...1

Zugzwang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Chanyeol POV]

 

It was a rainy day. In fact, it was raining cats and dogs. I liked it like that. I didn't get why people were so hyped for sun and hanging out outside. I used to know why. But.....now? I guess I forgot.

 

With the familiar jingle of the bell attached to the front door I entered "Le Petite". It was a cozy little cafe run by a fragile little ajumma. It was never as crowded as all these big coffee chains. I liked it.

Looking to my usual spot I already saw Sehun sitting there, head down to his smartphone, typing something. He crinkled his eyebrows and looked up, waving at me. 

"You waited long?" I asked him out of courtesy, he knew I didn't care. Neither did he. "Nah. About five minutes?" He shrugged. One time I waited for almost thirty minutes. Punctuality was never our best trait. "I already ordered. Soonhyang doesn't have this much to do, as you can see." Sehun explained. There are eight tables in total. Three in use. At table one there's a couple. They looked madly in love and I would bet that they weren't here to just hold hands and go seperate ways afterwards, if you know what I mean. Suspect on table number two was a middle-aged man. Maybe taking his break. Suit and case. He was here very often but I had no idea who he was. Why would I?

Last but not least we had a group of students. They were arguing about Socrates. One of them insisted that Socrates locked people inside a cave. Idiot.

"I bet they're pretentious little brats with little to no knowledge of anything besides partying and doing drugs." I laughed. "Have you heard them?" I asked Sehun. He chuckled. " If Socrates did this, then I guess Plato's a pro at apologizing." Sehun almost choked on his spit. "Thanks for reminding me of how funny you are." I declared with a neutral tone. "Ha.Ha. I'm hilarious and it's overdue for you to realize that." Sehun boxed me into the arm. "Wait." He demanded.

"Yah! You guys over there! I wasn't listening entirely but you sure are loud enough. Who was that guy again who threw himself into an alley?" Sehun yelled across the room.

"That's Descartes!" One girl declared while flipping her hair back. Guess a pretty face is enough to survive. "Ah! My bad. Thank you, I knew it." Sehun smiled warmly and nodded. She smiled. 

"Damn. What am I? A magnet for dummies?" He whispered in my direction. "Considering you dated Sarah for four months I think you can answer that yourself." I shivered. She had been such a pain in the . "Oh come on...you know I needed some distraction after th.." Sehun got interrupted by Soonhyang. "Here a your drinks, gentlemen." 

"Thank you." I nodded and smelled on my cappuccino. She indeed mad the best ones you could get anywhere. 

"Oh look!" Sehun blurted out the same time the bell chimed. "What?" 

"They don't look that stupid, you know?" He made the "thinker" pose and looked anywhere but the direction of the door. 

There were two girls ordering

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter