Thank you, Kurt

Thank you, Miss Instructor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dear reader, this is probably the worst thing I ever wrote. So, you're already warned. But why do you publish this, then, author-nim? You would ask me. Well, I ask myself that myself too. LOL. Anyways, there IS an explanation, which is that this was a draft that I really didn't want to left hanging. It's just so sad when stories are discontinued. So, that's why.

Disclaimer: I only own this fanfic. It was imagined, created and written only by myself. Please refrain from reproducing, imitating, re-posting, copying, etc entirely or partially this story, and if anyone does see that happening please report it.

Twice members were very pressured and stressed with their new comeback. Now that they released “Feel Special” and finished their tour without Mina because of her anxiety, they are all cold with each other and that makes rehearsals and meet & greets very awkward… Mina is still living in the Twice Home but she doesn’t attend to anything public, she is in the shadows with medical monitoring and it depresses the other members. JYP organized a lot of activities to cheer them up but it doesn’t work. Once are realizing that Twice is less fun and start worrying. Twice VLives have fewer views. It's chaotic. JYP last hope: Her.

***

"Meeting?" Tzuyu asks in disbelief to Jihyo.

"Yes. NOW. They said it’s urgent. Hurry up, girls! Mina, what are you doing?" She asks a sleepy Mina who is currently drinking her medicine with her messy hair over her shoulders and dressed in her pajamas.

"Hum? Nothing…?" She answers.

"Mina, you have to come too. Hurry up and dress!"

Mina is surprised. She has not been summoned for 3 entire weeks now… What could be so important that she must attend? She hopes that she is not getting fired… She quickly dresses and combs her hair. In five minutes, she gets out of her room. The other members are waiting for her except Nayeon who is probably fixing her make-up.

"Okay, let’s go now" says Nayeon.

"Shouldn’t I be telling that?!" Jihyo exclaims annoyed

"Oh, shut up, will you?" Nayeon is irritated…

"Guys, stop!" Sana interrupts

"None of your business, dude" Nayeon and Jihyo answer her in synch.

Chaeyoung, Sana and Jeongyeon burst into a laugh while Nayeon glares at them, Jihyo ignores them and Dahyun, Tzuyu, Momo, and Mina stay silent. Dahyun, because she doesn’t want problems; Tzuyu because she doesn’t care; Momo because she spaces out and Mina because she is still wondering what this meeting is about.

After a lot of steps and bickering mostly between Nayeon and Jeongyeon, they all reach where Twice’s manager asked them to go: the PDG Office. It stops right away from their bickering and sends shivers down their spine. Jihyo decides to open the door after knocking it thrice and hearing a hum from inside.

Twice bow 90° to an occidental young woman (a manager probably) who they never saw before, the PDG and JYP himself.

"Please take a seat." JYP says to them

Twice members take a sit on the huge sofa in front of the three other people.

Nayeon can’t help but glance at Mina who looks depressed and tired which doesn’t go unnoticed by the young occidental woman…

The PDG speaks first while the other two say silent. Twice are very nervous because it’s rare to see JYP AND the PDG themselves on meetings.

"JYP is going through a lot. We are spending a lot of money with GOT7’s comeback… And we are also losing money… with you." Twice members are very surprised and more nervous each second passing… "We hired an economist and we are lucky to have a very good one." The woman bows her head shortly "She studied the problem and found a lot of lacks and mistakes…"

"They are all reachable. The biggest problem is your awkwardness around each other, it’s getting obvious…" JYP completes

-Miss Duval, you have all our trust to save the company. You have all the responsibility and you are free to do what you want with Twice as long as you can help us.

She bows her head deadly serious. She suddenly gets up and smiles at Twice.

"Please trust me on this, I will take care of you. From now on, I have the responsibility of your schedule too. You may all have breakfast now."

She bows 90 degrees.

"You may go."

 

Mina POV

I get out with the members after bowing to the three people in charge. We all feel relieved… I can finally breathe properly… I walk a little bit slower than the other members who are all commenting about that economist girl so I can avoid Nayeon. “So, she will have all the responsibility of TWICE, god, that’s a lot of pressure” “Indeed” “I wonder what she is going to do…”. I don’t pay a lot of attention to what they are saying. I’m just thinking about the fact that Nayeon keeps ignoring me and it’s bothering to death. Suddenly a hand slightly grips my wrist. I just stop walking. My heart is beating like crazy because of surprise. I don’t even look back at that person. I just wait.

"Wait, Mina. I have to talk to you."

How rude, she didn’t use the formalities to talk to me. I finally turn around recognizing that voice. It’s the economist. She instantly releases her grip and looks at me in the eye. She is gorgeous. She is way taller than me, probably around 175 centimetres. I follow her to a room that seems to be her office to talk to me privately. She sits behind her desk.

"Have a seat, please."

I sit on the chair just in front of her desk. I take my time to observe her features that I couldn’t see because of my nervousness (mostly because I held my head low all the time) back in the PDG office. She has brown hair with ginger reflections, big deep dark green eyes, a delicate nose, and beautiful cupid bow lips. Something about her is really attractive, maybe because she’s a foreigner and I’m not used to seeing that kind of face. , I’m staring. She notices and smiles. I can’t help but held my head low to hide my blush.

"Mina, I know that you need rest and all that medical stuff, but I want you to participate in the activities that Twice members will do with me. Don’t worry; Nothing under the spotlights. It’s just activities that I’m planning to do to reinforce Twice bond who is suffering just like you because of your sickness. They need you just like you need them, and their mood is pretty down since you aren’t with them. Also, I think that these activities might help you too. I know what anxiety means and I know what you are going through. Please trust me."

"I think I trust you Miss, but am I allowed?"

"Yes, of course. I wouldn’t even ask you if I hadn’t your doctor’s and your psychiatrist’s agreement. They think that what I’m planning to do may help you."

"Then, I guess I’m okay with it."

"Deal. OK Mina unnie (she insisted in that word), you may leave now. Thank you for cooperating. Sayonara."

I am a little bit surprised by the fact that she is younger than me since I’m 22. I thought she was at least 25. How could she even be an economist so young?! Also, can she speak Japanese? This girl arouses my curiosity…

 

Chapter 1 (Part 2)

 

Mina POV:

I walk out of the office, closing the door behind me. There is something written in the occidental alphabet, I read easily:

M. Duval

Economist

JYP’s Relationship Instructor and Adviser

What the hell is “Relationship Instructor and Adviser”, it’s like they just invented that title. I chuckle wondering what kind of “activities” that kid is going to make us do…

I head to the cafeteria. I badly want to eat… There they are… I sit with the other Twice members and try to make myself small, so Nayeon they will not realize I wasn’t there

"Mina-yah! Where were you?!" Nayeon squeals

I sigh, realizing that this cute bunny unnie is very observant…

"I was washing my hands…"

"You are kind of a neat freak, aren’t you?" Jeongyeon jokes

"As if you weren't yourself one" Nayeon whispers

I just smile at her, but my smile doesn’t reach my eyes.

I was finally ignored by the members, and I was enjoying in peace my meal when suddenly:

"Hey!"

I jump of surprise and exclaim: "Are you a relative to Jack-in-the-box?!"

"You are kind of scary indeed, miss" Tzuyu adds

"Haha sorry" the girl scratches her nape awkwardly "hmm, can I join you for breakfast? I just arrived here yesterday, and I didn’t eat since then."

"The thing is, miss, managers usually don’t eat with us" Jeongyeon says with a slightly cold tone

"Well, I’m not a manager, so, if you let me in, there’s no problem." She gummily smiles at us while she finishes her sentence

"So, there’s no problem" Momo says

"Yeah, seat with us" Dahyun adds, cheerful as always. The rest of us just nod smiling politely

Miss Duval doesn’t eat a lot. She just eats rice and an apple and drinks some orange juice. She eats even less than me. I’m a little bit surprised by that. After a couple of awkward minutes in silence, Chaeyoung breaks the ice by asking:

"Unnie, why are you so tall?" with a little pout

We all laugh by that unexpected question.

-I’m not so tall, I am just 173 tall.

-That’s a lot. You’re even taller than Tzuyu -Sana answers-

-In fact, in Europe, it’s quite common to be this tall -she states- Anyways, being short is not horrible at all, it can be very useful.

-For what? -Chaeyoung asks-

-I don’t know, for lots of things… sneaking under a portal, that kind of thing… -she explains very seriously, I wonder if she is sarcastic and chuckle along with my co-members- What?! -Okay, she wasn’t joking, I can’t help but laugh, she is freaking funny

-Hey, you’re unfair, remember that I’m your boss here, at least show more respect –she says-

-Excuse me miss, but, how old are you? -Jeongyeon asks

-22 years old, miss -she answers proudly- (huh, that’s weird, why did she call me unnie, then? We are the same age. Maybe, she thought I was older…).

-I thought you were older than me. -Nayeon said-

-Do I look old?

-No! I didn’t mean that. Wait. What?! Yah! I’m not old! -Nayeon is pissed-

I smile at Nayeon’s cute demeanor. That western girl is so funny though. I’m starting to like her.

-You’re cool, I like you. -Jeongyeon states-

-You just stole those words from my mouth. -Jihyo adds-

I smile while we all agree.

-Still. How can you be an economist at such a young age? -Dahyun asks interested-

-Well, I skipped a couple of years. And I’m taking a sabbatical year for experience before going to the lion's den.

-Interesting -Tzuyu mumbles-

-Anyways, I’m your boss now, also I must go prepare all the schedules. Sayonara.

She bows her head and walks away.

We finish our breakfast, my co-members are probably talking about Duval, but I can’t help to space out thinking about Nayeon who seems so natural like nothing happened… Anyways, I should hurry up: I want to be alone and rest, I will play video games. I head to the dorm and settle on my bed; I’m going to play while listening to music. Perfect for a Saturday…

-Mina! -someone says, it sounds like Nayeon-

, I can’t rest here… I’m starting to wonder if I’m really on vacation.

-What?!! -I say annoyed-

-Come here! [Nayeon]

-NO! I want to REST! [me]

-OK but come here! [Nayeon]

I sigh, get up from my bed and go to the common room from where Nayeon seems to shout.

-What? [Me]

I’m expecting an explanation for what she did to me yesterday but instead, she just points at the board on our door.

-Well, our schedule is empty!

-Cool. Can I rest now?! -I’m a little bit irritated-

-No, we have to go to Duval’s office first. The others are waiti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter