonna spend her Christmas alone like last year. She was busy picking up snacks to her trolly before her eyes stopped at her neighbout's figure who is also busy picking up some stuffs until she's taken a back when the figure turns her head to her direction too. She rushedly diverted her eyes to not to get caught that she was staring at her.

"Anyway are you going to celebrate Christmass alone again, Bomi ssi?" It was Chorong who speaks as they're back to their way home.

"Eum as much as I want to spend it with my family in Suwon, I think, yes, I'm gonna celebrate it here again in Seoul, alone hehe"

"You family is going overseas again?"

"No actually, it's just I have a project that I need to finish before new year, how about you? Your dad's gonna visit you again like last year?" She grins.

"I think I'm gonna celebrate alone this year, my sister has a competition on 26th in China so my dad has to help her prepare and go with her" she explained.

Bomi has a sudden idea to ask her neighbour to celebrate it together but she realized they've never been close even though they have met for few times.

"Owh eum,, then,, then maybe you can celebrate with me, I'll be free on Christmas..." she gripped her palms as the offer came out from .

"Well.. only if you don't have companion yes, I,, I mean,, it's not bad celebrating with neighbour..." She continue even before Chorong respond to her question. She regretted asking for a second like she wants to takes it back.

"Oh, that's not bad idea actually, I can cook for us"

And that's when Chorong finds Bomi's face grinned widely

*********

The Christmas day is finally coming tomorrow, Chorong has been busy since 24th morning, she will be working only for a half day and she thinks to use the time to prepare cooking for Christmas, as she talked before with her neighbour, they will celebrate Christmas together, it's kinda awkward for her but she thinks it's worth to try.

"Hhhh finally home..." She sighed and dropped herself on the couch after reached home. She's just got a text from Bomi that she will come a bit late which it's good for her so she can prepare cooking, it would be awkward for her cooking with someone else.

She's preparing korean foods while keep praying that her cooking won't taste that bad in front of her neighbour. She checks the time  it'sb almost two hours she cooks when it's finally done.

"Woah why I cook this much" she might not realize that she has cooked a lot, she cooked like for her whole family when it's actually only for herself and her neighbour.

Ddiiinggggg....

The bell rings, she's sure it's Bomi, she relieves that her neighbour comes after she finished cooking.

"Ohh come in Bomi ssi.." she welcomes.

"I really am sorry for coming this late" she bows and apologizes.

"No no it's okay,  don't be sorry, everything is done." She states.

"Here I bring snack and the ornaments for the tree"

They have decided to celebrate the Christmas at Chorong's home since she intended to cook so  it'll make it easier for her.

"Haah done,, it's always fun decorating the tree, I used to say it's tiring but my mom w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter