Prologue

A Girl & Four Sweethearts

“You’re fired.”

Wendy let out an incorrigible gasp, feeling as though she had just been stabbed in her heart. Her hands were shaking as she tried to steady herself by gripping tightly onto the apron that she was wearing.

“It’s not like we have a choice,” Her manager looked guiltily in her direction. “With the way this bakery is going, there just isn’t enough profits to sustain us and your performance at work have been continuously underwhelming-”

“I’ll do anything! I can try to bake more cakes of variety-”

“Wendy, I’m sorry.”

Two simple words and three words after were enough to let her know that it was final. The young woman frowned as her manager left her in the kitchen. Was this how her dreams would end?

No, this can’t be it.

Her hands balled into a fist, a wave of determination suddenly surging through her entire body. It could have been the adrenaline from just being laid off but Wendy didn’t seemed to care at that moment.

Like what the old saying says, revenge is sweet; she will make it out there as a pastry chef. She will have this dingy bakery eat at their words.

And she will become one of the finest pastry chefs there is in history.