Final Chapter

The longing

2014

Kwon Jiyong POV

The period you have made up your mind you need to move on. The year where everything between us became memories - happy and sad memories. I am sure I have more happy memories between us than you have of us. You have given unselfishly to me, overlooking my faults and stood by me even at my lowest point. You got me back on my feet and supported me to be where I am today. You are still the one that I am saying my thanks to in every occasion.

I have single-handedly broken the aspired future we spoke about. Our dreams by the Han river. I am sorry Baby Love. You are still my Baby Love. I thought we still have a chance at it together. I was reluctant to let you go. I know I am selfish. But my heart hurts with the thought of not seeing you every other day.

Then on that day, you bravely told me you are tired and want to move on. I can see the sadness in you when the words came out of you.

“Bommie …” I called.

“Dun Ji.” You pleaded with your crescent eye smile. I saw tears hovering in your eyes. But you were firm in finishing what you want to say. “I am tired, Ji. I need to move on. You have your dreams and you are there now!” pointing to the stars in the dark sky. You cupped my face and kissed my lips gently as tears started rolling down your cheeks. Before I can hold on tighter to you, you turned and left without a backward glance, leaving me alone on the rooftop. I felt very cold suddenly that night.

2017

“Am I dreaming?” I asked myself as I still feel the lingering kiss on my lips till today.

2019

I pictured you in a wedding gown, walking down the lawn to me as I looked happily at Dami. I longed for you to be by my side to enjoy the happy occasion of my family. I emptied the flute of champagne as suddenly the thought of you walking to the alter with another guy irks me. Can I face it on the day when that picture of you with another man splashes across the press?

The press stated the King of KPop is back. Am I? I always question. Of course, I am proud of my achievements, but did anyone see the sacrifices I made? The one sacrifice that still haunt me – Park Bom. Will you come back to me if I give up what I have today? You will hate yourself if I did that. You assume they are more important to me than you are. Do I always have to choose something over you? I hate that.

For 5 years you kept silent and took everything in your stride. Good or bad. You are truly the Queen, my baby love. Starting everything again to achieve your dreams. I am very proud of you. I hope to share a stage with you again one day. Please dun go too far Baby Love. Can I love you again? Wanna go back?

2017

Park Bom POV

Tears rolled down my eyes as I listen to the song you just released. You were my life then too, Ji. Other than music, you are the only one that I love so much. But, well you are the superstar and I must be hidden away from everyone now even my music. I am exhausted. As everyone says, you are born to be the superstar. You are born for the music industry. I will just hold you back, dun I? You need someone equally glamourize to be the other half. You made the right choice to be with her. She is lively and fun to be with. I can see you are happy with her.

2019

Finally, you are back from your enlistment! Thank god you are safe and healthy. The King of KPOP is back – the press stated as I was scrolling through my mobile while waiting for the Queendom recording. Indeed – you are the king of KPOP. I will be anticipating your new release and support you in my own ways.

Queendom is done. I signed contentedly. It hurt my ego I did not win. But at least I made some friends and gain more experience being on a show alone. And my fans. I love them. I looked up into the dark sky on my way back home. It looks familiar to the fateful day in 2014. Stars sparkling in the dark sky. Probably they know the King of KPOP is back too. I laughed at the thought.

The press is reporting on my final Queendom song “Wanna go back”. I miss my girls and want to go back to those days; also to the days when you and I were one. Just us working hard for our dreams. I wanna go back. But I can’t go back, can I?

 

THE END