GF Chronicles 6

Girlfriend Chronicles

Joohyun was sensitive to temperatures and she would, almost always, find ways to make sure that the temperature was to her liking. Before she went to bed, she was pretty sure that she the AC; from the soft hum it emitted, she was sure it was. But why was it so warm under the covers and the owner of the arm around her waist seemed to be the source of it? She slowly turned to face Seulgi who was already fast asleep. She touched Seulgi’s forehead and immediately got worried as the bear was burning up.

‘Babe…’ soft hands were tapping Seulgi’s cheek. A hum was the only reply she received. She seems to be in deep sleep.

Joohyun sat up and reached for their bedside drawer to get the digital thermometer, 38.9 C it read. Worry started to creep up inside Joohyun’s chest because Seulgi rarely got sick. She got up and went to their bathroom to get the medicine kit and looked for an antipyretic for her girlfriend.

As she walked back towards their bed, she heard Seulgi was mumbling along the lines of ‘Babe, where are you?’ and ‘Please don’t leave me.’ She gently tapped Seulgi’s cheek again, hoping this time the bear would wake up.

‘Babe…baby…wake up please.’ She softly calls out. ‘Seul…Seul…’ she started to shake the other girl awake.

Seulgi slowly and groggily peeled her eyes open. ‘Hey baby, what’s the matter?’ she sleepily said to Joohyun.

‘You’re burning up, baby and you need to take this medicine. Can you sit up please?’ Joohyun tenderly said as she laid down the medicine on the table to help Seulgi sit up.

‘But I’m okay, babe.’ Seulgi said as she let out a little shiver while sitting up which Joohyun didn’t miss.

‘No, you’re not, baby. Your temperature is at 38.9 and you just shivered. Come on, drink this up, please? For me?’ Joohyun pleaded, knowing Seulgi was as stubborn as her when taking bitter medicines. She handed Seulgi the medicine and the glass of water.

Seulgi heard Joohyun’s plead and she was too groggy and weak to argue so she took the medicine and drank the glass of water to the brim. She was aware as well that Joohyun was worried and she doesn’t want to add up to that worry. So she did was she knew best.

‘I love you, babe.’ She mumbled as she laid back down on the bed and under the covers. Meanwhile, Joohyun got a damp cloth and filled a basin with water. She wasn’t planning on sleeping while the bear’s fever didn’t break. She started to wipe the bear’s face with the damp cloth with the hopes that the fever would go down.

An hour has passed and Joohyun decided to take Seulgi’s temperature again. 37.8 C, it read. She was relieved that the fever went down already and let out a sigh. She quietly got up and went to their bathroom to discard the contents of the basin. She the faucet and was wringing the towel when she felt a pair of arms hug her waist and hot breath stinging her ear.

‘Come to bed with me, babe.’ Seulgi whispered. ‘You don’t have to worry about me, I’m fine.’ Joohyun turned her head to face a sleepy bear. Seulgi’s eyes were closed and she seemed to be really exhausted. So Joohyun dropped the towel and dragged Seulgi out of the bathroom towards their bed. She slowly guided Seulgi to lay down and pulled the blanket up to her neck.

Seulgi wrapped her fingers around Joohyun’s wrist and slowly tugged the other. ‘Cuddle please.’ She sleepily said. Joohyun complied with the clingy bear, she didn’t want to sleep yet, but her tired eyes were saying otherwise, exhaustion evident. So she complied and laid herself down under the covers, beside the feverish Seulgi. She laid her head on Seulgi’s chest, letting the taller girl’s heartbeat lull her to slumber, her arm resting peacefully on Seulgi’s waist. Seulgi still felt a little warm, so she hoped that the medicine would do its wonders.

Morning light seeped through their windows and Joohyun woke up to an empty, cold bed. Her heart pounded in her chest, worry creeping up again knowing Seulgi was sick last night. She quickly got up and looked into their bathroom right away (she thought it wouldn’t be safe for a sick person to go to the bathroom), she found no one. She opened their bedroom door and the smell of pancakes wafted and greeted her.

‘Seul?’ She called out as she ran down their stairs.

‘Don’t run on the stairs, babe. You might fall down.’ Seulgi said as Joohyun reached their kitchen, relief painted on her face. She was huffing and catching her breath when Seulgi approached her and kissed her lovingly. ‘Good morning, bunny. Ready for breakfast?’

‘Are you okay now? You were burning up last night and I got worried you might’ve slipped or something when you weren’t beside me when I woke up.’ Joohyun frantically explained as she wrapped her arms around Seulgi’s waist and leaned her head on Seulgi’s chest.

Seulgi felt Joohyun’s worry and she was thankful she has someone who takes care of her well. ‘No need to worry, babe. I’m okay now.’ She said as she brushed Joohyun’s hair lovingly and kissed Joohyun’s crown. ‘Thank you for always taking care of me, bunny.’

‘Likewise, bear. What did you cook for breakfast?’

‘Pancakes.’ A kiss on the lips. ‘Bacon.’ A kiss on the tip of Joohyun’s nose. ‘Eggs’ A kiss on each cheek.

 

==============================================

 

A/N: Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing well. Stay safe and stay healthy! Take your vitamins and drink lots of water. 'Til next time! :)