makes me feel like I can't live without you

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You hear it a few weeks after you started to date. It was very faint, like an echo, as though shouted from a secluded corner of your mind. You didn't pay it any attention because, let's face it, it makes you nervous and your hand keeps shaking and you feel so alivewhen you hear it whenever you're with her.

 

She was surprised to find you when she opened her door at 2 in the morning. Frowning, she leads into her room with a wave of her hand and you sit on the edge of her bed while she sits with her back on the headboard. It seems that every god and deity is testing you when you notice what she's wearing. The silence is stretching because you're trying to figure out how the hell does she manage to look like a runway model in a flannel shirt (that you're pretty sure is yours), really, really short shorts and an adorable sleepy expression. You look up to the ceiling because dear god why?

 

A hand on your thigh stops your train of thought and you glance at her. She's smiling faintly and your heart feels like it might burst out of your chest and you stare at her dark eyes. She laces her fingers with yours.

 

"To what do I owe this visit, shortie?" Of course, she goes and ruins it. You scowl at her and swat her knee. "Ow! Okay, I don't tolerate violence in this house."

 

"Bite me, Bae."

 

Her eyes are dark and full of mischief when she looks at you. "Oh, I will," she says, her voice low and sultry. You blush and sputter at her for a few seconds and she's laughing. The sound reminds you of lazy Sunday mornings spent cuddled in bed. You fight the smile that's curling on your lips and you're successfully failing.

 

Her laughter dies down and you're left with silence as you stare at each other. She ducks her head and stares as your thumb absently rub circles at the back of her hand. Her hair falls from where it's been tucked in her ear, shielding her face from view. You squeeze her hand. "Hey, what's up?"

 

She looks up at you for a second (you notice that she's blushing) then back at your joined hands. "Stop looking at me like that."

 

"Like what?"

 

"Like ... I don't know, just ..." she trails off, letting a shy smile take over her features. You feel your heart beat faster in your chest. How she goes from seductive lady-killer woman to innocent and sweet in a second, you don't know. "Anyway, what are you doing here? Is this a booty call?" she says, her timid smile replaced with a sly one.

 

And she's back. "What? No!" You whisper-shout at her and she's laughing again. You grumpily lie down with your head on her lap.

 

"Wan-ah, I know I'm hot but we just got together-" she cuts herself off, eyes wide.

 

"What?" You sense her uneasiness. You know that doesn't happen often so you sit up. With your body next to her, you can almost feel her hesitation.

 

"Are we together? Like are you my girlfriend?"

 

Your hands stops playing with hers and you look at her. She's biting her lower lip and her brows are furrowed and you can't help but smile.

 

You realize you're taking an awfully long time to answer when she moves to disentangle her limbs from yours. Your hands move on their own and your face is suddenly inches from hers. "What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter