Love Language

Love Language

YoungK had always been so sensitive when it came to feeling around him. For him, feelings were flying with hundreds of color, coming out from people and presented in his head. He could understand other people's feeling better than anybody else, making it easy for him to sense one's change of mood when the others couldn't. The fact was: he observed well too. And these two things were probably the best thing that had helped him to write all of his lyrics.

 

He was a person who understood methapors and hidden meaning, which was why he liked to read poems. And so, he might see feelings when they were reflected from one's action or simply from one's gaze - but they weren't probably all true. He wouldn't say he was always right and it was probably all in his head, but most often than not, he was so sure about it.

 

There were some people who wouldn't say his feeling out loud - people like Sungjin. There was no way that he would tell someone that he liked him, or that he missed him, but to YoungK, he was the most interesting. YoungK used to interpreted Sungjin's stare as him saying, "We did a good job.", or when Sungjin said it had been a while for Sungjin and Wonpil to drive together he interpreted it as Sungjin was missing Wonpil. Of course, Sungjin would only laugh. YoungK sure he was right.

 

Beside Sungjin, there was Skye.

 

Of course, his Skye. She was the definition of a paradox, but he was sure he understood her as well.

 

Unlike him, Skye was more of the shy type, as Sungjin once said. If he was a person who could easily formulize his thought or his feeling into words and was able to say it directly to the person, Skye was the polar opposite: she held everything inside, she wouldn't say anything. It was very hard to understand her at first. It was even surprising how he was convinced her about her feelings towards her when she wasn't sure about it herself. When he said he loved her, what did she say again? Nothing. He remembered her eyes were red - almost as if she was crying. She  never answered, but after that day, she hugged him so tight, saying "stupid" which sounded to him like, "Do not let me go." She never answered, but he was probably the person she mostly talked to, and opened up to, and be with when they were in the crowd.

 

His love language was words of affirmation. Therefore, he could easily say how a person meant to him or how he loved them or simply tell them they needed to eat well and stay healthy and that they did a great job. In contrast, it was very hard for Skye to do the same. She loved poetry and writing one and was intuitive just like him, and she was indeed good at it, but when it came to verbalize her feeling or thought, she wouldn't understand how to. That was why, every now and then he would look through her online journal, because there were the things that she wouldn't say directly to him. Her love language was quality time, and he slowly understood her from the way she spent her time with only a few people, one of which was him.

 

As they both understood the difference, there were the times when YoungK found it so interesting. Yesterday was one of them.

 

Yesterday was super busy. They did MV shots in the morning, attended fansigning later in the afternoon, and continued to do 2 radio shows till midnight. Shooting MV was the most energy-draining of all these. They finished everything and just had dinner at 1 am before going back to the dorm.

 

As YoungK took a bath and touched down on his bed, he texted Skye to ask how she's been doing today.

 

She said she had a good time in the library and met her high school friends. She also told him she found a book that reminded her of him, and she would lend him for she thought he'd like it. He said he'd take a look at it. The schedule had been really packed so it was hard to come to the library or to finish a new book, but if he got a leisure time, He'd really check it out. She said okay, and asked how his day was. It was just then that he slept in.

 

The next morning, YoungK woke up to see about 11 unread messages from her and he frowned. What's the urgency?

 

As he opened her chatroom, his frown was replaced by a smile, then a chuckle.

 

You slept in, didn't you?

Okay then go have some rest. You did well today.

Did you really sleep in?

Why won't you wake up?

Tch. Have a good sleep.

But I want to disturb you.

Younghyun.

Kang Younghyun.

Younghyun-ah.

Yah Kang Younghyun.

Hahaha ok I give up. Have a nice day tomorrow too! I'll be sleeping when you answer me so we'd be draw 😤

 

He couldn't resist smiling from ear to ear.

 

Oh my God, Skye - how should he say this?

 

YoungK remember vividly how she said she didn't show affection to people around her, simply because she didn't understand the feeling inside her and even if she did, it'd be too cringy for her so she wouldn't. And it was true enough, for she never said the L words to him. She was, indeed, a hundred percent different from him as he was a person who would be happy saying I love you to the people around him. But when she said she was scared of not being able to deliver her feeling for him, can he say, she was being afraid of basically nothing?

 

He read 11 out of her 11 messages today - all of which seemed to him like a confession of I love you, 11 times at once. And it made him laugh. The way she just wanted to talk to him, or that she thought of him, was more than I love you for him. Where was the not showing affection, when it was crystal clear she loved him?

 

But of course, Skye needed someone who could interpret the slightest meaning in the most vague message possible, right?

 

The thought made him chuckle.

 

YoungK clicked reply, then went on with his message.

 

You are so damn right for accepting me, Skye, who would understand you even when you said nothing.

I love you too.

 

He clicked send, and put his phone on the table. He needed to prepare for today's schedule. He knew she wouldn't reply until around 10-11 am, for she must be sleeping still anyway. What was she again, a cat?

 

In his head, he knew she'd answer something like: "I hate you" or "You ." When in reality she was happy nevertheless. He could imagine her smiling, even.

 

So when she replied at round 11 am and his guess were right (she replied you ), he replied,

 

I love you too.

I hate you.

Do you want me to say it again?

Shut up.

Okay. I love you too.

Kang Younghyun!!

 

He laughed.

 

His love language was words of affirmation, and sometimes, just sometimes, it would be so endearing to hear her saying I love you to him - which was probably only once, in her letter that she wrote on his birthday. Her love language was different, but somehow, it didn't matter.  Every now and then she would say, "come with me", or "don't go.", or simply "let's go then!" all of which seemed to him more like I love you. The fact that it was him out of all people was already a big deal for her, knowing how she really limited her relationship circle, let alone the fact that he was probably the closest. Therefore, saying I love you once in a year was enough. Probably, more than enough.