The Christmas Tradition

The Christmas Tradition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another bitterly cold morning, but it was one filled with anticipation. “Tzuyu!” Chaeyoung pushed the sleeping woman next to her’s shoulder . “Tzuyu, wake up. We need to decorate today.”

 

Tzuyu groaned. “Chae, it’s too early. Go back to sleep.”

 

“What do you mean it’s too early?” Chaeyoung sighed, looking at the clock on her bedside table, revealing the time to be seven o’clock. “You are usually up at this time in the morning.” Chae jumped on top of Tzuyu.

 

“Why are you so excited this morning?” Tzuyu asked, sluggishly opening her eyes.

 

“Because we have to decorate for Christmas today, remember?” Chaeyoung pulled Tzuyu up into a sitting position.

 

“You really are a small kid, aren’t you?” Tzuyu rolled her eyes. She remembered having to decorate today, but she didn’t want to be doing it so early.

 

“Hey! I’m not that small.” Chaeyoung pouted.

 

“I know you’re not,” Tzuyu smiled as she pecked Chaeyoung on her pouted lips. “I just wanted a reason to kiss those lips.”

 

“Smooth giant, very smooth.” Chaeyoung climbed off Tzuyu’s stomach and walked over to the bathroom to get ready for the day ahead.

 

A little while later and the pair were in the living room, ready to start planning how they are going to decorate the house. “Okay, so first things first, we need to get the tree out of the attic.” Chaeyoung said.

 

“That’s going to be a problem.” Tzuyu replied. “You do remember that we got rid of the Christmas tree last year because it was looking old.”

 

“Oh yeah, we did, didn’t we.” Chaeyoung frowned.

 

“Chae, come on.” Tzuyu put her arm around her girlfriend’s shoulder.. “Please don’t be sad.” Tzuyu rubbed Chaeyoung’s shoulder, trying to help her cheer up. Then, suddenly an idea came into Tzuyu’s head. “Why don’t we have a real tree this year?”

 

“A real tree?” Chaeyoung exclaimed. “Do you mean it?”

 

Tzuyu chuckled. “Of course I mean it. Now come on, I’ll take you to the nearest tree seller and we can look around and find the perfect tree.”

 

The pair dashed into the hallway and put on their thick coats and scarves, bracing themselves for the cold outside. They opened the door and were immediately hit by the bitterly cold wind that swirled around their feet.

 

“Come on Tzu, let’s go get the perfect tree.” Chae grabbed Tzuyu’s hand and pulled her out of the house. The pair giggled as they walked towards the Christmas tree farm.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter