Thankful For Dinner

Thankful For Dinner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wonyoung-ah,” Chaeyeon called out to her when she walked into the cafe after school.

 

“Yes, Chaeyeon unnie?”

 

“I wanted to know if you would like to come over for dinner? Saku-chan is making some of her specialty and she wanted you to come. I already informed the orphanage so you don’t have to worry about it,” Chaeyeon said as Wonyoung thought on it.

 

“Ok, thank you Chaeyeon unnie,” Wonyoung said before going to the locker room to change into her uniform.

 

*grrrr* Wonyoung sounded at the mention of food earlier. Truth be told, Wonyoung hasn’t been eating regularly lately. The orphanage gave out minimal food due to a shortage of supplies and a surplus of the new arrivals to the orphanage. Wonyoung remembers having a tough time at first, so she shared some of her food with the younger kids. It’s even worse at school for the bullies would steal her money. She had no one to talk to so she had been starving herself and keeping quiet about everything.

 

After changing into her uniform, the rest of the day went about as business continues at the cafe. At seven o’clock, the cafe closed and Chaeyeon and Wonyoung were cleaning up the cafe. After cleaning up, the two were outside the cafe while Chaeyeon locks the doors.

 

“Ok, and we’re done! Do you want to go buy anything before we head home?” Chaeyeon asks as Wonyoung’s heart warms up at the word.

 

“Um, no I don’t need anything at the moment,” Wonyoung half lies because she didn’t want to trouble her boss and unnie more so than already.

 

“Ok, if you say so. Let’s go,” Chaeyeon said as the two walks back to Chaeyeon’s place with arms linked together.

 

“We’re home!” Chaeyeon said loudly when they walked through the door.

 

The couple invited Wonyoung over so many times, that it was natural for Chaeyeon to say that. Wonyoung, on the other hand, felt her heart warm-up at the sweet gestures the couple always shows her.

 

“Welcome back! Wonyoung, why don’t you go set your stuff down in the guest room. Dinner is almost ready,” Sakura said as she gave both of them a hug before shooing them away.

 

After changing into comfortable clothes that the couple was kind enough to buy for Wonyoung to leave at their house so she had clothes to change into. The two made way to the kitchen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter