(we are made for each other)

our stars align

 

Perhaps it has been days, or months ago, Chaewon discovered the weird side of the internet but doesn't think it's an unpleasant experience altogether. Not really, if you count how many screenshots of Eunbi's memes she collected off twitter and several other social media platforms. She's sure Eunbi would burn her phone if she discovers what has she been doing behind her back, but she has Hyewon as her shield and Meme Masters are more than glad to assist her in collecting more memes.

 

(Especially Sakura. She takes pride in being the Meme Queen.)

 

But Chaewon honestly feels a bit traumatized after witnessing several videos at her weekly episode of "Chaewon Going to the Weird Side of the Internet" but overall, she still thinks the weird side of the internet isn't an unpleasant experience.

 

 

 

Hello WIZ*ONES! It's Ssambbang Day today! Drop off your favorite ssambbang moment and let us celebrate the day where our Alpha Fairy and Peachy Omega unite <3

 

 

This is one of them. It starts as cute little celebration tags until she discovered the world of fanfictions and the creativity of human minds.

 

Chaewon blushes, as she finally finished reading a fanfiction thread of herself having quite a steamy moments with Hitomi, under the tag of #SoftestSsambbangDay ("It's supposed to be soft not ," a disgruntled Chaewon complains, yet she continues to read it until the end). It always amazes her, how people can arrange words so neatly and turn them into a story worth reading.

 

But what piques her interest the most is the many discussions and arts revolving around the birth of Ssambbang Day. Their v-live date at Namsan Tower.

 

It seems so distant, now, with how much new memories made and being made together. But sure, that memory is something precious on its own accord.

 

It's their first and last date before they grew up as an adult. Back then, they were still young and Chaewon wasn't sure if it was the time she realized she didn't think Hitomi as a sister. Hitomi was recently presented that week and Chaewon wasn't sure herself being clingy toward the Omega was the effect of her Alpha being infatuated with the scent Hitomi exuded or another thing entirely. 

 

But she's sure that that moment, it's where she realizes they have established a tight pheromone-bond in a matter of less than a year. It still felt surreal, to have herself bonded with an Omega that quick. It was surreal because that would mean Hitomi was the Luna to her inner-wolf.

 

Her fated mate.

 

She still remembers how stupid she was afterward. Her cowardice and inexperience nearly costed her own life. Her denial of having a fated mate resulted in that unwanted incident, leading to another unwanted incident into another. By the time Chaewon accepted Hitomi entirely as her fated mate, it was nearly too late.

 

Chaewon feels a clench on her chest, a bitter reminder of her stupidity and cowardice.

 

She can't imagine living without her fated mate, without her Hitomi by her side.

 

Her brooding mood is quickly put to stop at the lightest touch on her shoulders, slender fingers lightly massaging her unknowingly tense shoulders as the bed dips down at the weight of the owner of those fingers.

 

"Hitoma," Chaewon acknowledges, the corner of her lips curl upwards as the sweet peach scent Hitomi exudes calms the distress she feels in her chest. She turns, her eyes softly meeting the wondrous eyes of her mate. "I miss you."

 

Hitomi giggles, cupping the older girl's cheeks before planting a soft kiss on her cheek, murmuring a soft, "I miss you too," arching her lips to a soft smile. "You look so sad," she remarks, letting her hands rest on the Alpha's shoulders. The sweet, alluring, scent changes to a calmer tone, mirroring Hitomi's intention to soothe the Alpha. "What were you doing when I was grocery shopping?"

 

"Missing you," Chaewon sulkily replies, scooting closer until their noses touch as her arms wrap around Hitomi, pulling her even closer. "Also, do you need to be this pretty when doing some groceries? I don't want other people looking at you."

 

Hitomi blushes, moving away from Chaewon's kiss to punch her. "S-stop it, unnie," She mutters shyly, "I only wear modest clothes. There's no way I look that pretty."

 

The way her eyes flutter down, dimming as the doubt starts to resurface behind that rich brown eyes, Chaewon softly pulls Hitomi's chin closer, giving her lips a chaste kiss.

 

"You always look that pretty," Chaewon whispers, cupping Hitomi's cheeks. The Omega's fluffy cheeks redden as she utters, "unnie!" in a whine, hiding her face on the crook of the Alpha's neck. Chaewon laughs heartily, pulling her with the weight of her body until they land softly on the bed.

 

(she nearly crushes her poor laptop.)

 

Second ticks by as the room is enveloped in comfortable silence. Nothing is spoken. Only two girls are enjoying each other presence, while tangled in an embrace both are reluctant to release. The only thing Hitomi hears is the sound of Chaewon’s heartbeats.

 

Eventually, everything must come to an end, so does the precious moment they are having as Nako barges into the room, yelling that they should get a move on and help them cook or die of starvation.

 

Hitomi clears , rousing herself from the bed as she reluctantly untangles herself from Chaewon, who pouts at the loss of warmth. "I doubt skipping a single meal would result in starvation."

 

Nako's gaze is critical. "Want to bet on that?"

 

Thankfully, Chaewon spares the Beta from arguing further by jumping off the bed, loudly exclaiming that 'we should help' and successfully pulls Hitomi with her.

 

As they help Eunbi and Chaeyeon on preparing the dinner, Hitomi sees Nako is perching at the couch while peeling off some fruits with Yuri. Nako's smirk is smug and victorious, and Hitomi wonders if this is another of Nako's scheme or is it another thing entirely.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When midnight rolls around, it’s when everyone retreats to their room. Or in Sakura’s case, the storage- gaming room. Eunbi lets her do whatever she wants, but under strict order not to overslept the next day. Sakura promises, but for some reason, everyone knows it’s an empty promise.

 

Chaewon is an exception, though.

 

At first, she is reluctant on asking Eunbi for her to sleep at Hitomi’s room, but after seeing that Hitomi is going to be alone in her room, she makes up her mind and asks anyway.

 

She takes a deep breath before tapping the leader’s shoulder, calling her with a soft, “Eunbi unnie,” before controlling her breath again as the Head Alpha turns to her. Eunbi merely crinkles her eyebrows, a silent gesture for Chaewon to go on with whatever on her mind.

 

The Pure Alpha takes a deep breath. “Can I –“ a gulp. “—Can I sleep with Hitomi?”

 

Eunbi takes her time to blink, but after a second her lips split into an approving smile as she nods her head. “Use protection,” she jokes, handing the younger Alpha a suspicious package.

 

Chaewon throws the package at her with an angry hiss of, “we’re just gonna cuddle!” as Eunbi howls out her laughter. Hyewon who hears their conversation can’t help but laugh as well but is spared from Chaewon’s deadly aim. Chaewon might be annoyed, but the Pure Alpha is beaming a smile and mouthing a happy, “thank you!”, as she darts towards the exit.

 

 

 

 

“She’s whipped,” Hyewon remarks. Eunbi nods, agreeing, then drags her mate to their room to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri is the one who opens the door, with the only explanation coming from the unofficial leader of Jo Yuriz line is, “I’m nervous for some reason,” and luckily Yuri accepts her explanation and let the Pure Alpha in. Had it been Nako, the Beta would torture her.

 

“Hitomi is still awake,” Yuri feels the need to inform, yawning as she takes the turn to her shared room. “Knock. She’s changing her clothes, earlier.”

 

Chaewon nods, thanking Yuri and bids her a soft, “goodnight” and proceeds to knock on the wooden door leading to Hitomi’s room.

 

It doesn’t take long for the door to open, revealing Hitomi in a familiar nightgown.

 

She feels sad but tries to not show it. “Hi,” She greets, nervous as she steps into the room, dipping her head low until she claims Hitomi’s lips in a passionate lip-lock. Hitomi reciprocates her kiss, her fingers are crawling to the Alpha’s nape, pulling her closer to deepen the kiss.

 

Hitomi is the first to break the kiss with a heavy reluctance on both parties, to close the door and lock it. As much as Hitomi wants to continue kissing Chaewon, she doesn’t want anyone to see them making-out.

 

She’s surprised when she turns, Chaewon is already in front of her, pressing her against the door with both of her hands cupping her cheeks, caressing them softly with so much care.

 

“Do you remember what date is it today, Hitoma?” Chaewon whispers against her lips. As she expected, Hitomi shakes her head, confusion written all over her expression. “Nearly two years ago, I ask you out on a date and you agree. But OTR tells us to record a v-live while we’re on a date.” She laughs.

 

Hitomi finally understands and smiles, slowly removing the hands on her cheeks, pulling Chaewon with her towards the bed. “I still remember,” She says, a fond smile gracing her lips as they both settle comfortably on the lower bunk. Hitomi takes a moment before continuing, “But at that time – we are still young.”

 

Chaewon smiles. “True,” she remarks with her hand reaching to Hitomi’s face, tucking a stray hair behind her ear. The small gesture makes the Omega blush. “But that moment is still something I cherish until today.”

 

“I do, too.” Hitomi agrees as warmth fills her chest at the mutual cherishing. “But what brought this on, unnie? It’s not you to bring up something random.”

 

“Ssambbang day.”

 

“…what?”

 

It’s Chaewon’s turn to blush.

 

The Alpha looks away. “Today, WIZ*ONE is celebrating Ssambbang Day.”

 

Hitomi forcefully but gently makes Chaewon look at her again. “But our first date as an official couple isn’t today.”

 

“They’ve been doing this on the 13th day of every month,” She explains. “Coincidentally, we made our relationship known on that fan-sign event on the same day they were celebrating.”

 

“Ah.” Hitomi giggles. “That’s a bit scary.”

 

The other hums, smirking. “Not really.” She pauses to take a good look at Hitomi’s confused face. “It’s like the whole universe wants us to be together.” She hums again, pointedly ignoring Hitomi’s embarrassed hissing and reluctant request for her to stop. “And I hear that Libra and Leo make a good couple.”

 

The Pure Alpha smiles softly, easily catching Hitomi’s flailing arms. She takes a moment to stare into those rich brown eyes that seem to hold the universe within them. She can stare at it for eternity if Hitomi allows her to.

 

"With the fact that even our stars align,"

 

“It’s like we’re made for each other," She whispers, once again pressing her lips to Hitomi's.

 

(Hitomi agrees.)