1 of ?

Here We Are

 

in this story, Sungjong was younger than Jo Twins to make everything become simple to write ;) Also I’m sorry if the characters are a bit different from their normal personalities and about the kissing stuffs too, because I am not really sure about that since it’s also based on the manga, but let’s say that it really ‘happens’ in Canada :D

 

When Sungjong first came to Myungsoo’s house, the first thing that Myungsoo thought was, ‘how fragile he seems’.

“ We found this child alone without memories or anything when we were doing researching in Canada, not too deep inside the forest. We’ve raised him for a year, but we thought it would be wonderful if you and your brothers raise him because we are too occupied with our job as scientists, furthermore you all stay in Seoul so the environment to raise him would be the best.”

Myungsoo, along with Kwangmin and Youngmin – his twin brothers - only could glance at each other, probably thinking the same thing like the oldest son.

Sungjong’s eyes were blank and he rarely smiled. He had a very mixed emotion on his face and he stared at his new brothers emotionlessly, making Myungsoo realize that Sungjong’s emotions had developed as simple as that.

Maybe he doesn’t know how to interact with others since he was abandoned when mom and dad found him..

So Myungsoo was the one who approached him closely, slowly, and patiently, even though Sungjong clearly rejected Myungsoo’s touches and brotherly hugs or kisses (because both Myungsoo and the twins were raised first in Canada so acting intimately was not odd at all for them, right before Myungsoo decided to return to Seoul with his brothers after he was old enough to make money, for some reasons). It was completely normal and the twins adjusted to the new routine that the oldest son had to be bitten by the youngest son when Myungsoo tried to shower him much love.

But then when Myungsoo found out what scared Sungjong most, it was the kind of feeling to be ‘loved’.

Perhaps because he lost his memories and he was lonely, cold, and feeling abandoned, unneeded.

That day, Sungjong could not take it anymore, the love Myungsoo always gave to him.

He shouted angrily, at the top of his lungs, as if he were going to rip his throat soon if he continued – but he didn’t care.

“ Why are you trying so hard to get close to me?!” was all he screamed at first, “ You don’t even know me. We were complete strangers before – and now you are doing this? I hate you! Don’t come near me! You – “

And at the same time, Myungsoo swore he saw tears spark on his eyes and ready to fall – and Sungjong’s entire body was shaking like a beaten puppy.

Myungsoo then knew, it was not like Sungjong hated him like when he just vented out his anger.

He was such a lonely, and poor child.

The oldest son took a few strides forwards to launch himself into the boy’s little body, covering Sungjong’s eyes with his bigger hands, murmuring softly, “ Even so..”

If you are so lonely,

Let me halve the loneliness, and then erase it.

After that,

Let us multiply the happiness, for many times you want, because you’re not alone anymore.

“ – Even so, Sungjong..” he whispered, “ Please allow me to love you.”

And the gentle words felt like a breezy wind that made Sungjong’s heart warm – the youngest son widened his eyes, head falling onto Myungsoo’s shoulder.

“ I will always be with you,” he smiled, “ and treasure you, because Sungjong is my precious brother.”

Finally the tears flew down like a waterfall, dropping one by one like drips and wetting Myungsoo’s cloth, but none of them cared.

That day, Lee Sungjong finally knew the feelings for being loved and needed.

And maybe, the feelings of wanting to be together with someone too..

 

~*~

 

“ … Hyung, what are you doing?”

Myungsoo grinned happily like a spoiled child and snuggled even more. “ Waking you up?”

Sungjong clenched his fist. “ But must it be like this?” he emphasized the weird position they currently had; Myungsoo on the top of him. The older boy smugly nodded in joy admiring his brother’s splendid face – beautiful, smooth, and shiny. After Sungjong finally allowed Myungsoo to his life, the oldest son could not help but being so brother complex towards the new family member. His reason was, one of them, because the twins were old enough (18 years old) so they weren’t comfortable with Myungsoo’s weird affection. “ We were raised in Canada so it doesn’t matter to have this kind of skinship among brothers, right? Yeah, since I happened staying in Canada for ten years, it is normal!” was Myungsoo’s self-defense whenever Sungjong tried to kick him off.

“ Yeah,” Myungsoo replied confidently, “ You smell good.”

“ .. It is my morning breath, dummy.”

“ Still good.”

Sungjong finally combusted in irritation. “ Listen, if you – hmph!” suddenly Myungsoo’s lips smashed Sungjong’s and the youngest’s head fell back into pillow. The taller man moved his lips passionately to ravish his brother’s sweet taste and Sungjong squirmed to the touches Myungsoo landed, and how Myungsoo’s fingers were entangled between the soft locks.

When they broke off the kiss, Myungsoo excitedly greeted, “ Good morning, dongsaeng!”

