Fin

For you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the last of the flames dies. He takes a deep breath, the smell of ashes fills his lungs. Then he breaths out, with a sigh, he kicks at the dirt below. "Why.....how can you Chanyeol..?" Minseok questions, as the man finally caught up to him after years of being separated. It has been two years now, since they last saw each other. Chanyeol doesn't dare to face Minseok, they were a team once. They fought together against the darkness that threatened the galaxy, now he had became part of the darkness. Burning planets down, killing millions when ordered without remorse. "Answer me!" Minseok screams sending sharps of ice to attack the other, but the attack is repelled by fire. Chanyeol clenches his fists, gathering his courage, he puts on a neutral face and turns to face the elder man. 

It shouldn't be much of a surprised to Minseok, but it was still a shock to see how different Chanyeol had become. The bright pink hair, the white right eye and the soullessness of his eyes, chills Minseok to his bones. He blames himself everyday for the downfall of his team. It was a team of 9, back when the darkness haven't gained that much strength and they were able to contain it. But it had gotten to the light of their team, Baekhyun. That's when the tides turned, it was a devastating moment. When Baekhyun fell into the darkness and Jongdae followed, because he wouldn't bear to leave the other alone in death. Or that's what everyone thought, until they came from the darkness. The powers turned monstrous, from hate and anger. The darkness had corrupted their very core, left them unable to be saved. Then they got the others, one by one. Until there's four of them left in his team, no other team had suffered so much like theirs, they were hated because of their fallen ones. But the four of them stayed strong, yet in the very end Yixing gave up. He was the strongest of them four, yet sadness consume him everytime he had to face their fallen ones in the battle fields. In the end, he gave up, giving up the power that was granted to him and he was gone. Vanished with the wind. Then it was Kyungsoo, he wasn't there when Chanyeol and Kyungsoo was attacked. And from what he was able to gather, Chanyeol willingly gave himself to the darkness. 

Other teams had offered a spot for Minseok, yet he refused. He can feel their hesitation, their fear that if he joined they would fall too. So he refused politely and went fighting on his own. Hoping he would find answers in the ruins of other planets on how to restore the core of the corrupted ones. So far he had found little. He had some hope perhaps Chanyeol isn't broken in and corrupted to the core, because he had gone willingly. Yet he was wrong when he came across planets that is burn down to nothing. Not even remains of the people that once lived in such planets was found, and all he would was to pray that they would have a peaceful afterlife. And many of other teams had suffered a lot of damage from the fire user. 

"It's fun." Chanyeol replies with a smirk, Minseok catches a glimpse of something else in his eyes. It's as if he was still there unlike the others. "Chanyeol....please please....tell me you are still there." Minseok says softly as he steps towards the latter, with a hopeful look. Chanyeol unclenches his fists lightly before he hardens again, unwilling to let his walls down. "You wouldn't understand anything!" he coldly and lights a circle around the elder man so he wouldn't be able to escape. Then he turns to leave in a flash of fire transporting away from the burned down planet. 

However the fire circle that he left Minseok wasn't strong or anything which let the other out. He didn't have the heart to hurt the elder man, because it's true he is still there. His powers might be corrupted but his heart is still there. He wouldn't though made it look like he had let the other go. Chanyeol chuckles softly to himself as he returns to the base where they run their operations. 

He looks at his own hands in disgust, holding back tears that he had destroyed yet another planet and kill countless so many children. So many hopes, he burned everything to the ground. Taking a deep breath, he composes himself again and starts making his way to the main room so he can report back. 

It wasn't like he wanted to be bad, but for Kyungsoo he is willing to burn any world down just to keep the other safe. He remembers that day, when they were out on a date. It was a good

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter