RomRad

RomRad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lovesick was a word usually used to describe Jung Jinsol. She didn't mind it much since she would walk around seeing roses looking redder and pink skies. But being in love wasn't an activity Jinsol would add in her list. In fact, she considered herself an aromantic who loved love and didn't feel like experiencing it herself.


Haseul and Sooyoung, her best friends and the people she trusted the most since she learned how to speak, both had been in relationships for as long as they remember. Not together though. They thought that, because of Jinsol's habit of decorating her notebooks with hearts and reading love poems all the time, she was in love or at least seeking it. But every time they asked her if she had anyone in her heart she'd deny, and, in fact, her heart was empty of any romantic desires that weren't platonic.


As time went by, the trio had developed their own way of dealing with romance. While Sooyoung and Haseul would talk about their own experiences with their respective girlfriends, Jinsol would talk about the soft scenes she saw around the streets, the birds she saw kissing on a flower, or the beautiful heart designed house she saw while on the bus. And they were fine with it. The two girls who had a significant other would often use Jinsol ideas to improve the romance into their own relationships, making it even more interesting to listen to Jinsol's rants about strangers' love.


Because of that, Jinsol kept an eye open for any chance of finding love. It was funny how a lot of people hit on her and she noticed it but played as a fool. And today, she decided to ran from a person who'd been trying to go out with her for weeks. A random boy from work (Jaemin? Jaewoo? Hangyul? She couldn't remember his name; he wasn't anything remarkable. If weren't for his bad smell and insistent ways of trying to win Jinsol over, she wouldn’t even remember his face), so she took a different bus that stopped a little farther from home, but it arrived faster at the bus stop. It also gave her ten minutes less of small talk.


As she entered the bus, she saw him almost running towards her, with a defeated face. Was she sad for him? A little, but not enough. He ought to take more showers or at least use a better bath lotion because the stinking was real.


You could be wondering why Jinsol would skip a chance of hearing new hits or receiving romantic gifts, but he wasn't any of that. He was a weight. Romance came in small looks and stolen touches, while he was an earthquake of misplaced words and unnecessary bumps. She didn't like that. It felt dirty, and, whenever they spent more time than Jinsol's biological clock allowed, she'd have to excuse herself and puke somewhere. It was bad like that. That was why she felt relieved to see him far, far away, with his plastic roses in hand and crumpled clothes that meant nothing to her.


Taking this bus had another highlight: it was often empty. Jinsol could choose whichever place of her liking without bothering anyone. It took at least two stops before it started filling up, but, especially today, it got even more full than usual. Around five stops, two girls got into the bus and, on that moment, even the air was fighting for space. The only reason Jinsol was able to see them was that she chose a higher chair, while the two girls stood one row from her.


Jinsol's eyes felt attracted to them as flies to honey. She had something Sooyoung called "Romance Radar", soon shortened to RomRad to make it a secret between the three. Actually, a secret between the six ("we can't keep anything from our girlfriends"). It meant exactly what it sounded like: Jinsol could sense whenever a situation seemed even a tad romantic. She sometimes said that a siren blew when the levels of romance were too high.


Right now, she could feel the siren was close to bursting.


The two girls walked almost touching, until stopping near a seat, that, gladly, was into Jinsol’s view. They kept staring at each other, eyes only leaving the other when someone wanted to pass by or they needed to check where they were. They looked so adorable with their high school uniforms and their height difference and stolen glances...


Wait, was it okay for Jinsol to be staring at them like that? Shouldn't she respect their moment? She averted her eyes, but her mind kept wondering what would be their next move. Well, it shouldn't be wrong to watch a little, right? They were on a bus, nothing private there.


After discussing with herself for a few moments, Jinsol rose her eyes and found the shorter blushing under a slight touch from the taller. The taller girl was pulling the shorter's hair behind her ear. Jinsol was gushing from cuteness. Why so adorable?!


It was stronger than Jinsol and she looked at the name tag of the shorter (the only one she could read) and wrote it on her phone. Im Yeojin. A cute name for cute girl.


Yes, she kept notes about the love interactions she found around town to tell her friends an accurate story, thus she needed to keep it perfect.


So, Yeojin. Cute. Bashful. Dying under the taller girl's touch. While Jinsol was also dying inside watching the purest and softest demonstrations of care and love. She wanted to squeeze their faces together while making the most embarrassing sounds possible. But she contained herself, opting for not turning on her music and paying more attention to them than anything else around. A perfect day. No smelly boy and an adorable teen couple having the cutest moment ever.


"Is everything

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter