fin.

Blanket Fort

 

“Ack… Uh, which blanket do you need again?” Yujin attempts to say as she struggles to hold up what she could only assume were dozens of comforters and sheets pouring out of the upper half of the older girl’s closet. 

 

“The blue one with the stars on it,” she hears faintly coming from the living room.

 

Come to think of it, why does she have so many blankets stored in here anyway? The only people the blue-haired girl could think of that frequently visit the brunette’s house were her best friends Chaewon and Yuri and herself. Even so, when the two, at times including Yujin, come over to Minju’s for sleepovers they all huddled up together with just one or two blankets needed. Not this humongous pile of comfort and warmth she was trying her best to cram inside the wardrobe after grabbing the needed blanket. 

 

She sighs after successfully closing the closet door with a slight thud and makes her way to the living room, where she finds her girlfriend adjusting the blanket fort she insisted on building that night. Said it would give them a cozier experience while watching the Disney movie she had picked out for tonight’s “cuddle session”. And, heck, Yujin couldn’t say no to a ing blanket fort. 

 

Speaking of such, the taller’s mouth widens in awe at the sight of Minju’s masterpiece of a blanket fort. It had all the good stuff you’d want in one as a kid, like a whole bunch of fluffy pillows and comforters, she had brought out her stuffed animals, and? She even managed to stuff a mini-fridge in there? Truly top tier.

 

“Wow,” Yujin said, admiring the incredibly inviting sight before her, “So this is what you do with all your blankets and such.” Minju chuckles, taking the large blanket that Yujin had brought to her and laying it out on the fort’s roof. 

 

“Well,” the shorter began as she checked one last time for any adjustments to be made before holding gently onto Yujin’s wrist and guiding her into her little shack, laying down and quickly finding a comfortable position snuggled up against the younger girl’s chest. She breathed in her scent, taking in the smell of strawberry shampoo, “I figured this would be more fun than just sitting on the couch like usual. Plus, my mom knits and sends me all of these,” she says, gesturing at all the colorful arrays of blankets over their heads. 

 

Yujin nodded, a grin spreading onto her face, “This is a pretty sick fort.” She turns her head to look at the girl resting her head in the crook of her neck, enjoying the way her breath tickled under her jawline, running her hand gently across her back under her plain black t-shirt and caressing the soft skin there. “We should do this again sometime.” 

 

Minju chuckles at the way Yujin’s eyes were sparkling, full of life and adoration and youth and  she was so whipped for the latter. Her gaze can’t help but trail over down from the younger’s button nose to her visible dimple she adored so much, to finally, her rosy plump lips she had kissed so many times before. She smiles unconsciously, feeling her Indian dimples appear on her face. The guitar player had been doing that a lot these past years, she’d realized. Ever since Ahn Yujin had appeared in her life, from best friends to something that had escalated into much more. And Minju admired the way the former could always make her day brighter with small moments like these, just taking each other in. 

 

The brunette’s thoughts are finally cut off with Yujin’s soft lips pressed gently against her own, the latter’s hand moving from underneath her shirt to the back of the former’s head, running her fingers softly through her silky locks of hair. They stay like that for a while, enjoying themselves until Minju feels Yujin’s kisses getting more and more desperate, gently nibbling onto the older’s lower lip. She smiles mischievously and pulls away before things escalated, taking in the needy whine her girlfriend lets out. She nearly felt bad for her. 

 

“Oh, cheer up,” she scoffs, her eyes lighting up, “You promised we’d watch Aladdin together tonight.” Yujin pouts before finally giving in with a sigh and reaching behind her to grab the TV remote, rolling her eyes playfully at Minju letting out a small squeal of victory. She’d have time to enjoy the older’s lips properly later anyway. Plus, she loves a good Disney movie. 

 

She’d have to come over Minju’s place for a blanket fort date again, that’s for sure.