Sungjong sighed, mumbling a very low ‘ert’ before he managed to get off of the bed and stumbled towards the bathroom. It was like their usual routine, showing off exaggerating affections between the oldest and youngest son. Myungsoo had been the one who always attacked Sungjong, whom rarely showed any interest in responding back the love eagerly, because he knew that was how Myungsoo expressed his love. For Sungjong, technically, all he could do was giving in and letting Myungsoo have his way on the beautiful man. He would whine, “ Well that’s because those stupid twins don’t let me to show how I love them so much!” and vent out his depression, or maybe so-called-brother-complex-side to Sungjong. The youngest, of course, decided not to rebel against the oldest because it was, by any chance, his choice to live with his ‘brothers’ so he had to accept it.

After all..

“ Yah, Lee Sungjong,” Suddenly Myungsoo came into the bathroom when Sungjong was brushing his teeth, from nowhere. He smiled. “ Breakfast is ready. We are waiting for you.”

“ Yeah,” Sungjon spat into the sink, “ I’ll be there soon.”

“ Well then..” Myungsoo stepped over, bending down his back slightly. “ Where is my morning kiss?”

The youngest threw him a dirty look, not believing what his brother just said. He put the toothbrush back into its place and tilted. “ Really? You’ve kissed me this morning!” He backed away a little to put a defense-mode but Myungsoo easily grabbed both Sungjong’s tiny wrists with a smug grin. “ Yeah, it was ‘me’ who kissed you so technically, I have given you my morning kiss..” Myungsoo bent closer to whisper and rub Sungjong’s pale nape. “ Your turn.”

Sungjong stared into his brother’s charismatic eyes, wondering if those were the main point to attract his customers on his past job. Sighing, Sungjong murmured, “ I’ll give you later once I’ve finished everything, right before I go to school.”

“ Okay,” Myungsoo pecked Sungjong’s head in satisfaction. The unique yet sweet scent Sungjong had was driving Myungsoo’s crazy – he smelt really nice. Is he eating flowers or something? Myungsoo indulged his lungs by inhaling more and more Sungjong’s scent. It always calmed him, for good reasons, and Myungsoo grew more addicted to this.

“ Hyung,” Sungjong frowned, “ Why are you staring me like that?”

Myungsoo smiled. His brother never changed. Normally, when it comes to other people, mostly women (even though men fell for it too), their legs would give away as Myungsoo stared them with his charismatic gaze. Sungjong was different. Even though Myungsoo got that Sungjong wanted to be with him, he did not show any overwhelming expression of being loved and needed.

Somehow, Myungsoo got worried of it, but he assured himself that one day, Sungjong would be able to show his smile.

“ I’ll be waiting you downstairs,” he said, “ Quick, Sungjong.” The youngest nodded and continued doing his morning routine, while Myungsoo went descending the stairs. The twins, when he stepped down finally, gazed at him and wondered, “ Still in the bathroom?”

Myungsoo nodded and pulled a chair to sit down and eat the breakfast together with them. Kwangmin took a shrimp roll and stated calmly, “ I thought you were doing some erted things to Sungjong up there.” It was when Myungsoo drank a glass of water and choked on it in shock. Youngmin rolled his eyes, elbowing his twin with a short grumpy, “ Cut it out, Kwangmin. Behave yourself.”

Myungsoo sighed in relief, thinking that Youngmin was actually standing up for him and feeling moved, yet instantly vanished away as Youngmin continued, “ Maybe he was really doing that but he covered our baby’s mouth. You know, even though Myungsoo Hyung is handsome, inside he is a lecherous old man.”

The oldest went facepalming. This scumbag brat..

“ Definitely,” and with Kwangmin emphasizing the statement, Myungsoo wondered if there were something hard and solid enough to be thrown off towards the twins. Not too long after, Sungjong came down in his school uniform with a brow raising up curiously. “ Why are you three looking at me like that?”

“ Nothing,” came the same answer from them in unison.

 

 

“ I told you, it’s unnecessary to send me to school,” Sungjong snarled, “ I am not a kid anymore, Hyung! I can take care of myself!”

“ You always leave early..” Myungsoo replied, “ I’m just worried if my lovely brother gets kidnapped suddenly when there’s no one at school.”

“ .. Seriously, brother,” Sungjong grimaced, “ You are kind of a dumb person indeed.”

“ I am just being a good older brother for you,” Myungsoo stated proudly, leading Sungjong to his locker so he could change his shoes. Sungjong sent a dirty look, of course. Myungsoo grinned stupidly that only made Sungjong sigh deeply. He would never, ever, win against the oldest. His ability to make other person’s hearts weak and flabby, perhaps because of his past job.

Speaking of which, he used to be a host back then, until he stopped when Sungjong started living together with him. He never told Sungjong the reason why he quitted and built his own café instead, though it was going pretty well too. Sungjong also never asked him, yet he admitted that he was curious at first, but somehow he never brought the topic up either.

“ Hey.”

Sungjong turned his heels, blinking rapidly when Myungsoo had his way closer towards him and trapped the small body between his arms, his back facing the cold surface of the locker. Sungjong gulped down, glaring up at his brother but to no avail. Myungsoo ducked his head slowly in a tantalizing pace, and Sungjong continued batting his long eyelashes to anticipate Myungsoo’s next move, but he stopped, much to Sungjong’s curiosity. Myungsoo stared at his younger brother for a moment, in which Sungjong felt it like a whole one hour, before he smirked,

“ I thought you were going to give me a morning kiss before you go to.. school.”

It caused Sungjong to widen his eyes and mouth fell agape a little, mouthing a low, “ You still remember?”

“ Duh, it’s obvious,” Myungsoo winked, “ I remember, almost everything, when it’s all about you.”

Sungjong sighed in defeat, knowing that he had lost again. Then, he looped his arms around Myungsoo’s neck reluctantly and pulled the oldest brother closer. He tiptoed, closing his eyes slowly, before he kissed Myungsoo’s lips for a short moment, but felt like forever for both of them. Myungsoo fluttered his eyes open, taking a peek of his brother’s face when kissing him. He adored it – which didn’t make any sense. Perhaps, a sort of feelings like.. protectiveness?

Wanting to keep Sungjong alone all by himself?

“ .. Today’s PE class is running,” Sungjong ran out of breath so he broke the kiss immediately but Myungsoo insisted to keep their faces close. “ So please don’t – “

“ Am I..” Myungsoo smirked slyly, “ Heating you in sensual way?”

Could not be able to hold himself any further, finally Sungjong threw a final punch with a loud scream, “ GOD DAMN ERT OLDER BROTHER!”

“ That hurts!!” Myungsoo shouted in pain, backing away before Sungjong might abuse him again but it was worth of it indeed; getting Sungjong’s morning kiss. He smiled and waved his hand, “ I will pick you up later!” Before he went off, not too long after it another student walked past him in shock with eyes going round while staring at him. Myungsoo chuckled. “ Don’t tell anybody.” Because you caught us kissing.

Right after Myungsoo really left, the student ran hurriedly approaching Sungjong, apparently turning out to be his closest friend; Jang Dongwoo. “ Sungjong-ah!!”

The beautiful man turned and frowned. “ Why are you in hurry?”

“ You..” He breathed heavily, “ Are going out with someone?”

“ What?” Sungjong looked like he didn’t understand at all. Dongwoo, feeling frustrated, shaking Sungjong’s shoulders. “ Well, you are kissing with him! A man! Though I have nothing against homouals..”

“ .. Isn’t that normal?” Because we are family?

Dongwoo dropped his jaws. “ Normal?!!”

“ Quite common, I think..” Because we were raised in Canada too.

“ Common?!!”

Sungjong tilted innocently, half-dumb and keeping his face straight (since he had no idea what Dongwoo meant). “ We’ve done it often since I met him for the first time three months ago..”

That time, Dongwoo almost passed out.

 

 

“ So crowded right there..” Dongwoo muttered to Sungjong. School was just finished couple minutes ago and they both were ready to go home. Sungjong felt curious too so he was close to take a look, but his phone vibrated for sudden that Sungjong knew he had to pick up the call after he saw the name on the phone screen.

“ Myungsoo Hyung.”

“ Yo. I’ve come to pick you up.”

Sungjong’s eyes shot wide-open, recalling the crowd earlier so he ran quickly following his intuition, and he was right that the cause of this crowd was no other than Myungsoo. All girls seemingly surrounded him whom had been waiting for a while – they were admiring Myungsoo’s gorgeous look and drooling over it. Sungjong winced in disgust, wondering if girls were really like this.

It is not like Myungsoo Hyung has something to be proud of..

“ Come here,” Myungsoo cooed Sungjong who obediently did what he was told. “ How about today’s school?”

“ Nothing..” Sungjong replied, “ Mom had taught me some of difficult mathematics after she found me in Canada..”

“ … Wait,” Myungsoo’s face went pale, and burdened. Isn’t mom a very capable scientist? What on earth did she teach to him? “ .. Well, I’m sorry if you find school a little bit boring..”

“ No,” Sungjong shrugged, “ I have made some friends here.. for example, Dongwoo.”

Dongwoo?”

“ Yeah,” Sungjong nodded, “ He’s dumb but funny. He looks like our neighbor a bit, Jonghyun, because those two look like a dinosaur.”

What kind of guy is he talking about..

“ Alright, alright,” Myungsoo decided to end this conversation and stir it to other topic. “ Let’s get into the car.”

Sungjong nodded, following his brother towards their car. After some time, while driving, Myungsoo started a simple conversation about Sungjong’s current school life again and his grades after moving to Seoul, like if there were any difference back then in Canada and Sungjong simply answered it smoothly. Myungsoo, at this moment, suddenly realized that Sungjong was born with a high intelligence and somehow Myungsoo swore he looked stupid – he even quitted from his college and became a host to support his two brothers whom were old enough to earn money (since they were about to be university students that time) but he insisted to pay their school with his own efforts. Even though, at the end, the twins were stubborn enough forcing Myungsoo to let him work in his café after Sungjong came to their house.

But looking at the scintillating brother beside me.. why does he have to get a stupid older brother like me.. -___-

As Myungsoo became immersed into his own thoughts blaming his stupidity, his phone suddenly rang. He squeaked in surprise and picked up the call. “ H-hello? Kwangmin?”

“ Hyung, you have a guest. She insists to meet you now.”

“ W-wha..” Was it one of his ex-customers?

“ Her name is Sora, she said.”

 

 

“ Why did you make me waiting you for so long!”

Myungsoo sighed. “ Well, it was only ten ing minutes, Sora. I drove my car in madness and you still feel not satisfied with my effort?”

“ Someone has decided to grow some balls.. I see..” The girl, who wore a short white dress and brown ankle boots, stomped her foot close to Myungsoo and glared, “ The ex-host who used to flirt with women anytime he could and ended up making them hurt because you never got serious with them..”

Myungsoo stared at the woman in front of him quietly, that Sora even thought that he was trying to give her his famous charismatic gaze but Sora knew it would not work so she put her best defense.. until she found out the gaze turned out to be more pleading.

“ Please don’t say anything more about my horrible past as host in front of my brothers,” Myungsoo pleaded, “ They can hate me!”

“ .. Too bad that someone stupid like you is really handsome..” Sora mumbled, which was responded with eager nods from the twins. Sungjong, behind Kwangmin and Youngmin, narrowed his eyes and jutted his lower lip in wonder. “ Who is she? Why can she bully Myungsoo Hyung easily?”

“ She said that she was the manager of the place where Myungsoo Hyung worked as a host,” Kwangmin explained, “ After Myungsoo left, a lot of customers felt disappointed that the business went down for one month until she could get some handsome hosts again. She dropped by here to see Myungsoo Hyung so she could lecture him for leaving his job.. but it turns out like this.”

“ It seems that she has a very dominant power to make Myungsoo Hyung look totally pathetic,” Youngmin continued, “ So we decided to called him about her so we could see the ‘relationship’ between them.. well, it is worth to watch indeed. They look funny, especially Myungsoo Hyung.”

Sungjong peered at the woman after that, memorizing the unfamiliar name – Sora. They kept bickering and throwing tantrums at each other but ended up with Myungsoo begging her to stop because his brothers were watching and he didn’t want to ruin his image.. which was practically useless.

“ I don’t know what to do with a dumb like you, though..” Sora murmured, glancing at sideways. “ Back then, I used to listen to you about your twin brothers.. but..” she stared at Sungjong with a short pause, “ I’ve never heard about the third younger brother..”

“ Ah, he is our new family member. His name is Sungjong,” Myungsoo scratched his head as he introduced the youngest to Sora. “ He has started living with us since three months ago.”

“ .. I see.”

 

 

“ Stupid brothers for making me carry these all groceries..” Sungjong cursed unhappily under his breath, struggling with the heavy plastic bags in his hands. He trudged past the road to the direction of his home, and when he was near already, he saw Sora walking out of the house. It looked like she was about to leave, and when Sungjong was looking at her, the woman’s eyes caught Sungjong. Sora stared at Sungjong and through his appearance carefully, as she made her way closer to Sungjong. She didn’t break her stare off of Sungjong, while the young boy frowned confusedly, not understanding the woman’s intent towards him.

“ .. You look really ordinary, though you’re a bit beautiful..” Sora murmured, “ But you rarely smile. So uncute.”

“ Well,” It made Sungjong feel so pissed off that he finally barked, “ I am sorry for not being cute, but none of my hyungs are bothered with it.”

“ Yeah, yeah.” Sora rolled her eyes, not caring at all. “ Whatever. Geez. I don’t understand which good parts in you that caused Myungsoo to make up his mind and quit his job as a host..”

. It does hit right the nail on the head.

Sungjong didn’t lift his face, even when Sora had left the place. His face fell, eyes averting to the side road without saying any words.

 I wonder about that too..