Chapter One

Amidst Lies and Pretends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER ONE: FED UP AND DRUNK

 

"Hey, Oh Sehun. When will you get yourself a girlfriend?"

Sehun put away his small glass from his lips, averting his attention to one of his friends in front of him. Seriously, Sehun didn't come to get those kind of questions again. He came to drink until his mind was ed from all his projects and assignments at college, not to be asked with those again.

He needed more; his mind wasn't hazy enough.

"Why do you guys care so much?" Sehun grumbled, grabbing a bottle of whiskey to pour himself another drink. Despite the sounds of various songs pumping all around the room, Sehun could still hear slightly of the liquid touching the glass.

After deeming it a right amount for now, Sehun stopped and gently put the bottle back on the table. He glanced upward to Park Chanyeol, whom was also downing his ㅡ probably tenth ㅡ shot of the night. Chanyeol let out a satisfied hiss, showing a small dimple in his cheek that seemed to attract a lot of females. His silver hair was very striking in the dimly light ㅡ no, too striking for Sehun's taste.

Sehun really liked his friend, but sometimes Sehun had this mood to strangle the guy for always asking him that question just because Chanyeol just had a girlfriend and a loving relationship.

"Well," Chanyeol started to say, putting his glass down, which emitted a small tink, "it's because we are kind of worried. Are you sure that you ㅡ oh you know, attracted to women? I'm all right if you don't, but don't hide it away from us if you do."

Sehun groaned, slumping his back to the black sofa. "I'm a hundred percent sure, I'm still straight."

"Then what holds you back?" Chanyeol asked, his tone sounded impatient. Sehun had a feeling the alcohol was slowly seeping into his friend's mind at this moment. "I hate to say this a lot, but you are good-looking. And I know you know it! You're also very rich. You always get a few letters from your shy admirers, and pretty girls always try to lurk into your DMs or to get your KakaoTalk ID, so I don't get it!"

Sehun remained quiet, choosing to drink all what was inside in his glass with one gulp. The familiar warm sensation started to envelop his throat, and he could feel the slight euphoric feeling starting to take control of his brain.

Before Chanyeol started to either complain or ask again, Sehun was saved with their other two friends walking to their place.

"I'm feeling tired with all that dancing," Byun Baekhyun said, stretching his arms as he sat down next to Chanyeol.

"You know that you look stupid during all those dances, right?" Kim Junmyeon shook his head exasperatedly after he took a seat next to Sehun.

"But it looks like the ladies there thought otherwise." Baekhyun grinned. He snatched Chanyeol's glass that was just filled then downed it in one gulp, ignoring Chanyeol's complaints.

"Hey, you already have a girlfriend," Junmyeon warned, raising his eyebrows as if to prove his point.

Baekhyun sighed, giving the glass back to Chanyeol whom accepted it with a glare. "Yeah, yeah, I know. But these days she's too possessive all around me. You guys know how I don't like being caged, right?" Baekhyun spread his arms, staring around his friends, waiting for their approvals.

Usually, Sehun would just stay quiet when it came to these matters, but maybe because the alcohol was really taking over his mind, it made him let out a snort. "Yeah, of course she will when you're always like this," Sehun said while he was pouring to his glass for another shot.

A displeasure frown decorated Baekhyun's handsome face, clearly annoyed with this change. "Oh? Now you're talking back? Hey, why should I take an advice from someone who, let me stress it, is the only one single in our group?"

"Baekhyun!" Junmyeon hissed.

The fire in Sehun's throat seemed to crawl into both his mind and heart, so he slammed his glass on the table, surprising his friends. He sighed deeply, before raising his gaze upward to Baekhyun, whom looked rather guilty from what he had just uttered.

"I'm tired holding this secret," Sehun said lowly, leaning backward, as slow as a snake who was trying to catch its prey in front of its sight; his gaze never left Baekhyun for a single second. "I already have a girlfriend."

The moment those five words slipped out from his lips, his still surviving rational side provided a surge of panic rising up in his mind. . What did he just say? Did he really just say that he has a girlfriend? When clearly, he didn't have any?

"You do?" Chanyeol hastily stood up in shock.

"Since when?" Junmyeon was obviously surprised, but Sehun noticed the glimmer of confusion in his eyes.

Sehun should have taken back his words before it was too late, but his pride seemed to whisper into his ears to just continue his lie. He was already into this, why should he back down? He was Oh Sehun: a single, handsome man that could search anyone. No, he didn't want to think about that; all he wanted to do was to put a stop with all these teases and all those same questions he kept receiving.

"We just dated two weeks ago," Sehun casually said, shrugging his shoulders, masking off his panic that was slowly bubbling up perfectly.

"Really? With who?" The guilt in Baekhyun's face was replaced with surprise, and did Sehun just notice suspicion?

Sehun tried to rake his hazy brain for any names of girls who were attracted to him. He knew there were many, not that he bragged about it, but he couldn't come up with any. Only one name popped out in his brain, and maybe the whiskey decided that it was perfect enough to let it out from his mouth.

"Roh Haemi," Sehun uttered.

As soon as that name was released, his three friends all crowded around him. "Your best friend? Seriously?" Chanyeol asked, somehow excitedly.

"That older best friend of yours, right?" Baekhyun asked.

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?" Junmyeon crossed his arms over his chest, disappointed that his friend was keeping a secret from them.

"Because of this!" Sehun said, his voice came out louder than he expected, but he was still thankful that the songs were able to swallow it down. "I know you guys will make this out of prop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter