The Vamp

The Vamp
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

this is unrevised. pls bear w my errors

-

Chaeyoung had been acting weird since last night, and it makes Mina utterly distracted, especially with the younger girl pacing back and forth from the kitchen to the living room. 

Mina watched her curiously as she then again returned to the kitchen, her fluffy slippers padding a bit loudly against the carpeted floor. There was a soft thud, the sound of the refrigerator door closing, and then Chaeyoung came back to the living room with her hands clinging on her waist. 

"Uh," Mina frowned when Chaeyoung stuttered back to the kitchen, this time, hand threaded through her bob brown hair. 

The older girl couldn't resist it anymore. While Chaeyoung's pacing is making her dizzy, she is genuinely concerned for her. There must be something bothering her. 

"Chaeng," Mina called out when Chaeyoung came back. 

The girl threw her a confused look, then her eyes trailed down from Mina's face down to her neck. 

Oh, , no. Chaeyoung thought and shook her head. She decided to come back to the kitchen to check for something when a hand grabbed her wrist and spun her around.

Hmmm, sweet and tender.

"Chaeyoung, are you okay?" 

Chaeyoung's eyes snapped open upon hearing the voice. She has been too mesmerized by the inviting smell. Her tongue darted out to wet her lips as her canine teeth returned back to their original form. 

Not now, Chaeyoung! 

"Huh?" Chaeyoung avoided Mina's eyes, focused on the girl's jaw instead and immediately regretted it when she felt blood rushing in her ears. 

"Are you okay? Is something wrong?" Mina said, concern lacing in her voice as her hand remained around Chaeyoung's wrist. Chaeyoung reprimanded herself for even having such deceiving thoughts for the girl when Mina does nothing but show great care for her. 

"Uh, yeah. Just, just tired."

"You must be. You've been going in and out the kitchen," Mina frowned once again, knows that Chaeyoung isn't telling her something. 

The two had been living together for two years now, and Mina (always) knows when something's up with the younger, even with just the slight crease on her forehead or the pout on her lips. 

"Yeah, just looking for something." Chaeyoung gently pulled Mina's grip around her wrist because she's trying. She's trying really really hard, and Mina is just not helping. She smells so good and looks so good that Chaeyoung is running out of self-control, but she's trying, and that's what matters for now. 

She feels the inside of her gums itching and rubbed her tongue against it, trying to soothe the persistent force in her body. Keyword; trying. 

Mina quirked her eyebrow at the movement and pulled Chaeyoung closer by her shoulder. She mustn't be aware of the younger's discomfort because she leaned further to the younger girl's face. 

She hummed. "Let me see."

Please, not now! Chaeyoung chanted to herself. She flinched at the sudden contact when Mina pressed her forehead against hers. Chaeyoung gulped, once, twice, until she ran out of saliva. Mina has her eyes closed, with a few strands of her bangs blocking a portion of her face. The soft skin of her shoulder is visible from Chaeyoung's view, and she clenched her fist to control herself from doing something stupid. 

"You don't seem to have a fever."

"Because I don't have a fever." Chaeyoung chuckled nervously, "Don't worry, Nari. Me perfectly fine." And it's utter contrary to the destructive whirlpool of hunger creeping in her veins. She isn't fine. She is hungry as heck, and really really frustrated because Yoo Jeongyeon the Great forgot to deliver her the vials she had ordered last week. 

"Okay then, do you want to watch a-"

"I'msosorrybutI'mreallyhungrycanIfeedoffofyou?" Chaeyoung sputtered, grimacing with her hands balled in fist gripping on her sweater. 

"What was that?" Mina giggled, and Chaeyoung swears, she doesn't on a daily basis, but she hated the sound of it at the moment because 1, it's ing cute. 2, No one is supposed to giggle because she is not fine, and she is hungry, and 3, When Mina giggles, she blushes and makes the blood rush on her cheeks. 

"I'm super ing hungry." Chaeyoung hissed, hands gripping on her hair this time. She pulled on her mane when she felt her teeth peeking out of . 

"Oh," Mina nodded slowly. "Well, if that's the case, I remember cooling some vials for you ear-"

"I've smoothed it all out, not a single drop left, and I feel miserable."

"Well, uh, how do I help you?" 

During the span of two years living together, Mina found out Chaeyoung's real identity - a vampire. A bit of a shock for her initially. She had always thought vampires and witches and werewolves and other magical creatures only exist in books and tale told stories. She actually considered leaving Chaeyoung because it was admittedly terrifying to live with such a dangerous creature, but Chaeyoung is human, too. She treated Mina like a friend, and she deserves nothing but be treated the same way. And she is cute when she's whiny (except Mina wouldn't admit that. Especially now that Chaeyoung's practically growling curse words under her breath.) 

Mina is a smart girl, always ready and wise, just like the girl scout club she had joined in when she was in elementary. So when she remembered December is coming, she made sure to reserve a few vials for Chaeyoung to consume when her December-hunger comes in the middle of the night. It always goes this way every ber month like a routine. But the small vamp seems to have a different eating routine today and is stressed the heck out because she ran out of vials of animal blood. 

"Water, give me," Chaeyoung demanded and made her way to the couch in the middle of the living room. 

"Sure. Might as well give you some meat?" Mina scurried off to the kitchen and grimaced when she heard Chaeyoung whine. 

"Nooooo, Mina."

"What do you want then?" After pouring a good amount of cold water, Mina made sure to double-check the refrigerator to see if there's any vial left. And Chaeyoung was right. Not a single drop left. She waddled to the sink and saw the mess Chaeyoung had made after consuming her food. She sighed and put out the scattered empty glasses to the trash can. 

She returned to the living room only to see Chaeyoung slumped on the couch, sweat running down her temples and wetting her neck. Poor girl. 

"Hey, Chaeng, drink this, at least."

Chaeyoung got up from her position. Her lips were already pale and dry, eyes reddish and left fang peeking from her lips. 

Opposite to the stories, Chaeyoung doesn't look scary, just intimidating, but that's natural based off of Mina's daily encounter with Chaeyoung. Albeit a bit small, Chaeyoung has this fixed aura that makes everyone feel distant and excluded from her. Maybe because of her nature or maybe because Mina might be a little bit attracted. Maybe both. 

"Feeling better?" Mina asked, sitting beside the girl and watching her eyes glitch from black to dark red. There was a faint yellowish outline around her red irises, and Mina wondered what it means. 

Chaeyoung hummed and lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter