Prologue

Pools Of Honey

Where it all began,

honey clashing with golden

Within, there I stood.

 

Puddles of gold pooling,

indefinite shimmering

Am I not worthy enough?

 

Your eyes don't reach mine.

It reaches nothing at all.

Please lift your lids, boy.

 

Baekhyun didn't think it was a masterpiece of a haiku but considered it good enough for him. Anyone with a brain could tell what it was about: his crush, the guy who managed to single-handedly make his frigid world a little more lively. Though, not by that much as they never spoke except for the time he had asked for a pencil. Even then, Baekhyun was taken aback at the question, even if it might be casual. It was his crush, after all. 

 

Only his closest friends knew about him, being Kim Jongdae and...no one else. After showing it to him, he says, "If you want him to see you that bad, make him!", even after the many times he's told him that he simply couldn't. It's not like his crush was gay. Knowing him, he'd probably be panual (not to assume). He just loves everyone. And Baekhyun likes to think he's hated.

 

He was certain that his attraction wasn't as distinct as others' crushes with his nonchalant exterior seen every day. He's sure that if he didn't struggle with depression, the whole world would know at this point. It's only been about five months since Baekhyun studied his appearance and personality which made him realize that he was attracted to him. It wasn't anything new...half the school liked him (expected since he's a basketball player). What made him special? Nothing. If anything, his crush would have thrown up if he confessed. 

 

This crush was none other than Park Chanyeol, everyone's favorite student and basketball player (he also plays six other sports but that's unimportant). He's intelligent, funny, strong, and disgustingly handsome. Not only that, but he wasn't some toxic masculine guy his only intention being getting laid. The most Baekhyun can do is watch dozens of girls confess to him only to be rejected politely. "I'm sorry, but I'm not ready to date right now," He would say. "When will you be ready?" The girls would ask. Chanyeol shrugs in response. "I'll let you know when," No, you wont..

 

And when the girls are gone and Chanyeol is left alone, he sees hints of relief on his face. Baekhyun smiles.